No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the truth is a troll so be it. Talent would have written a better opinion upholding the Muslim ban, he wouldn't have said anything about considering Trump's comments. Talent would have said Trump has the power by law and to disregard his public comments on the matter. In fact in this thread he argued exactly that. Talent surely wouldn't have referenced Korematsu, that is the judicial equivalent of cheap pop. Throwing people a bone. Even Sotomayor got fooled by that nonsense. He doesn't really even really say why Korematsu was bad, just that it was.

Comment

• I would like to see Talent as a Justice:

"The Court finds that the jabroni should know his role. Case dismissed!"
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I would hire The Wizard as my clerk.

In any event, while Roberts was forceful and correct, Thomas' concurrence was my favorite opinion of the bunch.
        Last edited by iam416; June 27, 2018, 08:26 AM.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I would hire The Wizard as my clerk.
          "The Court finds in favor of ST v. FU."

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Petitioner sought review of the applicability of 35 USC 271(g) to products manufactured overseas. We granted Petitioner's request. We hold that Petitioner can shaddup the fuck up. The dissent from Justice Strangelove can STFU. We are unpersuaded as to how Lake Cayuga is germane to this issue.

Comment

• million had those great "I never thought I'd be writing to penthouse forum " stories

he's still around isn't he or did the slivo get him

strzok testifying today has a lot of tough questions to answer likely related to fisa and his London trip along with why Hillary email probe was dropped and the seeds of the Mueller investigation

Comment

• Would the Marshal please wake Justice AlabamAlum up? The Court does not care how much brown liquor he has consumed. And someone get him a towel so he can wipe the sick off his robe.

Comment

• Biggest pre-summit issue is whether Trump kisses the hem of Putin's robe or his signet ring.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• As badly as the Roberts opinion is written, it pales in comparison to the incoherence to Kennedy's concurring opinion. Holy shit, Kennedy is going out with this shitty opinion? Check out this howler

"Indeed, the very fact that an official may have broad discretion, discretion free from judicial scrutiny, makes it all the more imperative for him or her to adhere to the Constitution and to its meaning and it's promise."

Ha, that is some funny shit, some in the "liberal" press were writing that it was Kennedy's warning to Trump. His drop the mic moment. Holy shit, I'm sure Trump and Miller are going to take that advice and adhere to the Constitution pronto. Kennedy really showed them. I likened the stupid invocation of Korematsu to cheap pop, this is the equivalent of bringing a knife to a gunfight, but it's a plastic knife.

Comment

• Another great take. You should start a blog. That said, you do realize that Sotomayor was the one who brought Korematsu into the discussion -- the one who "invoked" it? Right? Roberts felt that it was so profoundly wrong -- and it was in a quintessentially #GentryProg way -- that it was worth briefly bitchslapping down. I mean, I feel a little weird pointing this out to such a scholar of the Court, but your earlier post suggests that Roberts was the one who brought Korematsu into the discussion. That's just demonstrably wrong.

Comment

• The Korematsu Maru scenario frequently wreaks havoc on students and equipment. As I recall you took the test three times yourself. Your final solution was, shall we say, unique?

Comment

• If the Star Trek post doesn't get some likes, I will keep punishing you all until morale improves.

Comment

• Hopefully Kennedy is going out with a shitty opinion. Let's get us another Trump appointee.

Comment

• In one of Trump's statements he justified his proposed Muslim ban by invoking Korematsu, is everyone supposed to ignore that.

"What I'm doing is no different than FDR"

"We have no choice but to do this."

Trump brought it up. Sotomayor was right to bring it up, if Roberts is going to argue that Korematsu was wrong he should state why it is wrong. Otherwise he should have just ignored iher and said Trump has the power and that's the bottom line. He doesn't say why the decision was wrong, it is socially thought to be wrong 70 years later but the government back then was arguing that FDR had the power to keep us safe. Hugo Black agreed with them in his opinion.

Comment

• The Korematsu Maru scenario frequently wreaks havoc on students and equipment. As I recall you took the test three times yourself. Your final solution was, shall we say, unique?
                                I prefer the Ruy Lopez opening to the Korematsu Maru, but the benefits of the read-option can't be denied at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X