Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    When Bud Light goes bad how can you tell?
    DSL with the very rare cogent point...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      There WAS one big Supreme Court decision today and it's the EPA/Clean Waters Act case.

The Court was actually unanimous as to the specific facts presented by this couple from Idaho. The EPA did NOT have lawful jurisdiction over their property. Justices much more divided after that. The majority basically said that the EPA only has jurisdiction over wetlands if they are directly connected to "navigable waters". The three libs plus Kavanaugh essentially dissented from that restriction. Thomas & Gorsuch appear to have wanted to go farther.
      It was a very, very good day for the Court.

The opinion you referenced above is an excellent brake on adminstrative insanity and provides actual justice to the litigants involved -- who were getting asbolutely assfucked by the EPA. And the Court was unanimous, as noted, in their conclusion that the EPA can't assfuck those homeowners, though split on what the "brakes" are.

The Court was also unanimous in favor of a homeowner in striking down a Minnesota action as a taking. Basically, if you fail to pay taxes, the state/local government can foreclose and auction the property off to recoup the taxes. Well, in Minnesota, if there was an excess in the sale, they just kept it because why not -- we're the fucking government so go fuck yourself. The Court said, nah, man -- that's a taking, you go fuck yourself.

Both cases involved infuriating sets of facts where benevolent Prog governments take your money and/or tell you what to do with your land including saying that a drainage ditch is "navigable water" of the US. And the Court -- unanimously -- told the benevolent overlords to fuck off.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• We've got a guy with one of the most off-putting voices in all of politics. Hey I've got a great idea, let's have him break his campaign announcement in an audio-only format where everyone will get to listen to him sound like a nasally egghead.

Comment

• Talent,

The elderly Minnesota woman was also hit with onerous penalties and interest. I know the suit had limited scope, but I wish they had addressed that, too.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

It was a very, very good day for the Court.

The opinion you referenced above is an excellent brake on adminstrative insanity and provides actual justice to the litigants involved -- who were getting asbolutely assfucked by the EPA. And the Court was unanimous, as noted, in their conclusion that the EPA can't assfuck those homeowners, though split on what the "brakes" are.

The Court was also unanimous in favor of a homeowner in striking down a Minnesota action as a taking. Basically, if you fail to pay taxes, the state/local government can foreclose and auction the property off to recoup the taxes. Well, in Minnesota, if there was an excess in the sale, they just kept it because why not -- we're the fucking government so go fuck yourself. The Court said, nah, man -- that's a taking, you go fuck yourself.

Both cases involved infuriating sets of facts where benevolent Prog governments take your money and/or tell you what to do with your land including saying that a drainage ditch is "navigable water" of the US. And the Court -- unanimously -- told the benevolent overlords to fuck off.
            Which again is why I say the most long term damage from this looney administration is in the judicial appointees...they are fucking lunatics...with only a grandstanding Ted Cruz there to call them out...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Talent- I lost track of the post but a guy who keeps track of the # of opinions written by each justice each term seemed very confident that because Alito wrote the EPA case today, Roberts will be writing the Votings Rights Act/Alabama case that was also heard in October. For whatever that's worth or what one might predict from that.

Comment

• Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes sentenced to 18 years for leading Jan. 6 seditious conspiracy - ABC News (go.com)

Comment

• Meanwhile...
                  Attached Files
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Bwahahahaha
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Fw_ZKs3XsAMCN3s?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• How to say I don't know how gas prices work without saying I don't know how gas prices work...
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          How to say I don't know how gas prices work without saying I don't know how gas prices work...
                          I think that I know how gas prices work. If you restrict the supply of fuel with anti-fuel policies, then the price of the fuel goes up, as it was designed to do.

(Also -- there was a sick "considered by Liberals to be racist but not actually racist" joke in there that I think you may have overlooked).

Comment

• You mean the murderer in the foreground?

Yeah, I saw it. Ha ha.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                              Hey the Felines are the favorite in the NFC North this year...buckwheat...
                              HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** taking a breath **

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH AAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I think that I know how gas prices work. If you restrict the supply of fuel with anti-fuel policies, then the price of the fuel goes up, as it was designed to do.

(Also -- there was a sick "considered by Liberals to be racist but not actually racist" joke in there that I think you may have overlooked).
                                And, if you tell the oil producers that your country is going to put them out of business within 10-15 years, .. they simply say, .. "Alright, then you won't mind if we raise prices, and take our profits NOW instead of later"...

JOE did that.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X