No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This BuzzFeed stuff continues to be very weird.

The two reporters were on CNN earlier and are standing behind their story even more than before. They say their sources told them to stand firm.

Are the sources duping these guys? Did someone plant a fake story with these sources to out them as leakers? Was it all made up (I doubt this one but it's still possible)? Does SDNY know things that even Mueller doesn't know? Really curious for an explanation and very well might not ever get one.

Comment

• Out of curiosity, who do you believe?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Seen the videos of the big group of teenage boys surrounding, mocking, and jeering a lone Native American protestor in DC (who turns out to also be a Vietnam vet)?

Talk about rush to judgment, nobody surrounded a 'lone' protester. ... That's what you get for following the Fake News MSM.

As a general rule I do not ever defend Catholic groups, and got no problem with native American elders protesting that their country was stolen from them by the white man. But the Fake News narrative strikes again. This was a political stunt, these kids were duped. They didn't know what was going on, the kid should have backed away from the engaging 'drum beating' protester and his group.

Comment

• As you can see here who started it - for real talk

Comment

• Not to take either side, where were the teachers to defuse this? These are 15 year old kids - in a group - chanting - wearing MAGA hats - in a large populated area - with protesters all around. What could go wrong? To many stupid people, I cant take it anymore.
            Last edited by WingsFan; January 20, 2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, it certainly casts things in a different light. When I first heard the story I couldn't imagine kids spontenously surrounding the injun dude and going after him. I knew their had to be more to the story. They still don't look good, but it's way more understandable.

Anyway, the name of the game is to discredit an entire group, organization, party, etc with the actions of a few, and it's an omnipresent tactic in the social media age.
              Last edited by iam416; January 20, 2019, 04:49 PM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Who do I believe? It's hard to say. I trust neither the media on the left or the right and I certainly don't trust the White House or anyone speaking for them. The truth in this case is difficult to discern because of how easy it is to shade it. It's very much like the situation regarding the blowjob that Bill Clinton got..... "did you have sexual relations with this woman?" Response. "No." and that was a truthful answer depending how sexual relations is defined. Correct question, "Did Monica Lewinski give you oral sex?" .......

You nailed it with the Giuliani statement. He wasn't asked the right question and when the question was rephrased, he gave a truthful answer by responding, "I don't know," and I assume he actually doesn't. he wasn't involved in a legal relationship with Trmp at that time.

Anyway, there is a shit ton at stake here. I think the Mueller office statement should be read that the BuzzFeed report is inaccurate as a refutation of the claim. So, I'm in the wait and see mode ..... meaning we just have to wait and see what Mueller's report actually says about this ..... if we ever get to see it publicly. My take is that Congressional Committee that chartered the Mueller investigation will see it one way or the other. It will be up to them to determine if they have something actionable under the Constitution involving the President. It's a process. Trust the process.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Agreed, wait for the report. What troubles me `is that the Mueller's office issued a response. Keep in mind that no matter what media circus was playing out in the past, Mueller's office was (correctly) silent. Now, for the first time, a statement. Being cynical about this administration, I smell the stench of Trump.

Barr: Is that Buzzfeed report accurate?
                  Mueller: About 90% accurate.
                  Barr: Not completely 100% true?
                  Mueller: No.
                  Barr: Then issue a disavowal immediately.
                  Mueller: I don't issue statements. The investigation belongs above the fray, ignoring what wallows in the mud.
                  Barr: I don't give a fuck, I'm your boss and Dear Leader wants a disavowal.
                  Mueller: It is not proper. This whole investigation, I've intentionally never responded to....
                  Barr: WTF did I just tell you? Dear Leader wants it and you'll jump, bitch.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Out of curiosity, who do you believe?
                    I'm not really sure. I don't believe the reporters just made up a bunch of shit. I just can't believe BuzzFeed would go all in on this without seeing ANY evidence and their sources being non-existent.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                        Agreed, wait for the report. What troubles me `is that the Mueller's office issued a response.
                        sure it does. You want this to hang out there for the leftist media to pick Trump apart, congressional Dems to set up investigations and file articles of impeachment, without a challenge to the credibility of the reporting.

Comment

• lx2401jcrlb21.jpg?width=623&auto=webp&s=caa8017c8e96ddb0fb887af0bbd04ce30d2478b6.jpg

Really bad few days for the liberal fake news machine

Comment

• Has there been a bigger and more malicious MSM fake news story than the Covington kids debacle since Trump was elected? I don't think so. If you're in the media and wondering why there's so much animosity towards you.... THIS IS WHY.

Native Activist Who Harassed Catholic Teens Identified As Actor From 2012 Skrillex Video About Attacking Police

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

sure it does. You want this to hang out there for the leftist media to pick Trump apart, congressional Dems to set up investigations and file articles of impeachment, without a challenge to the credibility of the reporting.
                              What Jon is suggesting is that Trump may have ordered a DOJ response. I don't think this is entirely nonsensical. The question of independence of the DOJ from the President is a murky one as I understand it. The Executive clearly has authority over his cabinet - in this case the AG. But there are checks on this authority that have evolved since Watergate - again as I understand what I read about it. I'm not a legal scholar on these matters. They are squishy to say the least.

The bottom line for me is what is revealed in the Mueller report at least as it applies to the current discussion - did Trump tell Cohen to lie to Congress. Mueller either has the goods or he doesn't. I maintain that the Judiciary Committee is the final arbitrar with respect to articles of impeachment. The Mueller report will form just one source, among others, that will inform the Committee's deliberations to move forward with those articles.

Beyond that question there are more larger questions. Certainly, the Dems have demonstrated they may be out to get Trump and there is adequate evidence that the media is no friend. Such is life in American politics. Still, one has to ask, has Donald Trump acted in the best interests of the nation in carrying out his presidential duties? Is there evidence that he has sought advantage for his business endeavors with the Russians and elsewhere that may have compromised his ability to carry out his duties as President with regard to national security? That's up to Congress to decide..... it's a process. The rest is a side-show and should be ignored.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; January 20, 2019, 09:06 PM.
                              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X