Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
    Disney is going to pull its content from Netflix in favor of its own streaming service, and do some of the same for ESPN.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/08/disn...-services.html

Some of this was inevitable given how much money Netflix is making, but the long-term effects that this content-splintering will have on pricing is concerning IMO. People complain about their cable bill now and want ala carte...but that's not the direction its headed. Instead your current content is going to be split into separate streams for $10-$20/mo each.

And then the cable companies will transfer their fading profit margin on TV packages to their ISP divisions, and move to by-MB usage fee.
    Yeah, it's a shame. There's a new Star Trek series coming out and it's supposedly only available on CBS' internet pay platform.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I saw that...I didn't even know CBS had such a platform.

Seems like a desperate gamble, and unfortunate. Maybe Netflix will buy it.

Comment

• shaddup
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Shut it, or I will fart in your general direction.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Illinois is a foreshadowing of what's in store for the United States. If only Galt's Gulch were a real place.

Over 3,000 millionaires have fled Chicago in recent months.
            This is the largest outflow of wealthy people from any US city right now. It?s also one of the largest outflows of wealthy people in the world.
            But it?s not just millionaires? Every five minutes someone leaves Illinois.
            In a recent poll, 47% of people in Illinois said they want to leave the state. Over the last decade, more than half a million people have done just that.
            This is the largest outflow of people from any state in the country.
            The people who leave are generally better educated, more skilled, and earn more money than those who stay.

Illinois is bleeding productive people. Illinois is the most financially distressed state in the US. Every month, it spends $600 million more than it takes in. It?s now $15 billion behind on its bills and counting.
            In response, the state just passed a 32% income tax hike.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Yeah Chicago is doomed.

Comment

• it is indeed. This is the inevitable outcome of Democrat rule. The productive elements of society simply move to another state. This could well have been Michigan had not Detroit dropped below one million in population.

Hey, CGVT, better get a move on, there are only 24 tents available in Quebec.

Canadians soldiers are being deployed to St-Bernard-de-Lacolle to erect tents for asylum seekers attempting to enter Canada from the United States.

Comment

• How old are you, Geezer?

It's time.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Many parts of rural Illinois are losing population far faster than the city of Chicago is.

Comment

• THANKS OBAMA

Comment

• Kansas is a model for the nation.

Wingfan, you really need to stop reading that shit so uncritically.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          it is indeed. This is the inevitable outcome of Democrat rule. The productive elements of society simply move to another state. This could well have been Michigan had not Detroit dropped below one million in population.

Hey, CGVT, better get a move on, there are only 24 tents available in Quebec.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/troops-se...kers-1.3538567
                          Yeah it is really doomed. Just walk around the city of Chicago and you'll see, it has some of "those people".

Comment

• The city??!!!?? Noooooooo

Comment

• Chicago metro population is 9,500,000.

Comment

• I know it doesn't measure up to Grand Rapids in Da Geezer's eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X