No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN apparently wants ratings without being loonish. Doesn't work that way. When they tried to go more to the middle...the loons went nuts.

CNN is a joke.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I found a picture of Wiz when he was a kid...

imx6ltg0fgk71.jpg
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Most people internally and on the left believe Licht put him on in a desperate attempt to boost ratings. And was willing to grant Trump an unusual amount of conditions because of that.
        So your answer is "YES".

Comment

• Cable news is a declining business. The average age of any viewer of CNN, MSNBC, or Fox keeps rising. It's Boomer stuff. I'll put it on for background noise while I work sometimes but I'm not sitting there giving it my exclusive attention.

Comment

• I mention "Loons" and behold...CGVT shows up...it's like saying abra cadabra...or hocus pocus...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Cable news is a declining business. The average age of any viewer of CNN, MSNBC, or Fox keeps rising. It's Boomer stuff. I'll put it on for background noise while I work sometimes but I'm not sitting there giving it my exclusive attention.
              True...they are all struggling for viewers...but the loon networks are REALLY going down the shitter...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

True...they are all struggling for viewers...but the loon networks are REALLY going down the shitter...
                Maybe if they stopped playing stupid tricks, more people would watch them.

Comment

• Meanwhile if you hear reports that 60M people watched Tucker's first "show" on Twitter, that metric is completely meaningless.

If you've never used Twitter it's a little difficult to explain but as you scroll past videos, unless you have autoplay turned off, they'll start playing. If you allow just one second of the video to play before moving on that counts as a "view". Could've been a 3 hour long video, if you watch just 1 second, Twitter considers that a view. I've seen people post metrics (which paying users have access to) that shows viewer retention. They're usually terrible.

YouTube does the same thing but you have to actively click "play". Twitter starts the videos automatically unless you tell it not to. Not an Elon thing, always been that way I believe. It's view inflation to pitch to advertisers.

Comment

Meanwhile if you hear reports that 60M people watched Tucker's first "show" on Twitter, that metric is completely meaningless.

If you've never used Twitter it's a little difficult to explain but as you scroll past videos, unless you have autoplay turned off, they'll start playing. If you allow just one second of the video to play before moving on that counts as a "view". Could've been a 3 hour long video, if you watch just 1 second, Twitter considers that a view. I've seen people post metrics (which paying users have access to) that shows viewer retention. They're usually terrible.

YouTube does the same thing but you have to actively click "play". Twitter starts the videos automatically unless you tell it not to. Not an Elon thing, always been that way I believe. It's view inflation to pitch to advertisers.
                    Sounds like the same metric they use to figure unemployment rates.

Comment

• Pour one out for the Iron Sheik. RIP

Comment

• DSL:

"He'll taste the aftertaste when you come home late some night.
                        With your eyes all a mist from the smoke of a distant fire."
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz

Where do I begin to tell the story of how great a love can be?

Comment

• New theme song for the DNC...Crazy...A Suitable Case For Treatment (by Nazareth)

Feel so good for awhile
                            You don't know why
                            Cry while you lie
                            You are true, you are true, you are true
                            Save me
                            Is there nothing that I can use
                            Please believe me
                            Am I conforming to your views
                            Promise you anything
                            Watch me cryin' out to you
                            Gimme back my name
                            Let me make my statement
                            Crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy
                            Crazy, a suitable case for treatment
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• New York Mayor blames the smoky conditions and the fire on climate change...so apparently hydrocarbons have ignited the fires in Canada...

It just never ends with these fucking loons.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• CNN Survey: Viewers Lost Trust In 'Overly Dramatic' CNN (thefederalist.com)

Viewers lost trust in CNN due to its left-wing bias and histrionic Covid reporting, according to a 2022 survey commissioned by the network.

Despite collecting bogus awards for “fact-checking,” and “special achievements” for “placing a premium” on investigative reporting, the network failed to maintain the trust of the American people — to the point where its own internal survey exposed its epic shortcomings.

A partial copy of CNN’s survey was cited by Semafor’s Max Tani, who noted that the three highest causes of mistrust were “liberal bias,” the “Chris Cuomo situation,” and the network’s Covid coverage. According to Tani, the report showed respondents “across the ideological spectrum” lambasting CNN’s “dire” and “overly dramatic and sensational” reporting.

In utter detachment from the real world, legacy media toadies rewarded the untrustworthy network. CNN’s chief medical correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, who was central to the network’s Covid sensationalism and fake fact-checking, received an award for “excellence in political journalism” and was praised for “accurate information.” Meanwhile, the CNN team that reported from Chinese quarantine received an award named after a reporter murdered in the Greek Civil War.

News of the report comes as network CEO Chris Licht faces significant criticism for his response to CNN’s Covid coverage, which was aired in a feature by The Atlantic. In it, Licht — who reportedly “felt he was on a mission to restore the network’s reputation for serious journalism” — admitted CNN’s coverage began with a desire to help people in a confusing pandemic era but was ultimately driven by “ratings.” He has since apologized for his remarks, but CNN’s own survey results suggest his statements were based on public sentiment and statistics known to the company.

Outside sources confirm trust in CNN is declining. A Statista survey released a few months before Licht’s hiring last year showed only 20 percent of Americans placed “a lot” of trust in CNN — and it hasn’t improved under the new CEO. In April, YouGov found that only 13 percent of U.S. adults consider CNN “very trustworthy.”

Comment

Working...
                                X