X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #99luftballoons
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Love this on Kamala Harris: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...rican-politics

But there’s no question that on the strength of these hearings, she can lay claim to a style that is the future of American politics: Her combination of incivility, bullying, and victimhood makes her the perfect reflection of our current moment.
      So. Fucking. True.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The future? Did they forget the tweeter-in-chief?

Comment

• I think they're still hoping it's all a bad dream. From an article today:

President Donald Trump is an irresponsible demagogue who ought never have been elected to the office he holds — but he was, legitimately, fair and square, your favorite Muscovite conspiracy theory notwithstanding.
          Your boy Williamson still HATES DJT. Heh.

Comment

• Death by little bits of incoherent nonsense. They either don't have editors over there, or they don't think much of their readers.

Comment

• Talent. I'm surprised Ms Harris's questioning has you clutching your pearls. It was tough, but it was perfectly acceptable and commonplace. What was your issue with it?
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I don't have any problem with it, SLF. However, if someone wants to be critical of her interrupting witnesses and not letting them finish they ought not face charges of sexism, racism, mansplaining or whatever else.

She's a big girl. If she wants to be aggressive her defenders ought not snowflake out.

Comment

• They should give these Senators more time to ask questions if they don't like interruptions.

Comment

• So Her combination of incivility, bullying, and victimhood makes her the perfect reflection of our current moment is something Talent finds very true and completely unproblematic.

Comment

• They should give these Senators more time to ask questions if they don't like interruptions.
                      Lots of Senators over the course of time have been uncivil and aggressive and told to let the witness finish. Ms. Harris, however, gets the NYT to talk about "Men Interrupting Women" and then fund-raise by so dramatically promising: "The women of the United States Senate will not be silenced when seeking the truth."

It's the brilliant Prog Double Standard. Harris can be as hostile as she wants to be, but if anyone comes at here, they're racists/sexist/some -ist. It's the Prog way of avoiding debate. Tried and true, really.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/875775213350375426[/ame]

Was Trump implying Castro's scared of Trump?? Raul Castro announced he would step down after his final 'term' back in 2013. Also, he's 86

Mr. Castro, whose term will end in 2018, said he hoped to establish term limits and age caps for political offices, including the presidency.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Lots of Senators over the course of time have been uncivil and aggressive and told to let the witness finish. Ms. Harris, however, gets the NYT to talk about "Men Interrupting Women" and then fund-raise by so dramatically promising: "The women of the United States Senate will not be silenced when seeking the truth."

It's the brilliant Prog Double Standard. Harris can be as hostile as she wants to be, but if anyone comes at here, they're racists/sexist/some -ist. It's the Prog way of avoiding debate. Tried and true, really.
                          If you say so, I didn't find it to be all that hostile though.

Comment

• Talent doesn't think it's a problem though. So he thought it was worth bringing up here for discussion.

Comment

• I agree. Sessions wasn't answering her questions and she demanded he did. I thought Markely was much much worse and didn't get shushed.

I don't like to attribute motivations to people and won't here. I do find it odd that women are treated differently than men, like Markley and Harris were treated differently. There are a number of reasons for that I imagine, but it's pretty undeniable to me. I am also pretty certain that you don't see that. I don't blame you, but I would ask you to ask yourself, why professional women almost universally experience this as true if it is not?
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Former Trump spokesman called her hysterical on CNN, the questions were definitely not hysterical.

Comment

Working...
                                X