No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ent:..but I'm of the opinion the right and the left really don't want freedom of thought or speech, they want to win. They want freedom of their thought and limits on conflicting beliefs. So, you may disagree.

... Entropy is nailing this discussion.
    While I can appreciate you wanting to draw a moral equivalence between the left and right, Maybe you, hack, want to list some of the ways that the right has tried to "limit conflicting beliefs". I gave three examples, (safe places, speech codes and jailing climate deniers). What exactly has the conservative side done to limit free speech or require conformity of thought or speech? No comparison at all, and certainly nothing close to equivalence.

And BTW, I don't think Amazon v. Sears is in any way an out-of-this-world example of what a market economy does in real life. It is certainly not as silly as "warlords or statism, take your choice...." or whatever you said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      https://twitter.com/kasie/status/844651923802374145

So Nunes figuratively sprinted to the White House to tell Trump what an 'anonymous source" had told Nunes. Before telling anyone else on the Committee.

Yep, all's normal here, folks.
      And the descent into a third world government continues.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Fox just reported that the "intel" Nunes was told about today isn't coming from any intelligence agency. He was told about its existence by a single unnamed individual.

Comment

• Hahaha.

What a bunch of clowns
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Even Charles K. just said that he thinks Nunes made a mistake by talking to Trump ahead of his own committee

Comment

• It is fucking nuts. It is also fucking nuts that Sessions still has his job and that Trump hasn't been yet sued for conflicts of interest. And a whole other batch of stuff going on is fucking nuts.

At least Geezer hasn't lost the ability to shock.

Comment

• The secret service has asked for an extra 60M for this year to protect the president and his family. Crazy that there isn't money to feed children or old people, but there is money to allow the president to fly to Florida while the rest of his family flies to bail.

(Don't get me started on paying millions because his wife doesn't want to sleep next to him )
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yep
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Its a bargain from her POV.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• I have no doubt about that. I'd happily pay to never see his orange ass naked.

Seems to me though, that maybe we should feed people and she can live in the White House.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Trump & his family will far outpace the Obamas in terms of travel costs and security. And Republicans bitched endlessly that Obama traveled too much.

Comment

• This article mentions in passing that Trump barely has any grasp of what's in the bill. That confirms with what Freedom Caucus people have said; that the White House pitch to them has been almost 100% political and nothing on policy. Pass this Bill becauseit will make the Republicans and Trump look good; does it matter what's in it?

Republicans could pass a deeply unpopular bill that could wreak havoc with their own voters, or turn it back and wound the president’s agenda.

Comment

• Um...wow. That escalated quickly

US Officials: Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russian govt

The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton’s campaign, US officials told CNN.

The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, US officials told CNN.

Comment

• I don't understand the logic that passing a highly unpopular bill will make you look good. They are trying to do this in reconciliation for this fiscal year so they can cut taxes later on this year in fiscal 2018 which will require a border tax/tariff to pay for it.

In my opinion they need different strategists. This has the look of a kamikaze mission to please their wealthy donors and nothing more.

Comment

• The Koch Brothers are promising at least $1M in donations to any Representative who votes 'no' on the AHCA tomorrow.

EDIT: Sorry, Republican representatives, it should be obvious
                                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 22, 2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X