Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Windsor Villanova Academy?)

That would be St Thomas of Villanova Wildcats from LaSalle area outside of Windsor. The WECSSA Football Tipster has them ranked at #3 in the league. One of their grads is Luke Wilson, who plays for Rice University as a TE and is considered one of their top players there.

Comment

• OK, I don't usually do this but a co-worker's son is up for player of the week in his area and he could really use the votes. If you have a minute, we would both really appreciate the help. His name is Mitch Thomas of Beechwood.

The link is here:

http://www.tristatefootball.com/player.asp

Thanks a lot! It's a close race, so every vote counts. Voting ends tomorrow morning at 9AM.

Comment

• Cool Liney that you were a ref. Sag. No. has been a powerhouse for some time now.

I'm coaching middle school football this fall and we had our first game last night. 28-10 loss. I'm running the offense this year. Oh well we scored more last night then all of last year so at least its a start. I've installed the Power-I offense this year. Our major problem is that we only have a handful of players that can actually play, so most of them go both ways. We were so tired by the 4th quarter that we just couldn't keep up, even after having the lead at halftime.

Comment

• Vote early, vote often!

Comment

• Good job Liney!
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere. Wonder if staying an extra year would have made a difference for Manny or not.

Comment

• What a precipitous fall it’s been for former NFL quarterback Vince Young. Just six years removed from being the No. 3 pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, Young is nearly broke despite pocketing $26 million from his last guaranteed contract. So how did Young nearly squander all that dough? Trey Dolezal,

Vince Young broke..
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• TOO OFTEN FORGOTTEN IN THE NFL CONCUSSION DEBATE ARE THE WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS WHO BEAR THE BURDEN OF CARING FOR SUFFERING PLAYERS—AND WATCHING THE MEN THEY LOVE SLOWLY SLIP AWAY
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• As long as coaches keep encouraging players to use their helmets as weapons, we're going to have these kinds of stories.

When the rules-makers get serious and honestly "take the head" out of football, then concussions and neck/back injuries will become less of a problem.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I still hold out hope that there will be some breakthrough in protection technology/science. In auto racing the HANS device has saved hundreds of drivers in the last 15 years. We may see bigger helmets with different protection inside but I have to think that's what football needs.
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That still probably doesn't help the brain so much. They'd be better off playing without helmets.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                          They'd be better off playing without helmets.
                          I am thinking that might be true.

Comment

• How cool is this, jumping 23 miles above the earth, breaking the speed of sound along the way!

[ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7424718n&tag=cbsnewsEnterpriseFDArea;fdleft"]Felix Baumgartner prepares for record-setting 23-mile free fall - CBS News Video[/ame]
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 8, 2012, 08:15 AM.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Is she not fond of her arms and legs?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Focus, it's about the Austrian Nut, not the VC.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF-F_YLa0vk&feature=player_detailpage"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF-F_YLa0vk&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]
                                Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 8, 2012, 10:03 AM.
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X