No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can learn it from your parents or your peers, but it's still learned behavior. That reads like a much inferior link. Rushed-out trend story.

Comment

• From this perspective, the real problem in America is not so much racism as it is race consciousness. (Indeed, to any non-American, the most oppressive feature of intercultural relations in America is not that people are racist, but just that they talk and think incessantly about race, even worse than the way the English talk and think incessantly about class.) And yet this feature of American culture seems to be one that everyone, white and black, conservative and liberal, is involved in a giant conspiracy to sustain and reinforce. This is because most Americans who are progressive on the subject believe that racism must be overcome directly, and that this can only be done by increasing sensitivity and awareness of racial difference. A lot of progressive black politics has done the same, by rejecting the older ideal of a “colour-blind” society and insisting upon the recognition and affirmation of a positive black identity. This winds up being an inadvertent recipe for the reproduction of racism. Even though the intention is to create a positive group identity, its dominant effect is to make race salient as a basis of group identity, which means that it will also, inevitably, become a locus of negative valuation for some.
      Quoted for truth. Thank you, Whodean. The article also offers an glimpse into the power that Bernie can have *if* he "reclassifies" things in terms of working poor and undeserved rich. That's a powerful, powerful political tool, IMO. Unfortunately or fortunately, the progs won't ever stop yammering about every conceivable less (un) important difference and focus on the difference that most directly affects quality of life and outcomes.

Now, the WaPo nonsense is nonsense re the dreaded "implicit" bias. But, it does sort of assbackwards hit on something -- the younger generations may start to push back against our oppressively PC culture. I mean, youth rebels.
      Last edited by iam416; August 23, 2017, 07:37 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• wonder if Robert lee will change his name now that he lost his gig for sept 2.

et tu AA? I find your name offensive. I find you extremely ugly. you emit a foul and unpleasant odor. I loathe you. I'd root for the Seminoles but I'd be labeled anti native American with this crowd

had to google infowars to see what it was

much more interested on who I should draft first next week--if OBJ sits out any time--if bell ever signs and whether Elliot gets the full suspension

Ive heard the reason trump wants this obamacare issue settled is to free up enough money for his tax plan. you know the kind of issues that affect working americans instead of what the 10,000 or so extremists are up to along with the 24/7 media exposure they get.

guess they have to find something since that 6 months spend on Russian collusion doesn't seem to be working out

and have we really gotten to the point that transgender discussion should occur for kids who barely know their ABC's--
        Rocklin Academy school board grilled by parents over controversial incident involving transgender discussions inside a kindergarten class

and you wonder why mainstream America has taken a swing to the right
        Last edited by crashcourse; August 23, 2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• SMMFH at transgender in kindergarten.

Comment

• The 1950s called...it wants its “Mainstream America” back. And a renewal for I Love Lucy.

Comment

• Or the 2000s. But, yeah, take issue with transgender talk in kindergarten and the Wrath of the House of Hoss will reign down on you!

Comment

• Trump predicting he will leave NAFTA and promising to shut down the govt if he doesn't get WALL funding is exactly what the stock market wanted to hear

Comment

• Surely you're not going to judge Trump by the markets.

Comment

• Just more empty words.

Comment

• I think someone in an F150 must have cut of hoss earlier this week
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Or the 2000s. But, yeah, take issue with transgender talk in kindergarten and the Wrath of the House of Hoss will reign down on you!
                        Oh, I think its dumb; they are kindergarteners for pete's sake. Just not quite so dumb as tying it to the condition of "mainstream America". Whatever that it is. Especially when there is evidence to the opposite...like right in the article.

But as we know, the great threat of our time is PROG THOUGHT!!!! so we must never relent with the anecdotes and expansive interpretation.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          I think someone in an F150 must have cut of hoss earlier this week
                          It was a white transgender crossover SUV as a point of fact.

Comment

• hoss.. if you have something to announce, we are all here to support you.

and drive faster next time, and I won't cut you off...
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Surely you're not going to judge Trump by the markets.
                                Nah, just pointing out that that these two 'promises' of his are going to harm the economy if they actually come to pass.

But saying it in front of one of his staged mobs is different than doing it, granted.

Comment

Working...
                                X