No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You didn't even demand to see Trumps tax returns but, the black guy is so foreign to people he needs to show his long form birth certificate (the regular one wasn't even enough).
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
      You didn't even demand to see Trumps tax returns but, the black guy is so foreign to people he needs to show his long form birth certificate (the regular one wasn't even enough).
      I dont know, I have heard lots of people demanding to see his taxes. Madow even had her Capone's vault moment lol. People haven't shut up about them yet and i dont suspect the calls for his taxes will go away anytime soon. 2020 there will still be calls for him to release his tax returns. Maybe the you is directed at me specifically, i would ask you to show where i ever demanded to see a birth certificate.

I would point you to, again, the bio from the literacy agency, or the fact that he intentially hid years of his past that made people wonder more than the color of his skin tbh. Or the fact that the media didn't do their job in vetting him like they do with literally every other candidate (especially on the republican side). No... it has to be race. That cognitive dissonance demands that you see the president and his supporters as racist.
      Last edited by Kapture1; October 24, 2017, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Cognitive dissonance

Comment

• The birther shirt was pure racism, you have to be pretty far into the lunacy bubble to deny that.

Comment

• Damn, I forgot how easily SLF calls anyone a racists. But, that's a good tactic.

But if it's a fanatical Clinton supporter you're wanting, you'll have to track down iam416 and make him answer for his crimes.
            GFY. Heh. Of course, it's worth noting she had more votes than Obama in the 2008 primary and more votes than DJT in 2016. On a hard luck scale of 1-10 with 1 being the fact that The Wizard somehow exists despite, umm, being The Wizard and 10 being the plight of the M football team at the hands of the B10, Refs, Lady Luck and all other external forces -- HRC is about an 8.

Also, while I appreciate your sassing of kapture, his point is pretty valid. It's ok to think a news group is shit, but if you want to make a point across the massive gulf you can't possibly cite the National Review to the lefty press. I mean, aren't we seeing the same phenomenon, more or less, with Flake and Corker? MSNBC, which as far as I can tell destests Rs with a white passion, is now championing certain Rs. They're still Rs, though, but they're useful Rs now.

That all seems blindingly obvious to me. Even "fake news" can be useful. Heh.

I hope no one on this thread who is an ardent D has been touting Flake and Corker.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If Corker and Flake are interested in the GOP, they should stay and fight. If they lost in the primary to some looney MAGA, at least they fought. Dropping out to take some cushy lobbying or think tank job is not that courageous. What they said yesterday was pretty noteworthy though and should have been covered by every national outfit. It's very rare for a sitting senator to say what they are saying about their own party's president. Bit it follows a pattern, say something about Trump and vote in lockstep with him, the message is blunted.

Comment

• My lovely wife is still a D, though she is frustrated with the jetting left. But, more importantly, she hates DJT with a fervor that exceeds her hate of Notre Dame. So, she watches MSNBC to get her daily dose of confirmation hate and I am occasionally exposed to it.

Last night was one of those nights. Apparently, Flake is man of conscience and principle who can no longer remain silent (whilst all the other enablers lack the moral conviction to do so...lol). It reminded me of the thought that the left is all for sitting down and talking with the other side and reaching the reasoning, bipartisan liberal compromise. Heh.

On the right, the story is a bit different. Flake was going to be up against it in the primary and his decision not to run is more or less because he'll probably lose.

I'm sure DSL and Kapture covered all of this at some point. But, in my tradition of offering very little original thought to anything, I post this anyway. A hearty GFY to the collective audience!

Comment

• Facts are facts. It seems to me that accepting facts you agree with and rejecting those you don't agree with is intellectually dishonest at best.

Comment

• Froot:

/[Larry O'Donnell]This is another sign that the Rs are done. The fractures grow and eventually the party cleaves into 2 or 3 and have no chance against in the upcoming mid-terms and 2020. [/Larry O'Donnell]

Comment

• I don't watch MSNBC, I wouldn't know. The Flake and Corker crap is noteworthy, but not that significant. It's kind of like that Bush speech I linked to, big news for a former President to say what he is saying. Especially since Bush is a member of the GOP and has stayed silent since he left office. It deserves coverage, but he was Virginia to raise money for his friend Ed Gillespie. Gillespie is a blue blood of establishment types who has resorted to Trump style tactics of talking about how Northam is in league with MS-13. Hide the women and children!

Covering this stuff gets big ratings for those agencies much more than covering the oncoming Gypsy invasion. But none of it means anything if it all is talk, making speeches as you are going out of power influences nobody in power.
                      Last edited by froot loops; October 25, 2017, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        If Corker and Flake are interested in the GOP, they should stay and fight. If they lost in the primary to some looney MAGA, at least they fought. Dropping out to take some cushy lobbying or think tank job is not that courageous. What they said yesterday was pretty noteworthy though and should have been covered by every national outfit. It's very rare for a sitting senator to say what they are saying about their own party's president. Bit it follows a pattern, say something about Trump and vote in lockstep with him, the message is blunted.
                        Which is partly why they are no longer welcome in this GOP. They are spineless, weak, ineffective, and don't care about the American people. Their names are attached to illegal immigration and the Iran deal. Good riddance.

Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                        Facts are facts. It seems to me that accepting facts you agree with and rejecting those you don't agree with is intellectually dishonest at best.
                        It's more likely it's cognitive dissonance I was talking about. Nov 9th 2016 half of the country woke up and found that the news of the day confirmed their world view while the other half woke up and had theirs shattered. one side had to rewrite reality to make sense. How many excuses did Hillary give in her book as to why she lost? something like 47? How about she was a bad candidate. It wasn't Russia, it wasn't misogyny, it wasn't racism or a whitelash, it wasn't bigotry, it wasn't Jim Comey, it wasn't that the media wasn't on your side, or low information voters, or content farms in Macedonia, or the fault of suburban women..... I can keep going.

Mass hysteria is tricky, because it's hard to tell when you're in one. I will leave it to you to try and figure out which side is more likely experiencing cogitative dissonance over the last 11 months.
                        Last edited by Kapture1; October 25, 2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Good read on the Flake thing. I think the truth is in the middle. flake was gonna lose the primary and was thereby freed to attack the party. Speaking up when you have nothing to lose is the very definition of cowardice to me. But, at least it's something.

Comment

• The Iran deal was a much better deal than the alleged deal maker Trump could make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              The Guardian reported back in May that the DNC had paid for the Dossier. After taking over the funding from the Jeb Bush Campaign

The firing of FBI boss James Comey has raised fresh questions about possible collusion in the run-up to the 2016 US election

And as far back as February the Wash Post was already reporting that the FBi had once offered to pay Steele for his work

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.366a10f079a2
                              This is why CNN is a dumpster fire. This was, I think, a week ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                The Iran deal was a much better deal than the alleged deal maker Trump could make.
                                Unfortunately we have no way to ever know for sure (as confident as you sound). Given how bad the deal is, it wouldn't be hard to come up with a better one.

Comment

Working...
                                X