No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title IX is a classic example of a pendulum swing way too far. You are truly guilty until you prove your innocence and the definition of rape is so warped that it is unrecognizable.

The article details one and I know of one where two young folks go out drinking, they both get drunk, go back to her place, and the drunk girl admits to being the initiator of a sexual act on the drunk boy, but she has a bit of buyer's remorse a few days later and files against him.

He was kicked out of school even though the local DA (of course) wouldn't pursue charges.

It's a horrible law.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think the article also touches on the USC kicker who has been expelled. That case is preposterous. Fucking preposterous. In that case, the charges were brought by a third party, the girlfriend swears up and down they were playing around and the University disbelieves her testimony because of some sort of "battered girlfriend syndrome" nonsense. And their entire fucking operating principle is to BELIEVE THE ACCUSER!

Oh well. Obama did the damage. A lot of schools won't go back even though it has to cost them millions. But still, I keep my fingers crossed for something good to come from this trainwreck presidency, and this is a spot where it can actually happen.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, it's morphed into a very shitty law.

Look, if we want to make sure that men and women get the same number of athletic grants, fine. Knock yourself out (I don't really agree, but I'm not gonna die on that hill), but the sexual assault stuff is shockingly broken.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I actually love Title IX and its intended purpose. I'd actually come close to dying on the hill to defend it, or at least hunkering down behind a stone wall at Fredericksburg.

But the preposterous fucking executive agency overreach in play now is shitting on an otherwise noble and nobly effective law.

Up until 1998 there wasn't a private cause of action against schools under Title IX for student-student harassment. The Supreme Court changed that and said such a cause of action can lie if the school:

is deliberately indifferent to sexual harassment, of which the recipient has actual knowledge, and that harassment is so severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive that it can be said to deprive the victims of access to the educational opportunities or benefits provided by the school
          I actually don't have a problem with that language. I mean, if the school is THAT WILLFUL then ok. Obama's OCR built on that language to more or less get to the Dear Colleague standards we have now -- that is they'll find institutional Title IX violations if you aren't redressing problems as specified in the letter.

Cynically, I think the motive behind the remarkable shift was to pump up their fraudulent 1 in 5 stat. Obama's OWN Justice Department found it was more like 3 in 500 AND on-campus is safer than the real world (https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5176).
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            I think the article also touches on the USC kicker who has been expelled. That case is preposterous. Fucking preposterous. In that case, the charges were brought by a third party, the girlfriend swears up and down they were playing around and the University disbelieves her testimony because of some sort of "battered girlfriend syndrome" nonsense. And their entire fucking operating principle is to BELIEVE THE ACCUSER!

Oh well. Obama did the damage. A lot of schools won't go back even though it has to cost them millions. But still, I keep my fingers crossed for something good to come from this trainwreck presidency, and this is a spot where it can actually happen.
            Lay off USC...they have a blind backup long snapper...they have made amends.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
              froot still naively believes anytime someone points out the flaws or hypocrisy in a D that makes Trump their guy... You have to be either for or against in his simple world. Even if you didn't vote for him, he's "your guy".
              Ftr, I have no problem pointing out flaws and hypocrisy with Clinton. I can give you a many examples off the top of my head. But, that clip isn't an example of hypocrisy on DACA. It's like saying folks against murder are hypocrites because they are ok with war. But you dismiss that as "partisanship". It's ridiculousness dressed up as "independence"
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• drop janikowski he's on IR done for year

cant do anything about this week because Oakland already played

I'd take janikowski's backup--he looked pretty good yesterday
                Thanks Crash, that's what im going to do. Cant today, im guessing I have to wait till MNF is over and do it tomorrow. Obviously my first year playing, still learning the ropes. I can still win my game tonight though, should be close.

Comment

• Current loop the loop track for Jose leaves the Mid-Atlantic in some trouble

Comment

• Can't we build a wall to keep Jos? out?
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• How Irma changed the Caribbean...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/billkristol/status/907246343948824576[/ame]

DT's comments after 9/11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Still just boggles the mind.

Comment

• I hate Trump, but that is a out of context cheap shot edited comment.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• CGVT, your response just goes to show its more important who says something than what was said.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                                CGVT, your response just goes to show its more important who says something than what was said.
                                Did I miss something? I'm not quite sure of what you mean.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X