Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    I hate Trump, but that is a out of context cheap shot edited comment.
    His full comments, straight from the horse's mouth prior to the campaign are just as moronic, regarding 9/11.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      How Irma changed the Caribbean...

https://twitter.com/i/moments/907354178363719680
      I've been to most of the BVI, USVI more than once. This is a tragedy of historic precedence and we still don't know or understand the extent of the destruction.

I'll say this. Human's in general are resilient. What these Caribbean nations need is the support of their supporting nations treasuries (UK, France, Netherlands and the US) to rebuild and they will. Hopefully with private and public contributions to do so.

The big cruise lines, in particular Carnival and to a smaller extent Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise lines have poured millions into developing port facilities to enhance profits in these Caribbean ports. They have been profitable investments. It will be interesting to see how these big companies contribute to rebuilding. I'll be watching. Is there an altruistic or simply a profit motivating force behind development? I hope they'll pitch in. I think they will. NCL has already announced plans to do so.

Richard Branson (of Virgin Holdings) is a billionaire who has been generous to the British Virgin Islands. He bought Necker Island several years ago, a small island off North Sound on the BVI island of Tortola. There was a good deal of resistance from locals of his development of that Island. Instead of being an ass about it, he contributed to the government of Tortola's efforts to preserve parks and green space. His Island dwelling is a public space. If you take a boat to his Island, if he is there, he comes down and welcomes you to give you a tour of his place. If he is not there, someone else will welcome you and do the same. His property, by his report was completely destroyed; he survived by taking his family to his wine cellar. His announced plan is to rebuild. He'll also contribute to the rebuilding of Tortola. In time, the whole of Tortola, a huge sailboat chartering mecca, is going to be rebuilt better than it was.

We have friends who live in St. Martin, on the French side. We know the Island has been destroyed along with the adjacent but smaller Island of St. Barts. I don't know much about the politics there but it is a huge tourist destination, Europeans in particular flock there in August. The French and the Dutch governments have interests there. My sense is that this Island, a tourist mecca, will be rebuilt better than it was.
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 11, 2017, 07:11 PM.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• A bluegrass band called "Iron Horse" from Alabama that has gained some notoriety cover Metallica's Enter Sandman.

If you like bluegrass and Metallica, you'll like this. If you don't, don't click, you will hate it and post something like "sounds like someone is torturing a cat" or whatever.

[ame]https://youtu.be/3c7bISLhVl8[/ame]
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I like bluegrass.

Comment

• I like most all genres and sub-genres. Some more than others (west cost rap >>> east coast rap; Italian opera >>> German opera, etc).

About the only thing I really hate is Norwegian Death Metal and variants.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You are one weird mofo

xoxoxo

stfu
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Cool

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I was just trying to tell you something about Metallica. I don't disagree though that Italian opera is to German opera what West Coast rap is to East Coast rap. I'll let you know when I know enough to disagree. Will do my best.

Comment

• Not bad. I'll stay take the Gourds doing Gin and Juice in the bluegrass-ish cover sub-sub-sub-genre.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hey that's my favorite rap song! Also excellent is this cover of Ice Ice Baby: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVBKJWlmt8"]BK Baby -- Ben Kweller - YouTube[/ame].

Comment

• There are no good covers of Ice Ice Baby.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah, The Gourds do some fun covers.

Comment

• That is my FAVORITE cover of Ice Ice Baby.

Comment

• Heh. I like that.

I'll give one more pitch on behalf of The Gourds--it may be my favorite cover ever in the way it re-imagines a song so well. I mean, sure, Johnny Cash, Cowboy Junkies, Jimi Hendrix...blah, blah, blah...GOURDS 4 LIFE YO!

Another puzzling twist of quality in this thread.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                That is my FAVORITE cover of Ice Ice Baby.
                                Revised.

F+

Comment

Working...
                                X