No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the record and posterity, I cited GDP statistics, Unemployment, and Government Employment figures that come from official government sources. Geezer hasn't presented ANY source data whatsoever to back up his hot takes. It's based more on "gut instincts", homilies like "trust your eyes", and sensible conclusions reached after listening to Mark Levin.

Geezer's contention that Obama nudged down unemployment figures by rapidly expanding employment in do-nothing govt jobs is contradicted by the conservative thinktank AEI's own article.
    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; April 30, 2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I remember when PDJT leading us to nuclear war was all the rage. Why, I recall the NYT gleefully publishing an article basking in Sen. Corker's comments about PDJT. I wouldn't have ordinarily come across it, but DSL linked it and talked about and, of course, SLF seconded.

Is that still the #hottake amongst the #GentryProgs?

The US is getting played like a fiddle by the Koreas, Japan and China. This is part of the continued charade.
      Heh you're onboard with Kapture's #DONEDEAL 4D Express, I take it?

Comment

I remember when PDJT leading us to nuclear war was all the rage. Why, I recall the NYT gleefully publishing an article basking in Sen. Corker's comments about PDJT. I wouldn't have ordinarily come across it, but DSL linked it and talked about and, of course, SLF seconded.

Is that still the #hottake amongst the #GentryProgs?

The US is getting played like a fiddle by the Koreas, Japan and China. This is part of the continued charade.
        It?s like everything else. So long as they keep flattering the President he will be happy. If they don?t give him his binky he will melt down. So long as KJU keeps letting Trump think he?s getting a ?win? I doubt we launch nukes.

In the meantime, NoKo will join the group of nuclear powers and be welcomed into the world stage. All while KJU stays in power, threatens the rest of the world at his whim, and just brutally oppressed his people.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Trump's been railing against Jon Tester because, hey, that's politics: try to make lemonade out of a failed Cabinet nomination.

However, someone at the White House needs to call up Johnny Isakson, the Republican Chair of the VA Committee, and chew him out. Cuz he says Tester did nothing wrong and the Jackson allegations were handled right.

BTW, despite Trump insisting Jackson is an innocent man deeply wronged, they havne't given him his job back. In fact, he's not even been allowed to return to the WH medical staff. And now this story is breaking. Mike Pence's doctor raised alarms about Jackson and confronted him after he supposedly briefed White House staff about Pence's wife's medical issues.

Mike Pence’s physician privately raised alarms within the White House last fall that Trump’s doctor may have violated federal privacy protections for his wife Karen – and intimidated the vice president’s doctor during angry confrontations over the episode.

Hoo boy...maybe Trump knew this was eventually coming out and decided to get ahead of the narrative by making this a referendum on Tester (which is a lot more politically beneficial too)?

Comment

• AA

Roy Moore, your boy and Nick Saban's rumored best friend, is suing three of his female accusers for "political conspiracy"

An attorney for Roy Moore said Monday that the former U.S. Senate candidate has filed a lawsuit for political conspiracy, among other counts.
            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; April 30, 2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, he announced that he would be suing a while back. It's one of the reasons he has begged for money.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, I view the Korean developments as a positive. Some who were screaming nuclear holocaust now view these developments as awful.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• not just viewing them as awful, but in many cases trying to spin it to give 0bama credit lol

I guess it depends on who you ask

Comment

• Who is spinning it as awful or trying to give Obama credit?
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• In the meantime, NoKo will join the group of nuclear powers and be welcomed into the world stage. All while KJU stays in power, threatens the rest of the world at his whim, and just brutally oppressed his people.
                      Awful is subjective, but I read this as, at a minimum, a bad thing. Perhaps I’m misunderstanding and you think this is a good thing.

Comment

• I said before I'm cautiously optimistic and will stay with that until proven otherwise. Nothing's on paper yet and North Korea has made these outreach efforts before. They've gone further than in the past but hey, times change. Maybe they really mean it this time.

Trump will get most of the credit for this if it happens (and deserves much of it) but there's obviously all kinds of circumstances here...Kim's not his father..Xi Jinping is arguably the most powerful Chinese leader since Mao after becoming President for life...Trump's (seemingly) good relationship with Xi...

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                          Who is spinning it as awful or trying to give Obama credit?
                          I take it you don't have a twitter account

Comment

• I’m very cautiously optimistic and entirely unsure how much credit PDJT would deserve if something meaningful happened. Politics being what they are, however, he could certainly claim lots with credibility. And then fritter it all away in a weekend tweetstorm of shit.

Comment

• On a totally different note...saw Infinity War...well exceeded my expectations...but I had set them pretty low thinking that a movie with about 40 main characters was going to be an absolute clusterfuck. This is a spectacle well worth your $10. Don't want to spoil anything for someone who's been looking forward to it so Ill try to end it there for a few weeks.

Comment

I’m very cautiously optimistic and entirely unsure how much credit PDJT would deserve if something meaningful happened. Politics being what they are, however, he could certainly claim lots with credibility. And then fritter it all away in a weekend tweetstorm of shit.
                                do you think we would be here if Clinton were president? I don't think she brings the end of the Korean War. I don't think she gets N Korea to commit to abandoning their nuclear program.

yes yes, she wouldn't have made fun of his button on Twitter, but when everyone was freaking out I said he is talking directly to Kim in the language he understands and how no other President would. Trump was pacing and leading the N Korean leader to the place where results would happen... said those very words last year in this thread.

and I was laughed at.

Comment

Working...
                                X