X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sumner_caning.jpg

Comment

• never get tired of that pic

in other news an IG report came out with relaitively little fanfare yesterday. looks like horowitz is connecting the dots rather well. podcast of the report and her conclusion very interesting

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Five Saudi students in Oregon, all facing criminal charges, have simply vanished from the country. It's believed the Saudi government helped them all escape prosecution and get back home.

Comment

• Well before the dust-up with Preston Brooks and Charles Sumner, we had the Griswold-Lyon affair. Tobacco juice was spat, then a hickory cane was swung, and coal tongs were used. In fact, we just celebrated its 221st anniversary:

matthew-lyon-fight-display.jpg?n=2619.jpg

On this date, Representative Roger Griswold of Connecticut attacked Representative Matthew Lyon of Vermont on the House Floor (then located in Philadelphia’s Congress Hall). Incensed that the House failed to expel Lyon for spitting tobacco juice at him on January 30, 1798, Griswold sought justice against the “gross indecency” by caning Lyon on the House Floor. Lyon defended himself with a pair of fire tongs. Both Members were separated, and a resolution to expel them was defeated handily, 73 to 21. One contemporary cartoon depicted both Members jousting with cane and tongs in what the cartoonist described as “royal sport.” The episode revealed emergent political factionalism in the House at a time when formal parties had yet to fully form. Underlying the Lyon-Griswold incident was Griswold’s support for the John Adams administration’s hard-line diplomacy toward France and military preparations in the event of hostilities. Lyon believed that preparations for war would eventually precipitate war.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
            never get tired of that pic

in other news an IG report came out with relaitively little fanfare yesterday. looks like horowitz is connecting the dots rather well. podcast of the report and her conclusion very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJbp...ature=youtu.be
            Yeah so Tracy Beanz is a Q aka Qanon follower. So that really lends a TON of support to considering her credible.

So you believe millions of illegals are voting, Hillary had Seth Rich killed, and you float around in Qanon circles. CONNECT THE DOTS! CONNECT THE DOTS!

UaLpJOKh.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I think it definitely has to be viewed in the context of China and Russia. I don't know enough about it to have an absolute opinion on it, but as visceral matter, if Russia isn't abiding it and China isn't even obligated to limit intermediate-range deployment, I'm not sure why the US should be.
              Correct ..... and I do know something about this. Never mind my knowledge base is about 25+ years old.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Nodding at Stuart McLean. Froot Loops is proof of the benefits of exposure to other cultures. Froot, please get yourself into the basketball thread and share thoughts on Langford.

I like Lake Wobegone. He nails it in lots of ways. One needs to be patient to let those stories unfold. He did a wonderful monologue for PHC at the Ryman Theatre in Nashville some years back which was the most polite F-U to the south I've ever heard. Art.

In other news, speaking of politics, I may soon announce my candidacy for the Baltimore school board. Single-issue campaign: snow days only when there's actual fucking snow. They've just destroyed me this week. Tuesday I did take pictures of the kids sitting on a sled on a hill of wet grass, and doing "rain angels". Wish I'd been doing it since we moved to DC. I'd have quite the photo essay of No-Snow Snow Days. The mid-atlantic is just no place to be self-employed when your wife has the excuse of being an hour away by commuter train.

Comment

• God help those kids

Comment

• After I mentioned Stuart McLean I ventured down a rabbit hole. I was gutted when I heard he died. Two essays on the man the Christmas after he passed from his long suffering story editor Meg Masters and his producer Jess Milton.

I don't have much of an opinion on the Langford injury. It sucks, maybe they find a way but even with him I saw maybe a Final Four team at best. The most optimistic take is that Izzo can't tinker too much with fewer pieces, but that was probably a better theory last year with JJJ and Bridges on the team.

Remembering one of Canada’s consummate storytellers, whose narrative skill went far beyond evoking laughter
                    I spent more than ten years producing The Vinyl Cafe—and it was nowhere near enough time with the most generous man in Canada

Comment

• I really thought the Griswold-Lyon reference would get more play.

:::Leaving disappointed::::
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• How about the cunt turn herself in for identifying as a false person to manipulate the system for free college and other perks for being Native American?

Comment

• Just feels like Cory Booker's campaign is dead on arrival

Comment

• Still up lololol

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              Nodding at Stuart McLean. Froot Loops is proof of the benefits of exposure to other cultures. Froot, please get yourself into the basketball thread and share thoughts on Langford.

I like Lake Wobegone. He nails it in lots of ways. One needs to be patient to let those stories unfold. He did a wonderful monologue for PHC at the Ryman Theatre in Nashville some years back which was the most polite F-U to the south I've ever heard. Art.

In other news, speaking of politics, I may soon announce my candidacy for the Baltimore school board. Single-issue campaign: snow days only when there's actual fucking snow. They've just destroyed me this week. Tuesday I did take pictures of the kids sitting on a sled on a hill of wet grass, and doing "rain angels". Wish I'd been doing it since we moved to DC. I'd have quite the photo essay of No-Snow Snow Days. The mid-atlantic is just no place to be self-employed when your wife has the excuse of being an hour away by commuter train.
                              So... you are taking school photos for a living now? Is Baltimore as bad as Detroit?

Comment

Working...
                              X