No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah but I'm talking about people in formal roles. Yes, each side has its nutjobs. On the right, however, some of those people are now actually in power. And weren't above leading the ``Hang that Bitch'' chant at a rally. Not shushing it from the podium or enduring it politely -- actually leading the chant.

Not to mention Trump hinting that people should assassinate potential Hillary Supreme Court nominees, or Trump asking Russia to look for Hillary's missing emails. The nutjobs are actually in charge in the GOP. Which is why we have this surge in hate crimes, the coming terrorist attacks thanks to the ban, and other things Bannon would like so he can provoke a religious war.

Comment

• Harward called the job offer a shit sandwich, which seems about right.

Comment

• This ad has been taken off Craigslist. Guess they need some people to fill in the empty gaps!!! Gonna be another great weekend of GOLF!

Comment

• This silent majority thing is just so dangerous, reminiscent of the Cubans in Miami. Dominated local politics, introduced massive corruption, and still behaved like a persecuted minority. Here, the loudest group in the country is also the most pandered to, and still somehow thinks it's not listened to. Probably because it's the most pandered to. You can't keep telling people what they want to hear and also expecting them to be rational.

Comment

• I think the Democrats should encourage Trump to hold these pressers weekly, preferably in prime time. That might result in supermajorities in both houses in 2019 for them. Next week he can ask April Ryan if she plays basketball.

Comment

• It was astonishing how fast he went down when the electoral-votes facts were presented. That was fucking great. With a guy like that I think you have to drop the instinct to add context to your coverage or your question, because it just gives him more to respond to. Recite the facts; ask for a response. Should be nothing more in the question.

Comment

• Yeah Fallows was tweeting that reporters can't ask multiparters. Inevitably he will meander and never get to the hard part. Ask the hard question first.

Comment

• I think the Ds should continue to ignore the silent majority. I'd be drop-dead shocked if DJT won a 2nd term, but then again, I can't possibly underestimate D strategic choices. For a party that fancies itself a "majority" party, they sure have done a bang-up job securing minority status at every level of government.

And in 2020 I will be unable to vote for anyone for President. Fantastic.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Don't be so dramatic. Wiz is always available as a write-in candidate.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Trump Winery wants foreign labor. Americans just won't do these jobs!

Comment

• I'd vote for The Wizard over who I think could be up in 2020. If that's not cause for dramatic panic then nothing is.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          I think the Ds should continue to ignore the silent majority. I'd be drop-dead shocked if DJT won a 2nd term, but then again, I can't possibly underestimate D strategic choices. For a party that fancies itself a "majority" party, they sure have done a bang-up job securing minority status at every level of government.

And in 2020 I will be unable to vote for anyone for President. Fantastic.
                          Silent majority? Trump lost the popular vote by 3 Million votes. Rural whites are NOT, I repaat, are NOT more important than people in urban areas, no matter how much you insist to the contrary. Of course they deserve a voice, but you are as guilty of portraying one part of America (the heavily rural, heavily whites regions) as 'real America' as anyone in this forum. JMO and I mean no offense, quite honestly, but it's how I feel. Monroe County isn't 'real America' moreso than Cuyahoga County and is less than 1/100th the size.

Comment

• It's more a historical reference, DSL. But, yes, Silent Plurality is more appropriate 45 years later. The rest of my post stands.

No offense taken, of course. I'm not sure I've ever used "Real America" like that. I'm certain I've talked about how important the Silent Plurality is to elections. The fact that HRC won the popular vote by 3 million and was hammered in the EC sort of bears that out. Or, perhpas closer to home, look at Ohio. I think a Tim Ryan message works; I think a progressive message fails. I very, very much think the Ds have made poor strategic decisions in this regard.
                            Last edited by iam416; February 16, 2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              I'd vote for The Wizard over who I think could be up in 2020. If that's not cause for dramatic panic then nothing is.
                              Think of how short the State of the Union addresses would be though.

"EFZ. STFU. hi!."

:done:

Comment

• You're not dissuading me.

Comment

Working...
                                X