Clear All

• lol.

God.

The Obama sorrow runs deep.

Comment

• FTR

I actually like the portait

Comment

• Thankfully, that one will reside in the National Gallery. The one for the White House will be traditional like the others. What a horrible back ground, but I like the portrait.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• 200 year old Remington has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Interesting at the end of the article, its stated that it may be a buying opportunity (in gun stocks in general) before Nov when the Dems come back.

The Remington Outdoor Co., one of the top gun manufacturers in the United States, reached a deal with creditors Monday to file for bankruptcy protection.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The email that Susan Rice sent herself in Jan 2017 about the Jan 2017 meeting in the Oval with 0bama, Biden, Yates and Comey landed Comey in a legal snafu. Comey testified under oath that he meet only twice with 0bama, once in 2015 and the other in 2016

He needs to be charges with purjury.

Comment

• Since DSL loves David French so much: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...jong-un-sister

Of course, this article takes issue with DSL's beloved North Korea, so he may disagree.

DSL:

hi!
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Since DSL loves David French so much: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...jong-un-sister

Of course, this article takes issue with DSL's beloved North Korea, so he may disagree.

DSL:

hi!
                    "While some of the news articles were more nuanced than the headlines suggested ... we can’t overlook the role of the hot take."

IOW, "I'm doing the same thing they are, but we know that if we tell you to disapprove of their version, enough of you will do so."

He's correct on most of it though. This is what happens when reporters think they're suddenly analysts. Fantasy talk here but I would like newspapers to go back to the world before the ``news analysis" piece. Daily reporters and editors don't think long enough and hard enough to be able to analyze anything. And shouldn't. Getting a clear read on the events of the day, with a few gentle reminders of the context in which they happened, is difficult enough and valuable enough. That was once a viable business model, but it is not one anymore, so the papers reached out to explore new areas, and hired a bunch of non-journo executive dreamers, and the product is a shitty overreach as a result, with a foggy understanding of what the core abilities are.

Which is all to say just fucking read the Reuters version. Reuters has very little of that toxic combo of ambition and a dead business model that the Times has. It can still be a loss leader for Thomson Reuters. For now. We'd better hope it doesn't change.

Comment

• I'm not sure that writing something several days after the fact amounts to a "hot take" -- usually that's just an opinion piece. Personally, I think the press deserves to get banged on for this. In any event, it was mostly for DSL who will surely face grave David French-North Korea internal conflict.

Unrelated, the NRO's Jay Nordlinger wrote about Myanmar today: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ohingya-people

I'm sure there are better news versions of what is happening there (some are linked therein), but I was unaware so I'm glad I took the time to read about it and some of the sourced links he provided. I have to confess, my was ignorance on this was shaming. What the fuck is wrong with people?
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That may be true, but have you considered that Nick Saban has won more national championships than all other active Div 1 football coaches... combined?

Also, 5 of the last 9. In the championship game three years straight and won 2 of those three.

Think on it.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• This is why people deeply distrust the media

Comment

• Christopher Wray's testimony before the Senate this morning is blowing up the White House's narrative on Porter. Says the FBI gave the WH a completed background check last July. That would implicate Reince Priebus in all this as well.

Comment

• Talrnt- Will check out the French piece later. Busy day

Comment

• Hey, DSL...
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X