Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
    There are no good covers of Ice Ice Baby.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Seconded. Horrible.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Vanilla Ice flips houses and has his own show now.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's so sad that you know that....
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I watch HGTV.

CHIP AND JOANNA 4 EVER, BITCHEZ!
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• So apparently China is serious about establishing a sphere of influence right in our own backyard, in Haiti. Link. Chinese soft power is growing worldwide as Trump seeks to accelerate the pace at which US soft power shrinks. Culmination of years of irrational hatred of foreign aid. The 1% of the budget comes back to you in so many more ways, including increased profits for your multinationals, but since we have invested so much in the idea that the only good things are commercialized things, that's a tough concept, and a loss of power as a result. Drumbeat getting louder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

We're in the end stages of preparing our property in Fort Lauderdale for a direct hit by Irma as a Cat 5 storm Sunday/Monday. My step-son who is down there now is doing the work and will pack-up and leave tomorrow late morning. I'd say there is a 50% chance that there will be an evacuation order issued by state authorities for specific counters and the one I have a home in (Broward) will be one of them. So taking steps now to leave to avoid the massive traffic jam that will come after the order issued.
              How did your property fare, Jeff.

I have reports on my house in St Simons Island. Even though there was extensive flooding on the island, apparently my house stayed dry (report from a neighbor that stayed through the storm)

My mother-in-law owns two houses on the island. The one nearest to the beach seems to have been spared. Not sure about the one she has that is further inland. They are not letting people back onto the island until late Wednesday at the earliest.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Ted Cruz last night...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                  His full comments, straight from the horse's mouth prior to the campaign are just as moronic, regarding 9/11.

Agree. You don't focus on yourself or your towers at that point. That would be the civil thing to do. And if someone asks you about it, you talk about something else or say it not appropriate

Jmo

Comment

• The difference between being a leftist (progressive in the US) and a liberal:

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      How did your property fare, Jeff........
                      House is fine. Had some fence damage from the winds. No flooding. Power came back on Monday evening which I consider pretty amazing. Seems like sustained winds of around 70 with gust to 90 were recorded at FLL. There's quite a bit of damage to facilities there being reported. As of this morning, the airport was going to re-open at 3pm with limited flight operations. I think that is way optimistic.

Miami had a good deal of flooding downtown and a bit more wind damage to large buildings. The flooding is improving quickly. MIA was going to open at noon. Haven't checked to see if it had actually opened. Now, on to clean-up.

Spoke with a woman today whose daughter and husband stayed in Key West. The husband works for the Marriot there. The hotel made accommodations available for all their employees who stayed. The wife works at a resort there. They did the same thing. Mom said duaghter reported the winds we're frightening but they felt so well protected inside the hotels that, per code, had been hardened to withstand 145mph. Key west recorded 115 knots sustained, gust to 130 for about 2h. The lower end of a Cat 4/upper Cat 3. They were fortunate as Key West did not encounter the right upper quadrant eye wall.

There is no power, no running water and no medical services there in Key West. The best story is that criminal activity such as looting is non-existent. Key Westers are a very tight nit community that support each other. They'll rebuild quickly. Also, stories abound of restaurants running generators and cooking free food, stores giving away free cases of water 'till it's gone, folks helping folks .... nice to hear that.

Not the case in the Caribbean Islands as far as reports I'm hearing are concerned. We have friends in St. Martin. Reports there indicate rampant looting is occurring and home break-ins are occurring on the regular. Lot's of haves and have nots on this particular Island. So, this is not unexpected. The boldness of it is though. On Sunday, there wer reports tha the French and the Dutch had sent military assistance to keep order but the ships carrying the troops could not land. Hope that has panned out and alternate means to get men and supplies ashore have materialized.

Also, Marathon in the FL keys, which I did hear took a beating was completely under 8-15' of water for a time. There is High School there where residents took shelter that took on about 4 feet of it. We have friends who evaced to Miami to stay with family there that live in a second floor apartment in Marathon. They told us that water had entered the place ..... .that means > 12' of water flooded the area they are in. Most of the single story homes nearby would have been completely under water or nearly so. We also have another couple we know that have a double wide in Marathon ..... it's gone!
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I don't think there was much chance of looting in Key West. Its pretty far removed from the urban populations that tend to supply that activity, and the land values in-between prevent more than the bare-minimum population of hourly/labor types that might be tempted to engage in it from being present.

Terrible to hear that about Marathon. Logistically, that will make life tougher for the folks south/west of it as well...Marathon was the retail hub.

Comment

• Just checked ..... both MIA and FLL are open but neither is fully operational. They should ramp up to full schedules by Thursday at the latest.

Also of note, evacuees are now streaming down I75 and I95 from the north to return to their mostly S. FL area homes. Some 3 million actually evacuated. One cannot yet drive down to the keys. US 1/Dixie Hwy is blocked just S of Florida City (NE side of the Everglades)
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Footage of the mid-Keys during and after Irma, as well as some other places. Bahia Honda Park was a spot we stopped at back in June that is shown here.

http://www.stormchasingvideo.com/

Comment

• Hoss... amazing destruction

Comment

• IIRC, the water is close on the opposite side of the road in some of those places where you are seeing those boats...they traversed some distance to get there.
                                Last edited by Wild Hoss; September 12, 2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X