No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by iam416; September 28, 2018, 06:59 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Yeah I'm sure she is getting paid, please. Prove it.
      a combined total of almost 500,000 in go fund me accounts.

Comment

• Just curious but got a link to the Manchin poll? Must not be one Real Clear Politics tracks

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...chin-6258.html

EDIT: Never mind, found it. Internal poll

Comment

• I go to 538 for polls these days. They rate the pollsters and also provide more polling results: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=irpromo

Yeah -- it's an internal R poll. I don't buy it for a second. But I do buy that if Manchin votes against then it'll be much closer than he wants.

Comment

• It's always interesting to speculate on why internal polls get leaked. My hunch is it's typically a candidate's best or worst internal poll that gets leaked.

1) Take your worst poll and use it to fund-raise. Sherrod Brown has been doing this a LOT this year.

2) Take your best poll and use it to tell the base to not lose hope. We're hanging in there!

Comment

• If you have the law on your side, argue the law; if you have the facts, argue the facts; if you have neither, pound the table.

As is often said. We saw a hell of a lot of table pounding. All day. This focus on the process is telling. Loophole that allows them to ignore substance, and the Ds did a shit job steering them back to substance. When you combine it with all the rest of the stuff we SHOULD be focusing on, there is a preponderance of evidence the guy's a dirtbag. Nobody disbelieves her, and we know he's been untruthful in the past, so the notion that he's not lying either is quite the trick of magical thinking.

Kavanaugh warned that what goes around comes around, which was a rich irony since he was a primary player in the search-and-destroy mission of the 90s under Ken Starr. Rich, rich irony. Said we'd suffer from a lack of good people willing to offer themselves up for such positions -- as if that isn't exactly what was happening right there. Say what you will about Scalia, and I'll say plenty, but obviously that man's brain makes Kavanaugh look about as smart and deliberative as Don Jr. Bad liar who sells policy outcomes to pay for "baseball tickets".

Comment

• rich irony.... leave aside Brett and Ford, you do realize that three women have been absolutely victimized by the Democrats? they could have and should have utilized their means to investigate this anonymously. instead i guess his wife and daughters have to suffer because Brett is a republican and long ago served under Ken Starr. So, who is the fucking dirtbag here?

i wish that Ford was asked about false memories, as a psychologist. asked if eye witnesses can have false memories. answer is yes. then asked if those that have a false memory, do they know their memory is false. that answer is of course no.
                Last edited by Kapture1; September 28, 2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Flake's a yes

Comment

• Good points made here:
                    By Jonathan Chait@jonathanchaitKimberly Strasselhe wants, Kavanaugh responded with several seconds of damning silence.

Kavanaugh deserves due process. So does Christine Blasey Ford. Only one of those people is standing in the way of it.

Why do I believe Kavanaugh is lying? The charges are credible, and his accusers are willing to put themselves at risk, with no apparent gain to bring them to the public. Kavanaugh has said too many things that strain credulity for all them to be plausibly true. He almost certainly liedRenate Alumni

Comment

• I do recall "boof" being a reference to farting. Boff= sex.

Comment

• I guess on the Feinstein thing, Ryan Grim said for sure Feinstein's did not leak the information to The Intercept. If you are looking for a person to coordinate a political hit job, Feinstein ain't top of mind. Her wish to keep it quiet because Ford didn't want to come forward is believable.

The R-dude going quietly argument would make more sense if it didn't happen to a Vince Foster obsessive nattering on about conspiracies when he was a hatchet man for Ken Starr looking for signs of an affair between Hillary Clinton and Vince Foster. It certainly didn't happen with Gorsuch.
                        Last edited by froot loops; September 28, 2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• "A ranting Kavanaugh launched angry, evidence-free charges against Senate Democrats."

And he should have.

For those that can't perform the mental exercise of being placed into his head, it's not really that hard to imagine. To have your good name destroyed over the last two weeks over the Democrats handling of a allegation where the accuser wished to remain anonymous, to have your family's lives forever harmed and altered, and a ton of bullshit allegations come pouring in that have no credibility and no corroboration, Avenatti with the cherry on top. Then to have to sit in the same room as those responsible for trashing you and your family's lives for 4 hours why they stare you down... your god damn right he has every justification to be angry. The fact that he got out of there yesterday without punching someone out is commendable.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                            I do recall "boof" being a reference to farting. Boff= sex.
                            was boff a sex reference in 1983?
                            was devil's triangle a threesome reference in 1983?

earliest origins of those references meaning sex was the early 2000's.

Comment

• I guess on the Feinstein thing, Ryan Grim said for sure Feinstein's did not leak the information to The Intercept.
                              They had her hooked with attorneys immediately and taking a lie detector test within a week.

The R-dude going quietly argument would make more sense if it didn't happen to a Vince Foster obsessive nattering on about conspiracies when he was a hatchet man for Ken Starr looking for signs of an affair between Hillary Clinton and Vince Foster. It certainly didn't happen with Gorsuch.
                              Whataboutism? Cool.

Re Gorsuch, they had no chance to stop that. They couldn't fuck up the works for 2 years. He was still only confirmed 54-45. They have a chance to stop the appointment entirely (Kav or whomever) if they can run some more clock. That's driving everything. EV-REEE-THING.

Comment

• Based on the evidence, or lack there of, presented.
                                Rachel Mitchell, the prosecutor who questioned Christine Blasey Ford Thursday at Senate Judiciary Committee, said she wouldn't prosecute Kavanaugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X