No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah. I don't think any reasonable person thinks Nike gives two shits about Kaep. They are, however, very worried about the production level falling off by their giant army of 8-year-old girls in some Thai sweatshop.

"Hop to it, Kwang Nin, or no rice for you in 12 hours!"
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Indeed. And now that they "stand for social justice" that can be forgiven!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Comment

• Monsanto should hire Kaep for a Round-Up ad: Close-up of his face with the caption: "Get rid of your weeds quicker than I got rid of my career as a back-up."

People would forget about the whole carcinogen thing.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• LOL. I'd contribute to any campaign to pay to have him be the face of Ford trucks, but this works both ways. It would be pretty amusing to, say, have him as the face of a campaign for Cabela's. REI could counter with Tom Brady ads, and the two would end up just trading customer bases.

Comment

• Ford and Cabella would never do it. Not out of some political stance, though. But because they, like Nike, know their demographic.

Comment

• Yes. Am just amused by the concept. A world in which hipsters drive F150s and rednecks are in Subaru Outbacks.

Comment

• Extend it to all accessories, too.

Some redneck in a Suburu drinking a kombucha wearing Birkinstocks while the hipster was drinking a Bud Light wearing a TapOut shirt while driving a F-150 would be kind of awesome.

Comment

• LVXk-FD00PXDX4lnCroI6Lqh8lJ3dJ7MYH-ybbrxo10.jpg?w=960&s=25ef18eb02e0d23934b1ca120cdee060.jpg

Comment

• I love it! Suitable for sketch comedy for sure. I'd go to precious-emo-band concerns if they were packed with rednecks, but it sounds less fun to see bro-country shows with hipster audiences.

Comment

• I will continue my personal boycott of Nike running shoes, but even if I was offended by Kaepernick my kids wouldn't stand for non Nike shoes. You pick your battles.

Comment

• JJuf_aqCelUpQ8CEzGnfUD-qW0rl101M2hsuPq7UOmA.jpg?w=781&s=904796492d5d8feb44573c65fe4189c1.jpg

Comment

• I hate to say it, especially as a Pistons fan, but 80s Jordans are the best shoes for me to play basketball in. It's like a basketball version of barefoot running, because the footbed is flat rather than wedge, and I have low arches. I can also play in Puma Clydes, but prefer the extra support of mid- or high-top shoes.

Comment

• Tons and tons of follow up posts from Talent and his Alt Right buddies about Kaep and Nike and how disgusting and hypocritical gentry progs are and how we need to trigger and ridicule them any chance we get

Zero follow up posts about Trump wanting the DOJ to act as his personal political hatchet-men, protect his allies, and try to find reason to jail his enemies.

Sounds about right.

Comment

• Wait, am I an "Alt-Right buddy"? I mean, I can handle you calling me a lot of things, but one of Talent's buddies?

Sir, if it were not for my profound sense of noblesse oblige in all matters, I would abandon decorum and take you outside by the scruff for a good caning.

Comment

Working...
                                X