• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #failingoracle
    #sad

Comment

• Crash is, IMO, dropping #conbombs!

However, it's interesting to compare coverage of yesterday to that of Gabrielle Giffords. If you recall, Sarah Palin was actually received a fair amount of blame for that. Paul Krugman blamed it on the "Climate of Hate" -- namely the toxic rhetoric from the right. The NYT Editorial board opined that it was legitimate to hold Rs accountable. Today the NYT starts off with discussing the political climate, but fails to say Progs should be held accountable and then ends with their predictable bit on gun control.

Meanwhile, conservative media that surely was appalled at hot takes re Giffords are blaming the left and their use of political violence.

Awesome stuff.
      Last edited by iam416; June 15, 2017, 09:24 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Both shooters were in layman's terms whackjobs, I'm not sure how useful it is to blame some side for a whack job acting out. It would be helpful if all rhetoric would be toned down, but it isn't likely to change these mass shootings. Yesterday's mass shooting was the 153rd of the year, which was quickly followed by the 154th in San Francisco.

This is very similar to the thinking that a Muslim ban or something similar would stop things like the pulse nightclub shootings. If all of the proposed solutions solved terrorist related shootings and political violence would still be searching for the solution for the other 98 percent if mass shootings.

Comment

• I agree.

I'm not sure how useful it is to blame some side for a whack job acting out
          I'm actually fairly sure how useful it is. So, heh, I guess I don't 100% agree with you.

Also, "mass shootings" is a weird definition. The bulk of them, I believe, are actually "normal crime"-related. Whatever the number, though, it's too many.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• #whogivesaratsarse
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• #stfu

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• #eatshitanddie

please
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• #suckadick

Comment

• AA,

As I noticed you peeking between the shrubbery recently, I thought I?d mention that I got to see a denizen of your neck of the woods in concert last week when Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were in town.

Still the greatest export of South Georgia to date IMO.

Comment

• #dontcomearoundherenomore
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• #golfclap

Comment

• #imlearningtoflybutiaintgotwingscomingdownisthehar destthing
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• what I said

"the people in entertainment and news are doing their best to feed the frenzy that led to yesterday"

I didn't know 2 signs in a cornfield qualified as entertainment.

I watched cnn and msnbc from 8-10 cst for few minutes here and there and they had guest after gues after guest after panel mesmerized on the breaking story--moeller investigates trump for obstruction of justice

the funny part of it is was in the first place when moeller was appointed was to investigate obstruction and coercion?
                            wasn't it prompted by comeys paranoia/preference to get one appointed for for just this reason?

now all of a sudden 2 networks dominate another 2 hours on the same thing that has been talked about for the last 5 months

BREAKING NEWS TRUMP BEING INVESTIGATED FOR OBSTRUCTIONB AND COERCION BY THE 11TH DIFFENT INVESTIGATION!@!!!!!!!!
                            lets have a panel of experts and talk about it for an hour. meanwhile a congressman is close to bleeding to death requiring numerous blood transfusions still not entirely control bleeding even after surgery- because somebody maybe influenced by griffin or snoop or Julius Caesar play--attempted to take fantasy and make it reality

but meanwhile

BREAKING NEWS---- THERE IS A POSSIBILITY TRUMP DID SOMETHING AND WE CAN INVESTIGATE IT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• fuckin' Trump
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Trump is the debil!
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X