No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal GOP poll shows RNC has concluded the Party has lost the message fight over the tax cuts. 44-45 voter support it...BUT...

61% of respondents to a poll conducted by the RNC itself said the tax cut primarily benefits corporation and the wealthy, not average Americans.

Only 30% said average Americans are the main beneficiaries of the tax cut

Furthermore a majority of voters believe the GOP will eventually cut Medicaire and Social Security in order to continue these tax cuts that they see as mainly befitting the rich.

Comment

• Has Ed Whelan lost his goddamn mind? I'm not gonna link to it but the NRO blogger and President of the "Ethics and Public Policy Center" is casually slandering some guy that went to HS with Kavanaugh and had the same 80's haircut. Says if the rape actually happened it very well could've been THIS guy that he found in Kavanaugh's yearbook and used Zillow to figure out where he lives.

EDIT: I'm not sure what was going through Ed Whelan's mind, but he basically shared the name of a random guy from Kavanaugh's High school, said his family's home resembled the rape house described by Ford, and said gee he looked an awful lot like Kavanaugh back in the 80's didn't he? Then proceeded to say "but yeah I don't know what happened that night."

Good Lord
      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 20, 2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• To be clear, Ed Whelan isn't in the Administration and he's probably not a Trump conservative. He's part of the Republican thinktank/DC crowd and has contributed to National Review for decades. So the general public pretty much has no idea who he is but he's influential in DC and the Beltway crowd. And he just lengthily tried to build a case (on Twitter) that this other guy (calling him by his real name) was the real rapist back in the early 80s and that Ford is confused. Only to end his lengthy argument with a "but I can't be sure what really happened".

Hope this guy has a good attorney.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward...merican_lawyer)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Has Ed Whelan lost his goddamn mind? I'm not gonna link to it but the NRO blogger and President of the "Ethics and Public Policy Center" is casually slandering some guy that went to HS with Kavanaugh and had the same 80's haircut. Says if the rape actually happened it very well could've been THIS guy that he found in Kavanaugh's yearbook and used Zillow to figure out where he lives.

EDIT: I'm not sure what was going through Ed Whelan's mind, but he basically shared the name of a random guy from Kavanaugh's High school, said his family's home resembled the rape house described by Ford, and said gee he looked an awful lot like Kavanaugh back in the 80's didn't he? Then proceeded to say "but yeah I don't know what happened that night."

Good Lord
          so you're saying he has as much evidence as Kavanaugh's accuser does lol

Comment

• 5h17boy.jpg

Comment

• Strange: Last I heard, even Sen. Grassley has not seen the whole of the letter this babe supposedly sent to Feinstein. That letter was sent after she scrubbed her social media accounts, and after she contacted the WaPo's tip-line. How do you know what was alleged in the letter? Why won't the Dems share the whole letter with the Committee?

And, good lord, she acknowledges she remained clothed during the whole incident, her clothing covering a one-piece bathing suit. This is rape? Really? Maybe we simply should ban sex before the age of 18. That would fix the problem.

As far as I'm concerned, any nominee to the SC who has NOT had some form of sex by their 18th birthday should be disqualified from becoming a Justice because they are not normal and are probably queer or gay or transexual or animalistic.

Speaking of which, condolences to Stan and his dog. This second conservative Justice will probably delay the planned nuptials.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Wow. Why does Geezer's post not surprise me?
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• who has NOT had some form of sex by their 18th birthday should be disqualified from becoming a Justice because they are not normal and are probably queer or gay or transexual or animalistic.
                    When I was 18, I worked on the loading docks - 10 hours a day - 6 days a week and never had some form of sex .
                    Last edited by WingsFan; September 20, 2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• You'll never be a Justice on the Geezer Court.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Nope I never had a girlfriend till I was 21 - all downhill after that

Comment

• gf0cc9q72in11.png?width=622&s=4c7b06b17d71f4601f878d685e75fdd70dceafc1.png

Comment

• The fact remains that the Republicans have complete control over this. They control the Senate, so they can confirm Kavanaugh. But they are wavering. Or at least enough of them are to where the appointment has some doubt.

The Republicans are so pathetic when it comes to wielding power. I'll say it again. Democrats cannot relate.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; September 21, 2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Internal GOP poll shows RNC has concluded the Party has lost the message fight over the tax cuts. 44-45 voter support it...BUT...

61% of respondents to a poll conducted by the RNC itself said the tax cut primarily benefits corporation and the wealthy, not average Americans.

Only 30% said average Americans are the main beneficiaries of the tax cut

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...le-on-tax-cuts

Furthermore a majority of voters believe the GOP will eventually cut Medicaire and Social Security in order to continue these tax cuts that they see as mainly befitting the rich.
                              The tax cuts were a very stupid thing to spend political capital on.

Comment

• the Senate should reject the accusers terms. no way in hell should Kavanaugh have to testify first, how the hell does he know what he's even defending himself against? it's why the accuser always goes first in a trial.

Comment

Working...
                                X