No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this year's election is any indication, I don't think you have to worry about the candidate so much for a state like Michigan.
    I think this is right, but you want to HOLD Michigan longer term than just 2020. Yeah, the likes of Warren and Harris can win Michigan in 2020, but will they win it in 2024 if the Rs nominate a populist that ain't personally loathed by more than half the electorate?
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• ...mister we could use a man like Monty Brewster again...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ffl1nvflups11.jpg?width=600&auto=webp&s=21dc145a5bf497a54ccbc3ddd424fdff4ea0b2e1.jpg

Comment

• Missed this last week...Ford is having a bad year and plans to lay off 12% (24,000+) early next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Missed this last week...Ford is having a bad year and plans to lay off 12% (24,000+) early next year

I can almost hear your excitement.

Comment

• Companies that don't innovate as well as others tend to struggle. Big shocker.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I think this is right, but you want to HOLD Michigan longer term than just 2020. Yeah, the likes of Warren and Harris can win Michigan in 2020, but will they win it in 2024 if the Rs nominate a populist that ain't personally loathed by more than half the electorate?
                I think so, I kind of don't get the national analysis that a state like Michigan is turning red because Trump won it. That may be the case for some of the other midwest states, but I don't see the demographics changing much. Its been a split decision state for as long as I've lived and 2018 has the chance to be the best Democratic result since the 80s. Pennsylvania, Ohio and Wisconsin may be turning redder but Metro Detroit is too big in relation to the population of Michigan as a whole in relation.

Trump is loathed nationally but he hit the sweet spot for Macomb county, its hard to explain Macomb county to someone who isn't familiar with Michigan politics. But his antics are very similar to the long line of jackwagon mayors of Warren. And again Trump put in a lot of effort into the state of Michigan and Clinton treated it like she believed the hype about the Blue Wall.

I think Trump is a high floor/low ceiling guy that benefits from 30 years in the spotlight. I'm not sure you could find a populist politician that improves on Trump to the point where he isn't loathed but keeps all the good things Trumpers like.

Comment

• Ford is paying in a way for surviving the recession where GM didn't. Make no mistake, those tariffs are hurting Ford.

Comment

• Turkish media has begun leaking specific details of Khashoggi's recorded murder. They wouldn't be doing that if Erdogan hadn't given the go-ahead.

His killers were waiting when Jamal Khashoggi walked into the Saudi consulate in Istanbul

Comment

• DSL:

...have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Turkish media has begun leaking specific details of Khashoggi's recorded murder. They wouldn't be doing that if Erdogan hadn't given the go-ahead.

His killers were waiting when Jamal Khashoggi walked into the Saudi consulate in Istanbul
                        JMO, I would trust absolutely nothing the Turkish government says about this.

Comment

• And, to be honest, I know that Times people know what a mouthpiece that particular newspaper is. They know everything in it is just nonsense Erdogan wants to spread. I don't think it's ethical for them to print that without characterizing the anonymous Turkish official and the known-mouthpiece newspaper.

Comment

• STFU
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Ford is paying in a way for surviving the recession where GM didn't. Make no mistake, those tariffs are hurting Ford.

Comment

• Some are criticizing Trump over his statements on this matter so far.

Of course it's the same people that criticize everything he does.

I think that Trump is taking the right tact here. Like it or not we need the Saudis and not just because of the money. It would be foolish for Trump to point the finger without knowing for sure who was behind the killing. My assumption was that it was an underling of the Crown Prince, but even that doesn't mean MBS was involved or gave an order. The wait and see fact finding approach is the correct one.

Comment

Working...
                                X