No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance requires (or wants) a profit. Medicare and Medicaid does not. I'm unaware if resources at the gov't are more efficient than private insurance, but there is certainly a profit expectation that Medicare or Medicaid does not require.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      I think rather than choosing half our Nebraska posters to wipe out, it would be more fair to wipe out only half of each one of them.

Which half of wiz would you wipe out? His bottom half is only good for creating girls and his top half can only produce 4 word sentences without immense strain...
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Shut the fuck up
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• :::fart noise:::
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Everything below the left knee, certainly, but save for the foot -- those can get a bit pungent. We'd need his head intact, because it contains the magic eight-ball that generates his three types of posts. I'm not sure what other parts rise to any level of marginal superiority over the rest, so I'm open to ideas otherwise.

Comment

• The remarkable thing about the debt ceiling /Harvey agreement was how big of a deal was how much stink was made for two things that should have been done with no fanfare whatsoever. Get rid of the debt ceiling.

On the single payer, I have no opinion on it, it's not my hill to die on but as an electioneering tactic it might work. Trump ran on protecting entitlements and improving the ACA for cheaper so early nobody much cares about the details. There is an audience for that. He might have really cleaned Hillary Clinton's clock if he toned down the gaffes and insults in the general. There is no reason why only one side needs to be tethered to policy details. Give the people what they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Froot, did you see that the Cdns fired the engineer heading the Gordie Howe project? http://windsorstar.com/news/local-ne...oved-from-post. I still think the Cdn position is that you can't spend $2bn on land-prep and a highway connecting the 401 to your new bridge's position and then walk away from the whole thing, and that unless Moroun is a lot richer than Forbes thinks, which is $1.5bn, he lacks the cash to finance his bridge himself, even if he can manage the regulatory hurdles, which remain huge. And unless the Gordie Howe is formally killed, nobody's going to finance Moroun anyways. No shortage of infrastructure projects to finance where there's exclusive rights.
                I did not see that, it is an interesting twist. It would be disappointing if this is a sign of the Trudeau government getting cold feet, but if they are it makes the permit surprise more understandable.

Comment

• The conditions on the permit still seem to me like a polite way to say fuck off, so I don't know that it's a sign of cold feet, but it's certainly not smooth sailing there. If they fail they'll have blown $2bn for nothing and have a highway to nowhere as a constant reminder of the Liberal Party. Not that Windsor votes liberal anyways, but it would be a big embarrassment.

Comment

• So, I'm at a bar drinking. ELO's "Mr. Blue Sky" came on. Now, songs from that era are in my wheelhouse, and I'm tapping my fingers to the tune and watching the mercifully silenced Braves-Nats game on the TV behind the bar.

Anyway, guy next to me says, "Ugh. Hate the Beatles." I reply, "I see how you think that. Sounds like a Beatles' tune, but that's ELO's Mr. Blue Sky."

"Nope," he said. "that's the Beatles. It's friggin' OBVIOUS."

Anyway, a bet was made for $100. After SoundHound and Google confirmed, he paid his tab, said he had to get some money out of his car, but instead of getting money, he left. The SOB stiffed me! The thing is, I wasn't even gonna take his money. I was gonna be gracious and let him just buy me a drink. He robbed me of intended magnanimity. It pisses me off.

Why am I telling you about this here? I think I have drank too much and I can't shut up.
                    Last edited by AlabamAlum; September 13, 2017, 07:37 PM.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Jeff Lynne!
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Correct.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Good story, AA. I never was much of an ELO fan. Not a hater, but I don't think I ever owned any of their albums...
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/aQUlA8Hcv4s[/ame]

Comment

• ELO was great until they put out that Kilroy album with Mr. Roboto

Comment

• Now I Can't Get It Out of My Head
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X