No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korea agrees to abandon its nuke program. That’s huge!

North Korea has agreed in principle to end its nuclear weapons programme and rejoin the international non-proliferation treaty, marking the biggest breakthrough in its three-year stand-off with the US.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• To translate the last two posts by crash and wiz for AlabamAlum into words he can understand:

(1) Crash -- "DSL played an h6 opening and Geezer crushed him" and Wiz -- "Fuck the King's Indian defense" OR

(2) Crash -- "DSL was a late November home game for Alabama" and Wiz -- "WTF is the read option?"
      Last edited by iam416; April 30, 2018, 11:15 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
        North Korea agrees to abandon its nuke program. That’s huge!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20.../20/northkorea
        South Korean President Moon Jae-in's remark follows Friday's historic summit with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, which produced an apparent breakthrough.

Trump Should Win The Nobel Peace Prize, South Korea's Moon Says
        Last edited by Kapture1; April 30, 2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• I remember when PDJT leading us to nuclear war was all the rage. Why, I recall the NYT gleefully publishing an article basking in Sen. Corker's comments about PDJT. I wouldn't have ordinarily come across it, but DSL linked it and talked about and, of course, SLF seconded.

Is that still the #hottake amongst the #GentryProgs?

Trump Should Win The Nobel Peace Prize, South Korea's Moon Says
          The US is getting played like a fiddle by the Koreas, Japan and China. This is part of the continued charade.
          Last edited by iam416; April 30, 2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• kills Talent
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I like darts. Prefer snooker, though.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Legend of Ronnie O'Sullivan....one of his many 147s, but this one was his fastest:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y03jldJNKFU"]The fastest snooker 147 in the history Ronnie O' Sullivan - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  The US is getting played like a fiddle by the Koreas, Japan and China. This is part of the continued charade.
                  the deal was done in November in secret during Trump's Korean and Asia trip. I would agree this is all for show, because peace has already been negotiated. it's a done deal.

It's called 4D chess and this is how it's played.
                  Last edited by Kapture1; April 30, 2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Heh.

We need a chess, snooker, darts, and cricket board!
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• We need a STFU Board...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Something that makes much more sense with regards to NK is something I saw in the Free Press (and I see it elsewhere as well) saying that Chinese geologists believe that the NK testing site (which is underground) collapsed after the last test. The last test registered 4 earthquakes.

Now, if that is true (and not sure why it would not be) then NK has lost the one ace they had in reserve. Their hand is much weaker and it would be in their best interest to make a show of them having a revelation so they can get something.

There is an irony here if nature makes it that NK had to abandon their nuke program. Then again we shall see, NK is saying everything right but they have said that before as well.
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• We need a chess, snooker, darts, and cricket board!
                          I'm with you on the first three, but we part ways on cricket, Cap'n Yellowhammer. First, there is a vastly superior US analog to cricket. Second, no sport that is dominated by Indians -- dot Indians, of course -- is meritorious.

Wildcat00:

hello

Comment

• Remember good old wildkitty chick from the old boards...I remember her...I did her...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The second link debunks Geezer's claim that job growth was based on employment growth in the public not private sector.

The numbers are nearly all in now. What they show about what really happened during the eight years that Barack Obama was president is sometimes different from what politicians claimed.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/04/news...ama/index.html.
                              Lies, ....damned lies...and statistics, as Churchill said. Jeff, whatever numbers two hard left sites produce can be countered by numbers from hard right sites. Remember, we are debating the measurement of GDP, and my position is that there is an enormous non-productive sector under the control of the government in all its forms. What I am asking you to do is to trust your own eyes.

Jeff, Why did Japanese and Germans, in an open auction, agree to give their governments $ 10,000 with the agreement that they would get back $ 9,300 or so after ten years? Why did Americans agree to give their government $ 10,000 for free, getting it back after ten years? These were auctions, not some sort of artificial "handed down from above" rates determined by a government. Why were people with capital willing to take less than nothing as a rate of return?

There is only one answer, and it is that real GDP was declining (by GDP I mean the sum total of goods and services in an economy). What did you see with your own eyes? I saw scores of folks reduced to 29 hours of work or less weekly because their employer couldn't afford Obamacare. Obama used to tout the jobs he was creating, and I suppose that was technically correct. A fellow in my church lost his full-time job and took three "Obama jobs" to support his family. That is a net of two jobs in the Obama Economy.

And remember the $895 Billion for TARP. "Shovel ready jobs" were the purported recipients. But Obama later admitted there were no shovel ready jobs, and most of the almost one trillion dollars went toward green energy, environmental wackos, and Democrat constituencies. The irony is that there were no shovel ready jobs BECAUSE environmentalists have made a ten-year permitting period to be the standard. Trump, quite rightly, has put his finger on this problem and is trying to reduce compliance time to two years. All of this comes under the rubric of de-regulation, but it is really a jobs program designed to facilitate those who actually produce things.

Why the negative rates during the Obama recovery, Jeff? Why do you now see plants with real jobs that a family can live on now advertising for more workers (at least in MI)? How do you explain the large number of folks who are quitting their jobs (highest in 50 years)? They are taking better jobs. Perhaps you don't see this so much in Atlanta, but I can tell you that the industrial Midwest is coming alive again. Rather than trade lies, damned lies, and statistics, look around and trust your own eyes.

Comment

• fuckin' facts
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X