No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunch of Florida polls came out recently and they were universally bad for Republicans

NBC/Marist

Nelson(D) 48%
    Scott (R) 45%

Gillum (D) 48%
    DeSantis (R) 43%

Approve of Trump 46%
    Disapprove of Trump 48%

Quinnipiac

Nelson (D) 53%
    Scott (R) 46%

Approve of Trump 44%
    Disapprove of Trump 54%

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; September 25, 2018, 05:58 PM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The only one of those three that's remotely close to a monopoly is Google. There are dozens of social media alternatives, including those that have been set up by the Alt Right like Gab. The First Amendment obviously doesn't obligate Facebook or Twitter to act as your publisher; nor do you have a inalienable right to have your thoughts disseminated to the widest audience possible.
        of course they are not a publisher because if they were, they would be sued out of existence. they sought protections from government via the Communications Decency Act, section 230, claiming they are not publishers, but platforms. they want to act as publishers and decide what opinions gets shared on their platform, but be free of the consequences.

you get that, right? it's why AT&T can't be sued or held responsible if criminal activity is discussed over their lines. But if they start acting like a publisher, while receiving the protections of a platform... you start to see how this becomes a problem. either they are a publisher or not.
        Last edited by Kapture1; September 25, 2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• the same people that mocked Mike Pence for his rule of never being alone with a woman that wasn't his wife.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• If FoxNews and MSNBC have the freedom to censor and decide on what range of views they will disseminate (and they do), then why don't Twitter and Facebook? They are not monopolies, no matter their popularity. Start an exodus of right-wingers to Gab if you think it will succeed.

My bottom line is how can anyone consider the Fairness Doctrine is oppression while simultaneously arguing that Facebook has an ethical or moral obligation to basically allow any political opinion to be published?

Comment

• Do you think she is lying?

Comment

Comment

• Alex Jones totally deserved to get banned from Twitter. What he was doing with those ambush videos was in direct violation of the code of conduct every user clicks through when they sign up. If you direct your followers to harass other users you deserve to get banned..

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; September 25, 2018, 06:45 PM.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• I believe they censor now, yes. It was the wild, wild west for a while, and the same is true of most of social media.

It just seems to me that if you wanted the end of net neutrality and you HATE the Fairness Doctrine, and that's true of most conservatives, you sort of lost the right to complain when private companies censor you. Either you want government intervening to protect political speech or you don't. Not just when you're the 'victim'. Alternatives aren't on the same level but they're out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Alex Jones totally deserved to get banned from Twitter. What he was doing with those ambush videos was in direct violation of the code of conduct every user clicks through when they sign up. If you direct your followers to harass other users you deserve to get banned..
                          i remember when CNN tracked down an old grandma because she liked a post on Facebook by one of those Russian troll farms. ambushed the shit out of that poor woman at her house. no ban. no warning. no restricted account access.

Comment

• Where was it reported Feinstein disclosed it anonymously?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I believe they censor now, yes. It was the wild, wild west for a while, and the same is true of most of social media.

It just seems to me that if you wanted the end of net neutrality and you HATE the Fairness Doctrine, and that's true of most conservatives, you sort of lost the right to complain when private companies censor you. Either you want government intervening to protect political speech or you don't. Not just when you're the 'victim'. Alternatives aren't on the same level but they're out there.
                              not if they are already receiving federal protections as if they are a public utility. i can complain all i want.
                              Last edited by Kapture1; September 25, 2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X