Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    He can't win a libel suit because it's true, the access Hollywood tape was not locker room talk, it was was a confessional. For MAGAS that was a feature, not a bug, they loaded up on the tic-tacs.
    lololol

Comment

• Comment

• Serious question Kapture. Why on earth would you base your vote on Dr. Strangeloves smugness? Fucking over your fellow Americans is a positive? How does that help you or the Country?
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• The ones who might get screwed over are not from real America, so it's ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            Serious question Kapture. Why on earth would you base your vote on Dr. Strangeloves smugness? Fucking over your fellow Americans is a positive? How does that help you or the Country?
            His feelings describe, I feel, a significant portion of the Trump core base.

Policy is largely irrelevant. Whatever Trump supports, they'll support. They just want to WIN and do whatever makes liberals cry. That's their primary motivation. This doesn't represent a majority of Trump voters but enough to swing elections.

Comment

• Don't forget their hate for all things Obama
              Last edited by CGVT; October 21, 2017, 11:31 AM.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                Don't forget their hate for all things Obama
                Quickest way to get Trump to do something is to say Obama was against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Right on cue, just I was saying earlier, a story drops that some Republicans are quietly looking at capping 401k contributions at only $2400. If you're planning huge tax cuts for corporations and upper-income tax brackets, and the President isn't eager to touch entitlements, you gotta find the money somewhere else.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...ear-2017-10-20

Stupid. We need more savings in the country not less...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

His feelings describe, I feel, a significant portion of the Trump core base.

Policy is largely irrelevant. Whatever Trump supports, they'll support. They just want to WIN and do whatever makes liberals cry. That's their primary motivation. This doesn't represent a majority of Trump voters but enough to swing elections.
                    you are not wrong about probably 30%

You are wrong about me though.

I don't agree with 100% of what Trump says, I don't support everything. I don't support his comments about the firing of players that don't stand for the anthem for example. I wouldn't appreciate it if 0bama commented the private companies employment practices and encouraged a boycott of, say, Chick Fil A. I don't think it is any business of the president to comment on such matters.

I am a conservative, and prior to Halloween last year I was certain I wasn't going to vote for Trump. But then I remembered my outright hatred for the democrats. If we can't unite around a president Trump, for sure one thing that binds half the country together is the hatred of the Progressives that want to fundamentally change what this country is, and which look upon us as the enemy, and hate us far more.

The question is how does that help the country, but I find it odd coming from the side that supported the woman that called half of Americans deplorable, racist, sexist, bigots, homophobes, and islamaphobes. The right didn't start this war, we just decided to start fighting back.
                    Last edited by Kapture1; October 21, 2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Quickest way to get Trump to do something is to say Obama was against it.
                      Trump should tweet in support of gun control, I want to see the left defend the 2nd amendment for once haha.

Comment

• **yawn**
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Jeezus christ.

Comment

• Yep, and they let him vote..

Comment

• Seriously, you cant complain about elitist, snobby, uppity and be so fucking stupid.

Comment

• Well let's talk history. There have been people bitching about how 'progs' (the currently popular slur) have been ruining America and changing its 'fundamental character' since at least the 1950's. For some it goes back to the Civil War. The Jacksonian Era massively changed America as well. So right off the bat, the idea that America had static, fixed values up until maybe the 60's or 80's is wrong, if anyone believes that. Some people here act like Saul Alinsky invented cynical politics and that the Black Panthers invented the concept of racial identity.

Industrialization changed and affected American values. Immigration changed and affected American values. Religious revivalism changed and affected American values. Urbanization changed and affected American values. The discovery of evolution and genetics changed and affected American values. Computers changed and affected American values. Any of these changes is more significant than the proliferation of the phrase "happy holidays".

In the 1790 Census, only 5% of Americans lived in cities or urban areas. In 1900 it was about 40%. Today it is over 80%. People who live in cities or the suburbs tend to have different expectations from government than people who live in rural areas. Jefferson's vision for America, of self-sufficient, educated farmers enjoying their own small fiefdoms, was a dying concept even in 1800.

A lot of people don't like change, good OR bad changes. Those people tend to be conservative and have bounced between political parties over time.

Comment

Working...
                                X