No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instead we armed the pilots and air marshals, derp.

Comment

• CNN reported that special counsel Robert Mueller is asking questions about Trump's business dealings with Russia before the President's campaign, a potentially significant development in the investigation.

That is huge, if true. This is where they'll find why Chump regularly bends over for the Russians. Expect major push back from the Trumpanzees. Investigating his finances "is a red line not to be crossed". Whatcha hiding there orange fella?
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• one of Trump's 2020 campaign hats

brilliant.

Comment

• How much does name recognition play in an election? Would be interesting to compare vote total from the last election to the upcoming election.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Can someone finally explain to this clown that the DOJ isn't his personal legal defense team? And that the same IG he's attacking here as biased was the one who found the missing Strzok-Page texts?

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968856971075051521[/ame]

Comment

• Just so fuckin braindead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Can someone finally explain to this clown that the DOJ isn't his personal legal defense team? And that the same IG he's attacking here as biased was the one who found the missing Strzok-Page texts?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...56971075051521
                didn't Holder call himself 0bama's wingman?

I'm sure you were outraged.

Comment

• SLF:
                  It also makes clear that the right to bear arms is not as an individual but as part of a state militia
                  Talent's reply:
                  LOL. Scalia's opinion in Heller is dispositive in my book, both in terms of understanding the operative language, the prefatory language and the historical context of the prefatory language. All of which is fairly obvious.

The Constitution specifically enumerates that Congress has the power to organize the Militia. If 2nd A is construed giving operative force to the prefatory language then the Founders drafted and enacted a Right against the Federal Government that the Federal Government could disintegrate by not organizing a Militia. LOL.

Fortunately, the Constitution provides a clear process to cure artifacts of a bygone era. We've done it with income tax, suffrage, direct election of Senators, etc. The same process is available to the anti-gun folks. But, sometimes it's easier to ignore that process and let least 5 unelected, unaccountable folks legislate. I'm not a fan. YMMV.
                  It always amazes me that Progs like SLF and Millen make statements that Kapture and Talent prove to be utterly false, and yet the debate goes on. SLF claims to be a lawyer: LOL. The Progs here just want free shit, nothing more, and they want to signal virtue as a substitute for logical argumentation. Total group-think.

Millen, any potential "revolution" against the Swamp would be LED by the US military. What California is doing now with respect to illegal immigration is called "nullification", and led directly to the Civil War.

And as to guerrilla war by the South, if you read some of the diaries of members of the Confederate Congress, you will find that the general thought was that guerrilla war did not protect the plantations from destruction. These guys were firebrands when it came to speech, not so much so if it cost them actual wealth.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Just so fuckin braindead.
                    Partly ...... I'm beginning to think this administration is engaged in what we would call a disinformation campaign but what they would call shaping their message.

In the weeks following the Parkland shooting, media of all types ran stories/posts advancing various theories about the shooting and the shooter. A study of these stories by WAPO revealed that many of them originated from groups advancing their own agendas - or shaping the news to shape their particular view of how the Parkland events should be interpreted. This independent of or blatantly ignoring the facts.

I find this trend to be disturbing to say the least. It is even more disturbing that the Trump administration appears to be engaged in this kind of what I can only call disinformation. The number of obvious falsehoods upon which DJT bases his tweets on is evidence enough that he can't possibly be that stupid......maybe he actually is that stupid but I'm not convinced this isn't a well thought out campaign that Joseph Goebbels would be proud of.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 28, 2018, 11:50 AM.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                      Partly ...... I'm beginning to think this administration is engaged in what we would call a disinformation campaign but what they would call shaping their message.

In the weeks following the Parkland shooting, media of all types ran stories/posts advancing various theories about the shooting and the shooter. A study of these stories by WAPO revealed that many of them originated from groups advancing their own agendas - or shaping the news to shape their particular view of how the Parkland events should be interpreted. This independent of or blatantly ignoring the facts.

I find this trend to be disturbing to say the least. It is even more disturbing that the Trump administration appears to be engaged in this kind of what I can only call disinformation. The number of obvious falsehoods upon which DJT bases his tweets on is evidence enough that he can't possibly be that stupid......maybe he actually is that stupid but I'm not convinced this isn't a well thought out campaign that Joseph Goebbels would be proud of.
                      You're beginning to think that? Like, just now???

Comment

shaping their message like the media has been doing forever?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXL3X4UR5R0"]"Shooting a Watermelon with an AR15" - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

...but I'm not convinced this isn't a well thought out campaign that Joseph Goebbels would be proud of.
                          I think they're just gaining their sea legs when it comes to disinformation. The first year it was just buffoonish lies and deceptions, now its more refined deflection and distraction. Practice makes perfect. The mouthpieces like Baghdad Sarah have gone from drinking the Koolaid to an IV. This administration seems to be a hybrid of NoKo tyranny and the movie Idiocracy.

Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          It always amazes me that belchfires like Geezer and Kapture make statements that Millen and SLF prove to be utterly false, and yet the debate goes on. The right wing here just want free shit, like hospitals, schools, and roads without paying taxes, and they want the moral and ethical bankruptcy of their heroes as a substitute for logical argumentation. Total group-think.
                          Fixed that for you.
                          Last edited by Ghengis Jon; February 28, 2018, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Lol...

Comment

• That's a good chuckle -- needed it.

I'm beginning to fear what happens to average post length here on the board when Jeff reaches any potential conclusions about whether the administration is engaged in what we would call a disinformation campaign but what they would call shaping their message.

(Sorry, Jeff. Had to. )

Comment

• It's remarkable, IMO, that #GentryProgs attribute absolutely zero competence to PDJT and his team (close to the truth, IMO) yet somehow think he's competent enough to actively and secretly collude with a foreign power to fix the US election. What's more, in an administration rife with leaks of all sorts from all corners, they've managed to keep the smoking gun secret.

SLF claims to be a lawyer: LOL
                                SLF was more responding to the specific Federalist Paper cited.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X