No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wrote it a few days ago, but it's worth repeating. The Anglo American judicial system is our society's greatest achievement. show of hands, who here wants to live in a country where the accused must prove their innocence? where all it takes to ruin a man's lifelong reputation and good name is an accusation made without cobberating evidence? where a person's political affiliation determines whether or not they deserve due process?

anyone here wanna live there? i believe those societies stone rape victims for adulterous sex. i don't wanna live there

what is disturbing is more democrats aren't standing up to their representatives and their media throwing out the notion of due process, and turning our crown jewel, the Anglo American legal system. upside down.

and let's not forget for a second that there are more than one or two victims here. Kavanaugh's wife and two daughters are victims and being victimized, right now, today. that piece of shit Michael Avanatti, and others, are abusing them right now. so the standard isn't BELIEVE WOMEN, it's not even don't abuse women who are victims. the standard is what's the politics of those they are accusing. Senator Hirono said as much, twice, on national television today. and I see leftists celebrating and cheering her rather than speaking out against it.
    Last edited by Kapture1; September 24, 2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
      Trump is an outlier. His base considers him a strong leader and to a certain extent he has championed policy that is not altogether insane. He certainly embraces some of America's core values - or at least he pretends he does. Some of the policies he has championed are quite rational actually. But, at the same time, he possesses some of the least appealing qualities of the strong men that the article I linked to above lists. I have a hard time understanding, in light of this reality, why he has any supporters at all .... other than they like to be lead by tyrants because of the appearance that that is better than the alternative of democratic governance.

Really, Jeff? I didn't support him, but I do now. That is because of his policies. When you look at the shit storm that is the current Democrat Party, any rational person would prefer Trump and the Republicans. Trump was freely elected. Who elected Rosenstein or Mueller? Does what is happening to Kavanaugh look like democracy to you? The left, as it has done since the middle ages, seeks to turn the Western system of Justice on its head by making the accused prove he is innocent. That is straight out of Henry VIII. Is that really the country you want?

Why do you gentry progs hate Trump so? Rather than regurgitate stuff you have read, could you put it into your own words?
      so much truth to this.

Trump is standing in the way of those seeking to radically and FUNDAMENTALLY change this country. It's why his supporters are behind him and will never leave him. And before a Gentry suggests his supporters are just against "progress", I would point out that due process and the presumption of innocence IS progress. Stop fucking with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        Really, Jeff? I didn't support him, but I do now. That is because of his policies. When you look at the shit storm that is the current Democrat Party, any rational person would prefer Trump and the Republicans. Trump was freely elected. Who elected Rosenstein or Mueller? Does what is happening to Kavanaugh look like democracy to you? The left, as it has done since the middle ages, seeks to turn the Western system of Justice on its head by making the accused prove he is innocent. That is straight out of Henry VIII. Is that really the country you want?

Why do you gentry progs hate Trump so? Rather than regurgitate stuff you have read, could you put it into your own words?
        Really Geez? Your selective reasoning and defective logic is sadly representative of today's GOP. Policy approval 'trumps' ethics and humanity. Nice. Germany had a near zero (.2% or some such) unemployment rate in 1940 but it was okay to throw Jews in an oven. So by your logic, strong unemployment 'trumps' basic human rights, because hey, I approve of the economic policies. I'm not inferring in any way that you support such positions, just pointing out your rationalizations that you incorrectly put forth as reason.

Who elected Rosenstein or Mueller? Who elected Ken Starr? Or Archibald Cox? By your statement, criminal activity should not be investigated because the investigators were not elected? Very democratic of you.

Kavanaugh? How about Merrick Garland? You think it was proper, much less Constitutional, that Mitch "Lets just wait until after the elections" McConnell obstructed through abuse of positional power a Presidential SCOTUS nominee? If the Senate were controlled by the dems, it would be okay, and only following precedent, that all Chump's picks should "wait until after the election" of 2020?

Your comment about the left, whatever that is, is on an absurdity level usually only put forth by our resident imbecile Kapture1. You're no dummy Geez so I see no value in putting forth nonsense that is usually heard only at a Trump rally for the drooling masses.

Here's my issue with Trump and it has nothing to do with Mueller. From post #37641 is response to Hannibal:

The public overwhelmingly disagrees with Trump's policies. Build the wall? Nope. Punish children for the crimes of their parents? Nope. Tariffs? Nope. International relations? Nope. Undermining law enforcement? Nope. Tax cuts (individual not business)? Nope. The list goes on and on.

Conservative commentators pander to Trump's base rather than offer constructive criticism or viable solutions to the nation's shortcomings. They aggravate the problems by deflecting attention away from them. They refuse to consider anything as an issue beyond clickbait rants. Example: The special counsel investigation is convenient cover to ignore the anti-American activities conducted by their oh-so-precious president. I look at the special counsel as simply draining the swamp, something that Trump has spectacularly failed to do as promised. My issue with Trump as a Russian stooge has nothing to do with Mueller but with his actions as American policy. Is the following list a bunch of activities that Trump has engaged in or is it the marching orders that Putin has given the heads of the FSB and GRU?

1. Drive a wedge between NATO allies.
        2. Alienate the US from its border countries of Mexico and Canada.
        3. Abandon US economic influence in Asia to China.
        4. Denigrate allies who have shed their blood in the US national interest.
        5. Undermine foundations of democracy such as a free press.
        6. Undermine the legal system by attacking the DOJ and FBI.
        7. Use the internet and social media to divide the nation.
        8. Create alternate realities in an attempt to sow confusion and discord.
        9. Lie, lie, and lie some more.

Donald Trump needs to removed from office. He is a clear and present danger to our Republic.

Robert Mueller is a godsend. May he be wildly successful in the removal of the traitor that resides in the Oval Office. Impeachment is a tool to remove a duly elected official who is incompetently criminal in executing his duties, a definition that fits Trump to a tee. The founding fathers put this mechanism in place because they had the foresight to anticipate the occasional Trump that would appear on the American political landscape.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• What happens to Trumpism after that though? I have a feeling we won't be done with it. To many lucrative opportunities.

Comment

• Kavanaugh? How about Merrick Garland?
            The Rs, thanks to President Obama, controlled the Senate. Democracy. And then put the nomination up to newly elected President -- again, Democracy. Never did the Rs say a bad word about Garland. They didn't slander him. They didn't attack him. They didn't proclaim their Spartacus moment. They were in control, thanks to the rules of our system, and let the nomination fall to the results of our system. The Ds lost. And when the Ds lose playing by the rules they play outside of them.

As I noted, I am done. I will never vote for a D again, at least based on what the party is and where I see it going. So, Sherrod Brown, who I would have voted for, will crush Renaci by one less vote (I will not be voting for him, either).
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Likewise, I will never vote for runny eggs at Waffle House after a night drinking. Ever. At least based on the state of runny eggs and where the quality of Waffle House is now. So, after the Lousiana-Lafayette party, Waffle House will have one fewer order (not stopping at Arby's, either).
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I was with you right up and until your Arby's treachery. May you die the excruciating death of the treasonous.

Comment

• The Auburn franchisee in this area is a big Auburn booster and we have had words. And the words were not pleasant.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Words with you rarely rise above barely tolerable, let alone to pleasant.

Comment

• Harsh.

He had decorated one of his stores in AU decorations before an Iron Bowl. No Bama decor. Shopkeepers are dumb for taking sides. One does not do that. It is stupid. I may have suggested that he was stupid, his wife was a whore, his kids were criminals, and his restaurants served faux beef.

In retrospect, I regret the comment about the beef.

Comment

• I regret I wasted 5 minutes reading the previous conversation

Comment

• I am just impressed you're reading now. Who helped you sound out the "big" words?

Comment

• And are we really believing it only took him 5 minutes?

Comment

• the list is long and distinguished of things that take me 5 minutes

Comment

• you imagine if talent got nominated for something the endless cesspool of goatepen/cnn/puterbac/detroitforum posts that would be dredged up for his confirmation not to mention his wizard AA internet gropings would be vile and disgusting and likely lead to his removal from the bar anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X