Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Here's the moment where Trump suggests the old Manchin-Toomey bill should include an assault weapons ban. Look at Feinstein giggling wildly. Pence just sits there, stony-faced and stunned.

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/statu...52338898591744
    Why am i not surprised that a CNN employee would tweet out a video clip with no audio, given the number of lawmakers laughing, my guess is he was joking but why would a CNN hack be honest in any way?

Comment

• Wal-Mart just announced they're raising the minimum age to buy guns to 21

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
        Why am i not surprised that a CNN employee would tweet out a video clip with no audio, given the number of lawmakers laughing, my guess is he was joking but why would a CNN hack be honest in any way?
        He urged Patrick Tomey to include measures proposed by Diane Feinstein and Amy Klobuchar in a new Manchin-Toomey bill

Two options:

1) He's either ignorant as to what Feinstein wants inserted in the bill
        2) Or he supports her assault weapons ban

But hey, it's Trump. You'll always cover his vast ignorance with "oh he was just telling a fine joke"

And I'll remind you, he explicitly told Steve Scalise to not include anything about Concealed Carry in his gun control bill.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 28, 2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Over 30 people at the White House had their security clearances downgraded today

Comment

He urged Patrick Tomey to include measures proposed by Diane Feinstein and Amy Klobuchar in a new Manchin-Toomey bill

Two options:

1) He's either ignorant as to what Feinstein wants inserted in the bill
            2) Or he supports her assault weapons ban

But hey, it's Trump. You'll always cover his vast ignorance with "oh he was just telling a fine joke"

And I'll remind you, he explicitly told Steve Scalise to not include anything about Concealed Carry in his gun control bill.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.422c8a70a6e2
            Just watched, it's 1

He hasn't even looked at the bill yet. He told her that he would take a look at it after she told her sob story of how she became the mayor of San Francisco.

I read her last bill, i know what she has said when the first AWB passed in the 90s and have come to know Sen Feinstein as the most anti gun Senator in government and if she had her way all guns would be banned with no grandfathering. Turn them in or you are a felon. My initial guess is Trump has never dove into the issue like i have. Without reading her bill i know that it would call for the ban of some odd hundred specifically named guns as well as all semi automatic rifles that accept a detachable magazine and have one of the following: pistol grip, barrel shroud, flash hider, threaded barrell or a stock that is not fixed. As well as a ban on magizines over 10 rounds.

But i have done my homework on her.
            Last edited by Kapture1; February 28, 2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• You elected and supported a guy who has very few political convictions of his own...he mainly wants to do what will make him look good or be 'popular'. It was bound to blow back on genuine conservatives at some point.

I saw a good comment earlier that a big part of Trump's motivation here is to be able to boast that he got a gun control bill passed where Obama failed. That's probably true.

Comment

• Sounds like a good bill. It's time.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

The staff keeps changing yet the problems remain. Wonder why that is?

Now Mercedes Schlapp looks likes she's next up. The Schlapps are as swamp creature as it gets.
                  I believe in 2nd chances

Comment

You elected and supported a guy who has very few political convictions of his own...he mainly wants to do what will make him look good or be 'popular'. It was bound to blow back on genuine conservatives at some point.

I saw a good comment earlier that a big part of Trump's motivation here is to be able to boast that he got a gun control bill passed where Obama failed. That's probably true.
                    he will never sign an assault weapons ban

I dont really care about 21 age limit for AR15s

The background check system needs to be strengthened and it should be manditory for States to report to the system

So im not so sure i would get too excited, ARs aren't going anywhere and what will get done is in need of getting done, more than what 0bama was able to accomplish. Goes to show that when you take an extreme position you can never get moderate reforms accomplished, which makes Trump a more effective president than 0bama.

Comment

• Communications Director in this White House is an impossible job. He is his own Communications Director, in a sense. They're constantly lagging behind and I don't see that ever changing.

Comment

• Sessions had dinner with Rosenstein tonight and Noel Francisco, the Solicitor General of the US

A message to Trump? Might as well fire all of us?

Comment

• Someone exists named Mercedes Schlapp? Sounds like someone in The Lorax or somesuch.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                            Someone exists named Mercedes Schlapp? Sounds like someone in The Lorax or somesuch.
                            She's one of Fox's endless horde of shit commentators. Her husband (Matt) is the President of the ACU and runs CPAC. He used to work directly for the Koch Brothers. They're both longtime DC lobbyists.

As Trump ditches his New York City loyalists, most of whom are grossly unsuited for political life, he'll turn more and more to swamp creatures like the Schlapps.

Comment

• Kushner met multiple times in the WH with billionaire Josh Harris about a Administration job. He hasn't gotten one but Kushner got a nearly $200 million loan, triple the average size of loan made by Harris' company. It's also not the only time Kushner's family got a loan from a lender that Jared personally met with in the White House.

Apollo, the private equity firm, and Citigroup made large loans last year to the family real estate business of Jared Kushner, President Trump’s senior adviser.

Comment

• * Cold war between Trump and Sessions
                                * Kushner furious over Kelly downgrading his access
                                * Hope Hicks resigns
                                * Trump at odds with NRA
                                * Mueller investigating Trump's 2014-2015 business ties to Russia
                                * Kushner family companies mysteriously secured enormous loans from lenders after meeting with Jared in the White House
                                * Ben Carson accused of extravagant spending on his office furniture and retaliating against an employee who complained

So who's got a guess as to what Hannity's top story was?

Comment

Working...
                                X