Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post

He sure was. I?ve missed the outrage from the free speech warriors about someone being fired for their political views.
    not in the article, but there are plenty of lefties implying it's a free speech issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      Perhaps you?re wondering why you should care about a cartoonist having an issue with management and then management deciding to let him go. This happens everywhere. If you have a job and you don?t do what your bosses tell you to do, you may very well lose that job. And it?s within the Post-Gazette?s rights to do that. From what I understand, they broke no laws here.

But this is happening at a time when the hysterical hypotheticals about the Trump administration and its powerful friends attempting to limit and control and perhaps even end the free press are no longer hysterical or hypothetical. This is happening right now.
      This is the Sinclair Broadcast Group ordering each of its network anchors to read a script filled with right-leaning propaganda. This is anything that?s not favorable to the right being considered ?fake news.? This is the White House press secretary pulling shit so far out of her ass that her press conferences are nothing but colonoscopy prep. This is the president of the United States openly fantasizing about our media being more like the media in North Korea.And this is half of the Republican Party agreeing with him.

Again, this is happening right now.
      I care as much about it as the left cares about this
      The debates that divide liberals from the left are more interesting — and at present, they can’t be found in ‘The Atlantic’ or New York ‘Times’.

Comment

• I mean you think this is new? try being a conservative and a college professor trying to be hired at any major university.

try being a conservative actor in Hollywood. or a writer. or anything else.

Try being a black music artist and tweet support of the republican president.

A white male conservative programmer at Google

A conservative and pro traditional marriage and a CEO of a fortune 500 company

Literally anyone else and commit the same crimes as Hillary Clinton

We have had to put up with this shit for decades.
        Last edited by Kapture1; June 15, 2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• This bears repeating.

It is scary because what we are seeing is the full implementation of a Joseph Goebbels style propaganda campaign. 1) Make the news controversial - insure that the media reports it. 2) The truth is irrelevant. Say things that either forward the Fuhrer's agenda or undermine the opposition. 3) Tell the lie often and loud from multiple sources so that the uniformed masses come to believe it. 4) Reinforce that alternate reality until it is perceived as actual reality. 5) Repeat.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• DfwBtbJX4Ac6lKF.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• PPG probably shouldn't have fired him unless they were getting blowback. Hard to imagine. But, in any event, the PPG has revealed itself a bit. A drop in the bucket as compared to #GentryProg censorship and anti-free speech activities, but wrong nonetheless.

Now back to CGVT-Kapture duking it out in truly a least common denominator battle.
              Last edited by iam416; June 15, 2018, 01:40 PM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

This bears repeating.

It is scary because what we are seeing is the full implementation of a Joseph Goebbels style propaganda campaign. 1) Make the news controversial - insure that the media reports it. 2) The truth is irrelevant. Say things that either forward the Fuhrer's agenda or undermine the opposition. 3) Tell the lie often and loud from multiple sources so that the uniformed masses come to believe it. 4) Reinforce that alternate reality until it is perceived as actual reality. 5) Repeat.
                hitlerbook.jpg

Comment

• If you can't see that happening, or want to admit it, don't even try to say that you love this country, because you don't. You love your ideology.

This is the biggest threat our democracy that I have seen in my lifetime. It is calculated and sadly, #trumpbuttlickers are buying it lock stock and barrel.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Here: Let me post if for you again

This bears repeating.

Comment

• funny how gowdy was the hero of the left last month with his comments on the fbi and yesterdays comments about the IG totally ignored.

so knowing what everybody knows today--how many would still rather have Hillary

Comment

Here: Let me post if for you again

This bears repeating.

You need to use coloring books with him, not letters and words.

Comment

If you can't see that happening, or want to admit it, don't even try to say that you love this country, because you don't. You love your ideology.

This is the biggest threat our democracy that I have seen in my lifetime. It is calculated and sadly, #trumpbuttlickers are buying it lock stock and barrel.
                          we are sitting in the same movie theater at the same time seeing two completely different things on screen. But if you insist

1) The democrats own the media. The media exists to promote the democrat party line.
                          2) This isn't a new phenomenon. Recent examples are 0bama first hearing about Hillary's email on the news, even though he was emailing her private email. or Ben Rhodes or Gruber lying about the Iran deal, or the ACA, if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. On and on and on and on.
                          3) See previous point. Gruber said thank God the public are a bunch of idiots.
                          Ben Rhodes said "All these newspapers used to have foreign bureaus," Rhodes said. "Now they don't. They call us to explain to them what's happening in Moscow and Cairo. Most of the outlets are reporting on world events from Washington. The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That's a sea change. They literally know nothing." and ?We created an echo chamber,? ?They were saying things that validated what we had given them to say."
                          4) See previous point
                          5) Repeat.

I know, I know, cock. But for someone that overlooked 8 years of this shit, you have no credibility to complain about it now.

Comment

• "ignoring the obvious to own the libs"

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                              funny how gowdy was the hero of the left last month with his comments on the fbi and yesterdays comments about the IG totally ignored.

so knowing what everybody knows today--how many would still rather have Hillary
                              DSL's boy Gowdy.

Hillary would have been a disaster. what strikes me is that if she won, NONE of this sees the light of day. She would have still fired Comey, the question I ask is why didn't 0bama?

As corrupt as the FBI CLEARLY was, imagine Hillary in control of that agency, how she would use it against her political enemies.

Comment

• I like how within a couple hours of Manafort being sent to jail, BAIL REVOKED, Trump and Giuliani both dangle the possibility of a pardon in front of him. "Stay strong, Paul"

Comment

Working...
                                X