No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruz went in with only 10-round magazines because larger clips would not fit in his duffel bag

This won't stop the left from including everything north of 10 rounds in their AWB bill.
    Last edited by Kapture1; March 1, 2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• I am probably going to regret asking but here goes....

Okay, Krapture what is your solution to the gun issue?

Do you want to arm teachers?
      Get rid of gun free zones?
      Should there be limits on what a citizen can purchase in regards to guns and ammo?
      Should the minimum age limit be raised to purchase guns and ammo?
      Should all the loopholes be closed in background checks?
      At what point should a person be rejected on the background check?

Should there be more funding more mental health and along those lines should the feds provide funding so there are mental health places for those that just are not in their right minds to stay?

What measures should be done (if any) to harden schools and would the feds provide funding for such measures?
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• All magazines and magazine fed weapons.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Dude, man, you must be getting those talking points directly from Jon or his various cockholsters.
          Heh.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
              I am probably going to regret asking but here goes....

Okay, Krapture what is your solution to the gun issue?

Do you want to arm teachers?
              Get rid of gun free zones?
              Should there be limits on what a citizen can purchase in regards to guns and ammo?
              Should the minimum age limit be raised to purchase guns and ammo?
              Should all the loopholes be closed in background checks?
              At what point should a person be rejected on the background check?

Should there be more funding more mental health and along those lines should the feds provide funding so there are mental health places for those that just are not in their right minds to stay?

What measures should be done (if any) to harden schools and would the feds provide funding for such measures?
              I've answered these several pages ago.

Comment

• I thought this was a very interesting read re US-Russian clash in Syria: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ation-serious/

I hadn't really heard about it, so the opening line really rang true for me:

One of the interesting aspects of the Trump era is the extent to which our political culture is obsessing over marginalia while truly significant events transpire largely out of sight and out of mind.
                The "battle" itself is interesting in the details, in particular that an oligarch allegedly pushed for and received approval to use Russian mercenaries (and Syrians) for the attack.

In any event, I didn't know the first thing about it, but I do know that Kushner's clearance got pushed back, that an AA US bobsledder was hate-barraged on twitter into removing a photo of her and Ivanka, Sessions and PDJT are feuding, some pretentious Yale a capella group is letting in a women(!) and if we could could ban semi-automatic rifles we'd stop 250 murders per year assuming no one who would commit murder would break the law to get their hands on one and that the murderers are dead set on using semi-automatic rifles only.

What a time to be alive! I need to order another dozen Preston Brooks Canes of Justice.
                Last edited by iam416; March 1, 2018, 12:26 PM.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Jon and I represent the only two moderate, sane voices in here.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    Jon and I represent the only two moderate, sane voices in here.

Ahem.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• he said sane
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          I thought this was a very interesting read re US-Russian clash in Syria: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ation-serious/

I hadn't really heard about it, so the opening line really rang true for me:

The "battle" itself is interesting in the details, in particular that an oligarch allegedly pushed for and received approval to use Russian mercenaries (and Syrians) for the attack.

In any event, I didn't know the first thing about it, but I do know that Kushner's clearance got pushed back, that an AA US bobsledder was hate-barraged on twitter into removing a photo of her and Ivanka, Sessions and PDJT are feuding, some pretentious Yale a capella group is letting in a women(!) and if we could could ban semi-automatic rifles we'd stop 250 murders per year assuming no one who would commit murder would break the law to get their hands on one and that the murderers are dead set on using semi-automatic rifles only.

What a time to be alive! I need to order another dozen Preston Brooks Canes of Justice.
                          There are two points here that are instructive:

First, the media sucks ..... oh, I already said that but qualified that characterization to only those unwilling to seek out the facts from all available resources. I worry, over the long term, of decreasing access to those resources or to increasing coverage of shit stories that drown out the important ones.

Second, Moscow has boots on the ground in Syria. That enables, along with Russia's extensive National Overhead resources, the ability to develop excellent battlefield or tactical intell. That would mean specific information on US troop strength, aviation, artillery and logistical capabilities.

That some Russian Oligarch got top level Russian approval to launch this attack seems to me to be a stretch. Attacking a heavily fortified force that has equally good intell, artillery and aviation support was fucking stupid ..... Putin is not stupid. I don't believe for one minute this was more than a poorly prepared militia of some sort, made up of Syrian, Russian mercenaries, whatever personnel, embarking upon a really stupid mission. Whoever it was got their asses kicked physically by US forces and I have no doubt in other ways by Putin or his Generals.

The larger point the author makes is vitally important though. I've posted that I consider Trump dangerous internationally. Fortunately, he's got some very smart Flag Rank officers around him at the highest levels who can tap in to some of the best brains in the military within their own services. That doesn't mean Trump can't find some way to ignore advice he's getting and do something really stupid. Given his unfitness to serve as the CINC, that should scare the shit out of every one here.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• This is a good read on Italy and the battles going on around immigration, progressives, conservatives, trust and a nation trying to keep its identity.
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Comment

• Thanks for the read, Entropy, on Italy. Politically, racially, fiscally -- that place is near the bottom of Europe and that's really saying something. Still, great place to visit!
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Working...
                                X