No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL. Yeah, I mean....once the "Don't Say Gay" narrative got started, there wasn't any talking to the Left. It's not like they were going to read the bill.

And, I guess, if Disney was, in fact, motivated by disgruntled employees, then it's likely they were on the Left and likely they were swayed by a false narrative and had zero interest in being disavowed thereof.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Froot, in only 1:25 America’s Governor, Ron DeSantis does everything you suggested. If you’re ever on the Internet, there’s some really cool websites such as Google and YouTube where you can find information. It might take several seconds but it’s so easy even you can do it with a little practice.

Comment

• Most of the media got a lot wrong about the Amanda Gorman poetry book. It wasn't banned, it was reclassified to be only age-appropriate for junior high and older.

Doesn't change the fact that the initial objection that sparked the need for a review was fucking dumb and very much wanted the poetry banned for all grades K-12. The lady who filed it didn't even get the author right -- she thought Oprah wrote it.

Should we treat every complaint like this with total respect and patience? I guess the schools are better off doing it to avoid future headaches but man, I have never had respect for this "the customer is always right!" approach going back to the old shoe selling days. No, the customer is frequently a fuckstick.

Fw2Gl1MaQAUcVd-?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          The foot washing ceremony, as I learned about it in Sunday School as a child, was meant to be a ceremony where it is demonstrated that the master is not greater than the servant, and the servant is not greater than the master. A lesson in humbleness and humility. All are equal in the sight of God when it comes to the faith. Some church congregations tie the taking of communion with foot washing. They will not take communion without immediately following with a foot washing ceremony.
          What the guy described, very specifically, was shoeshining, not feet washing. I confess I don't know to what extent the concept of foot washing can be poetically repurposed into shoeshining, because I am not a churchgoer. But I will also say that what he describes is not an act of humility, but one of raced-based repentance. The shoeshining acts as a "role reversal" of sorts -- there is a lot of historical context to it. It sounds to be a lot more like what the guy in the photo below is doing than the Biblical practice that you have described to me.

_42723661_slavery_pa203b.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Froot, in only 1:25 America’s Governor, Ron DeSantis does everything you suggested. If you’re ever on the Internet, there’s some really cool websites such as Google and YouTube where you can find information. It might take several seconds but it’s so easy even you can do it with a little practice.

You are missing the point. I said he should have simply explained it. He didn't need to go any farther, he used the government negotiating in secret to use the government to retaliate against Disney. He gloated about it in his memoirs.

Comment

• So? You're backpedaling like a motherfucker. DeSantis explained the bill ad nauseum in very plain English that even you could understand. So why couldn't Bob Chapek figure out what was actually in the bill? Was that kept a secret from Disney as well? You go to great lengths to defend sexualizing 6 year-olds. Very strange. Why is that?
              Last edited by Mike; May 31, 2023, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• The Progs fear Captain Ron...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So you think it's appropriate for governor to use the government to retaliate against free speech? Or is it only in specific cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    So you think it's appropriate for governor to use the government to retaliate against free speech? Or is it only in specific cases.
                    Asked and answered at length. Are you drunk this early in the day?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Most of the media got a lot wrong about the Amanda Gorman poetry book. It wasn't banned, it was reclassified to be only age-appropriate for junior high and older.

Doesn't change the fact that the initial objection that sparked the need for a review was fucking dumb and very much wanted the poetry banned for all grades K-12. The lady who filed it didn't even get the author right -- she thought Oprah wrote it.

Should we treat every complaint like this with total respect and patience? I guess the schools are better off doing it to avoid future headaches but man, I have never had respect for this "the customer is always right!" approach going back to the old shoe selling days. No, the customer is frequently a fuckstick.

Fw2Gl1MaQAUcVd-?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                      This is the bullshit you are voting for every time you vote for a fucking Republican. Every Fucking Vote.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• No he's not drunk. Just stupid.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

This is the bullshit you are voting for every time you vote for a fucking Republican. Every Fucking Vote.
                          ...and this is what you get when you vote for Progs...every fucking time...fetterman fienstein.jpg
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It has nothing to do with drinking.

I think government retaliation is wrong. I thought your answer was nonsense and I wanted better clarification, you said it it walked a very fine line but these are unusual times.. That's weak sauce. It's a non answer at best, at worst you are saying you agree with the government retaliation if they speak out against something you are in favor but against retaliation if it are not in favor of.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                              No he's not drunk. Just stupid.
                              What am I going to do? The Trump guy insulted me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

You are missing the point. I said he should have simply explained it. He didn't need to go any farther, he used the government negotiating in secret to use the government to retaliate against Disney. He gloated about it in his memoirs.
                                DeSantis explained the bill perfectly. What needs to be emphasized here is that the "retaliation" against Disney was about special treatments by the state that were unavailable to any other company. Governmental autonomy for Disney World was off-the-charts beneficial. Imagine allowing a private company to set its own tax structure for its own property.

I'd love to hear the legislative history of the enabling statute that gave massive subsidies to Reedy Creek. I'll bet part of the pitch was the perception of Disney as a purveyor of high-quality G-rated entertainment. That company has become one that now tries to sexually groom the young into Prog weirdos. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and Disney should have kept its mouth shut.

Comment

Working...
                                X