No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our jobs are being stolen? Whose jobs?

I see a lot of people without any skills believing they should be earning $20/hr for doing grunt work that anyone can be taught to do in a few days.

Learn a valuable trade, a real skill that is in demand and you won't have much issue getting a job. But these people would rather blame the government, the Mexicans, Obama, anyone but themselves for why they can't get a job.

Comment

• Yeah, I think it makes good sense to re-do DACA (and immigration policy in general) to focus on trained and skilled workers ala our beloved neighbors to the north. As it relates to DACA, I think you get a pass if you're gainfully employed or moving in that direction via education (I believe, contrary to the politics of it all, most of the "dreamers" are over 18 by now).
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
        Puerto rico is going to get hammered

I understand the angst of the daca folks but remember its another million who cant pay for themselves

would you rather pay for the daca illegals or the east Texan rebuild or the the 100 million 18-65ers already receiving entitlements

more takers then givers in this country

unless you want to turn into greece
        Sorry, but this is a good example of the incoherent anti-immigrant argument. So they are simultaneously stealing good jobs from more deserving native-born Americans while also being deadbeats and mooching off the government?

Talent- If Sessions/Bannon/Miller get their way, there will be no exceptions. MAYBE if you're a military member. Probably it. I don't know if Trump will ultimately come down on that side, but they will be pressuring him and members of Congress relentlessly. They want them ALL gone and future immigration restricted dramatically.

Comment

• This is simple: in all of human history, people without jobs pick up and move to where the jobs are.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            This is simple: in all of human history, people without jobs pick up and move to where the jobs are.
            Rural white people shouldn't have to do that, hack. THEY ARE AMERICANS. Bring jobs TO THEM. Also they want union wages but not have to join a union, cuz that's communism.

Comment

• Ah, the evil white folks.

Comment

• fuckin' crackers
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Ah, the evil white folks.
                  It's overhwlemingly rural and small-city America where good paying jobs are harder to come by. They aren't in places like Columbus, Indianapolis, New York City, Washington DC, etc. etc.. The people who live in rural and smalltown America, except for the Deep South, are overwhelmingly white. So yeah, you don't want to leave behind your beloved hometown of East Liverpool to find work because you deserve a good job and to live the same place your whole life? That's as great a sense of entitlement as exists anywhere in America.

Comment

Ah, the evil white folks.
                    Is he wrong?

Comment

• Well, Irama has become the strongest Hurricane to enter the Caribbean basin on record. Winds are being clocked at 180mph. Places that you see commercials of beautiful people relaxing on the sand near crystal clear blue water are going to get wiped out starting tonight. These Islands include:

Antigua, Barbuda, Anguilla, Montserrat, St Kitts and Nevis.

Saba, St Eustatius and Sint Maarten

Saint Martin and Saint Barthelemy

The British Virgin Islands

The US Virgin Islands

Puerto Rico, Vieques and Culebra

The storm will hit PR Thursday/Friday. There is nothing slowing this storm. Conditions are ideal for it to remain a killer. The only thing that decreases wind speeds is eye wall replacement and then the storm has to rebuild that.

Looking forward, not much is changed from what I wrote this AM. There is still some uncertainty of what Irma will do once it gets closer to Hispaniol and Cuba. Hoping for some land interaction to decrease Irma's intensity, continued WNW track and a turn N after 85W (would take the storm away from the FL Peninsula but it's hard to wish that on Gulf Coast residents.

We're in the end stages of preparing our property in Fort Lauderdale for a direct hit by Irma as a Cat 5 storm Sunday/Monday. My step-son who is down there now is doing the work and will pack-up and leave tomorrow late morning. I'd say there is a 50% chance that there will be an evacuation order issued by state authorities for specific counters and the one I have a home in (Broward) will be one of them. So taking steps now to leave to avoid the massive traffic jam that will come after the order issued.

I mentioned earlier that when Andrew hit Homestead FL 25y ago, it leveled that city with 156mph winds. So, if Irma makes landfall in South Florida with wind speeds above that, damage will be massive. There will be a storm surge of historic proportions and flooding that will approach that of Harvey.

On the positive side, I'm well insured and the entirety of Homestead (except the big AF base that was there - it was abandoned) has been rebuilt and it didn't take that long. People are resilient. Pretty sure we'll see all those places I listed above do the same. Wishing all of them the best. All we have to do now is watch and wait then pick up whatever pieces are left.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Trump was for DACA before he was against it...before he was counting on a radical nationalist movement to keep him in power. Here Trump disputes the idea that immigrants were stealing jobs that Americans desired.

[ame]https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/905114896060305408[/ame]

Comment

• It's overhwlemingly rural and small-city America where good paying jobs are harder to come by. They aren't in places like Columbus, Indianapolis, New York City, Washington DC, etc. etc.. The people who live in rural and smalltown America, except for the Deep South, are overwhelmingly white. So yeah, you don't want to leave behind your beloved hometown of East Liverpool to find work because you deserve a good job and to live the same place your whole life? That's as great a sense of entitlement as exists anywhere in America.
                          So, if this is correct, then White Folks must be in poverty at far greater rates than other races and so forth. Either that or, you know, poverty sort of comes in all places. And perhaps those black people who insist on staying on the shitass south side of Chicago get what they deserve. Right?

Is he wrong?
                          No for you to affirm your Prog credentials with me, man. I know how you roll.

Comment

• What's the plan for these people in Congress doesn't act in this 6 month window? Are they going to round them up?

Not that it matters but this is something Trump has done a 180 on, he said they don't have worry in April.

Comment

So, if this is correct, then White Folks must be in poverty at far greater rates than other races and so forth. Either that or, you know, poverty sort of comes in all places. And perhaps those black people who insist on staying on the shitass south side of Chicago get what they deserve. Right?

No for you to affirm your Prog credentials with me, man. I know how you roll.
                              For someone who relishes mocking 'identity groups' such as BLM and treating them as if they have no legitimate grievances, or simply mocking college kids in general, you sure do get prickly and defensive when rural whites are brought up.

Comment

• There's a difference between being a bus ride away from a job and a plane ride away, and talent knows that. But some people exist and are lefties, and therefore talent must respond only to extreme versions of reasonable statements.

I'm sure it makes sense to somebody other than talent. Would be great if we could get that person to explain it to the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X