No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Emerging consensus" -- LMAO. Yes, amongst the #GentryProg media. And it's not "emerging" -- it's a predetermined consensus. There was no result that would have been reported by the #GentryProg media as anything other than NK besting PDJT.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't believe that is an actual Chinese proverb...
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• At least we were reminded why fat don never has press conferences. Jeezus.

Comment

• Yes, I still miss the Bluebonnet Bowl.

Comment

• It's fine to shit on liberals for skewering Trump for getting played by default. However, even if we're accepting SK Peninsula exercise suspensions as grease on the wheels -- it's a huge blow to PACOM ops.

The world gets to see us back out of one of larger scale/multi domain/joint-national training exercise. It will see if we follow through and/or back out -- in addition to every degree in between.

just hoping somewhere in the vague agreement where we indisputably weakened our military that there is language ensuring a heightened level of transparency for denuclearization oversight

Comment

• It's almost as if people think there's this magic silver bullet to dealing with NK. It's almost as if people think there's a really great option out there. The reality of the situation, of course, is that there is no good option in dealing with NK, only bad and worse. Perhaps engaging directly as PDJT has will prove to be the "worse" way -- worse than the way which allowed NK to become a nuclear power. But, perhaps engaging directly will be the "bad" way -- not particularly pleasing, but more fruitful than 25 years of the old way.

In any event we will probably find out. And the key word in that sentence is "will" -- future tense. Anyone dispositively judging anything at this stage is setting themselves up to get there shit thrown back at them by kapture in several months. Personally, I think in this particular case, engagement is the better path than the status quo, which I know will produce nothing. It's not all rainbows, unicorns and baby kittens. It is more like choosing between Brandon Peters vs John O'Korn. Sure, one isn't particularly promising, but you're not fucked sideways with zero hope.

Comment

• I always figured one of his missiles would veer off course and hit japan would be the way something would start.

whatever trump is holding over his head as long as he isn't firing and testing let the two of them do whatever.

first time a missle goes up or another undergound nuke goes off then its right back to wargames on his south border

I've always had a feeling kim thinks one of these days hes likely to have a coup on his hands. That he needs to steer in another direction to alleviate the tension that has to run in his military everytime he ties up a general and blasts him with an M60. throw in 20 million starving people and you have a recipe for overthrow someday

a ransom payment in the form of massive economic incentives can do a lot for kim the warlord

Comment

• Ofc, no conclusions should be drawn as of now.

I agree that we don't actually know the solution to dealing with NK. This is more than previously. Whatever solutions are available: there isn't a perfect one. Check on all accounts.

That being said: Even if both leaders are bluffing, the terms we set for ourselves are already far more damaging than those for them. Is that the minimum collateral damage we have to accept? I doubt that it was, but it is too late now. We can't say anything definitively, but the footing is less than equal one day in.

Rgr, status quo "didn't work" so far as NK was a provocative country wanting to be big on the main stage.

Won't even try to quantify whatever we're at currently, but suspending FE FTX on behalf of PACOM and all impacted countries is a pretty marvelous concession.

Kapture is only scorekeeper in player-less game.

Comment

• He has already done his testing. He has the capabilities. The test sight he "blew up" had served its purpose. The Trumpbuttlickers think that FDT has stopped something. He has not. Kim has gotten to the point that he could stop. Thanks to Trump he now has a seat at the table.

Played.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Yes, I still miss the Bluebonnet Bowl.
                      Yes I still miss The Gator Bowl of old...
                      Attached Files
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Jonah Goldberg wrote this on the Summit: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...cess-too-soon/

Relevantly, the summit is a failure if, among other things:

You think U.S.?South Korea military exercises are too valuable a chip to trade for more implausible promises (though in fairness, there?s plenty of time to restart them on schedule, so this may have been a clever and costless chip ? though not informing the Pentagon about this in advance strikes me as ill-advised)

The parens part is particularly interesting, if true.

Regardless, it's really hard to judge a preliminary meeting/agreement without seeing how it plays out. If, on the one-in-a-billion chance this leads to actual denuclearization, then PDJT's willingness to suspend war exercises is brilliant.

Comment

• CGVT never disappoints. It's one MSNBC "expert" #hottake after another.

Comment

• And the Trumpbuttlickers keep drinking the Kool-Aid
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The libs here are about as understandable as the lyrics to the song "Informer" by Snow...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Close call between CGVT's new approach or the chicken picture. Really strong work either way. #GentryProg

Comment

Working...
                                X