X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish you would quasi-STFU
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• voltone would have whipped out that drawing of the congressional fisticuffs had he known the anniversary was today

seemed like it was voltone

CNN and MSNBC in full meltdown last night

isn't often Pelosi comes on the air on a Monday night unless its damage control

wonder when mccabes 20 years is up--don't think he can retire before then and if he altered 302"s and theirs proof he's dead man walking

Comment

• It was DSL. Not Voltone.

And you "thumb"ed your team in the SEC thread.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• For those that haven't seen this article, it cuts right through all the complex he-said/did-she-said/did political BS surrounding Mueller's investigation of collusion and/or obstruction of justice and gets right down to the legal and practical facts of this matter.

Trump is not going to get indicted and his biggest concern and what may have prompted most of his antagonism toward the FBI collectively and particularly McCabe and Comey is ancillary discovery in Mueller's investigation of DJT's business dealings.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• ...... I thought one of the best parts of the foregoing linked article was the author's speculation about how this all turns out in the end for Trump is going to be decided by the electorate. His thinking is that that outcome is going to be based on perceptions ....... I think Trump will win that one if the economy keeps expanding.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Of course it will be decided by the electorate. I believe a sitting president is immune from criminal prosecution. And the stooges in congress will impeach, even if there is something there.

It's always been an electoral solution and any thoughts to the contrary were wishful thinking.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• House Republicans must have a pretty low opinion of the 4th Amendment too, because they just overwhelmingly voted to reauthorize and expand the FISA program. So tell me again how concerned they are that it could be abused? There's a few Freedom Caucus types that are consistent on this and Rand Paul. That's about it.
                I believe this is called section 702. It involves electronic spying on foreign nationals in the US and on electronic contacts involving foreign nationals overseas. I don't like it, and I wouldn't have voted for it.

But that is a far cry from the Democrats producing an opposition research document that relies on a foreign operative's contacts with Russians within Russia, and then having a totally politicized DOJ/FBI brain trust to somehow give this oppo research credibility and THEN to use it to get a FISA warrant to wiretap a Republican Presidential campaign. Nobody voted for that on the Republican side. The Dems seem to approve of the tactic though.

As I've said, you Progs are going to eventually have to rationalize extremely dangerous behavior by the IC as being the lesser of two evils, the other being a Trump Presidency. I understand you feel that way, so just admit it. I predict that most "normal" Dems like Talent or Entropy will take a dim view of this behavior, as every citizen should.

Comment

• Comment

• and he was the one freaking a page ago about an FBI that is partisan to one party or the other and not the rule of law

Comment

• Prog...libtard...

Is there a difference?
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                        Of course it will be decided by the electorate. I believe a sitting president is immune from criminal prosecution. And the stooges in congress will impeach, even if there is something there.

It's always been an electoral solution and any thoughts to the contrary were wishful thinking.
                        Well, I don't think it is obvious. I also don't think that the average citizen listening in on the confusing rhetoric and name calling has a clue about how this all fits together.

I'd wager there are posters here who don't either. Who cares about the players in all of this except Trump. I don't. I also don't care much for all the breathless reporting of subterfuge and evil doing; of political sabotage and all of that.

What's lost in all of this is the seriousness of the fact that the Russians interfered in the election process. Fix this. The agencies and the people running them should be held accountable. That is the Congresses job. It is the FBI's job, along with other US security agencies to find out how this happened and implement measures to insure it doesn't happen again.

Instead, the entire process of doing that has taken on a reprehensible political character. It's more important for the D's to get Trump and, in turn, the R's to undermine the D's efforts to do that.

It would be nice if the Speaker took up a position publicly, a strong position in concert with Minority leaders to stop the non-sense and get on with the more important task at hand. I'm not convinced that the Congress is doing that. Instead, it seems to me that they are facilitating the bickering and in doing that making it harder for bodies looking into the matter at hand to do their jobs.

That's what I liked about the article. It's clear and concise, primarily based on the legal aspects of the Mueller investigation and pretty much makes it clear that all of the sideshows are a waste of time.

Comment

• Comment

• "What's lost in all of this is the seriousness of the fact that the Russians interfered in the election process. Fix this. The agencies and the people running them should be held accountable. That is the Congresses job. It is the FBI's job, along with other US security agencies to find out how this happened and implement measures to insure it doesn't happen again."

the Russians bought ads and tried to hack into hillarys and anybody elses emails they could to glean information

conjecture they made up the dossirer just to fok with the dems and repubs

they really didn't give a rats ass who won as long as they could create havoc which they have.

same thing we do--infiltrate try to hack info and gather intel--done throughout the world since the first election probably

but I agree we should tighten our ship

but trump sure as hell didn't collude

but it's obvious who the fbi wanted to win who the dems wanted to win and what action was taken to stack the deck against trump

the dems took the Russian bait and are in the process of blowing themselves up

Comment

• It’s all electorate and thus all perception. And that’s why it’s reported as it is. And it’s why DJT rails the media. And why when the NYT and CNN blatantly fuck up it hurts the “case.”

There’s no criminal case there. The underlying “crime” never happened which means the “obstruction” stands on nothing. It’s politics. Just like Benghazi.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also, I can’t believe the Ds are complaining about legitimately declassifying info. Isn’t there an Oscar-nominated movie about the heroic press unilaterally declassifying information without following any process or rules? Come the fuck on.

I rather doubt the memo is at all a big deal. I am sure that the press would publish a similar memo if it tarnished DJT and get applauded for it.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X