No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, well his error may also have been to publicly accuse someone (by name) of sexual assault and published that guy's former home/address to prove a 'point' and defend a close friend.

He himself just apologized this morning.

Comment

• Study finds that less than 1 in 5 GOP ads refer to the economy, its all attack ads. Granted it's republican SOP to shoot the messenger/ignore the message when faced with negative news. But a good economy (positive news) is not worth associating with? It's better to demonize your opponent than point to what is making things better for everyone? Now before all the resident Trump cultists get their snowflake panties in a bunch, and start sniveling that "they do it too!", I think the real question is why as a nation do we nominate blowhards instead of adults? What has our national psychology devolved into?

How low has this gone? See the second link. The GOP requested info through the FOIA and inappropriately received personnel information on the target. Did they do the right thing? Fuck no, they distorted and released it in attack ads.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ds/1347592002/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ig/1262369002/
      Last edited by Ghengis Jon; September 21, 2018, 08:51 AM.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I don't know why dems think it's smart to simultaneously claim credit for the economy and to claim the economy sucks lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
          I don't know why dems think it's smart to simultaneously claim credit for the economy and to claim the economy sucks lol
          The economy on the surface (especially for the 1%) is very good but a continuation of started under Obama.

For the vast majority of people (including 44 million that work full time and have another job on the side to make ends meat) it is not working under Trump.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Good golly, a lesson in how NOT to woo minority voters. At least they apologized.

The ad, meant to celebrate a festival for elephant-headed deity Ganesha, offended Hindus instead.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Trump walks back the 'immediate declassification' of texts and documents...he's handing it off to an IG to see what can and can't be released. Says he'll declassify things himself 'if it proves necessary'

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

The economy on the surface (especially for the 1%) is very good but a continuation of started under Obama.

For the vast majority of people (including 44 million that work full time and have another job on the side to make ends meat) it is not working under Trump.
                speak for yourself. My household income was stagnate for the previous 7 years. Since Jan 2017 it has increased 20,000, not including bonuses.

It's working great. You are starting to see construction again, which is a great sign. And when I file taxes next year and get more of my money back, cant wait.

Comment

• Economy is great. Great time to be alive. But, it matters not for November.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Economy is great. Great time to be alive. But, it matters not for November.
                    It is always a great time to be alive when one considers the alternative.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

speak for yourself. My household income was stagnate for the previous 7 years. Since Jan 2017 it has increased 20,000, not including bonuses.

It's working great. You are starting to see construction again, which is a great sign. And when I file taxes next year and get more of my money back, cant wait.
                      So just as long as you are okay who give a damn about anyone else right?

Comment

• NY Times with a big story that could get Rosenstein fired. A lot seems based on the word of Andy McCabe, however.

In the turbulent days after the firing of James B. Comey, the deputy attorney general appeared conflicted about his role and wanted to expose administration dysfunction, people around him said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          NY Times with a big story that could get Rosenstein fired. A lot seems based on the word of Andy McCabe, however.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/u...amendment.html
                          There is no Deep State or conspiracy against Trump

Ho Lee Fuk

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

So just as long as you are okay who give a damn about anyone else right?
                            I certainly said the same thing to those who were receiving subsidies to buy insurance while my costs quadrupled.

Difference is I keep more of the money I earned. They were getting a handout at the expense of the tax payers.

and everybody benefits from an improved economy.
                            Last edited by Kapture1; September 21, 2018, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• So Trump has to decide who to believe... Andy McCabe or Rod Rosenstein....

well, fuck.

Comment

• yeah Rosenstein wasn't goinna last too much longer anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X