No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile, Senator Mitch is going to force a vote on the Green New Deal. I guess we'll get an answer as to how mainstream it is in the D party.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• oof

dyzhtdjadcg21.jpg?width=529&auto=webp&s=0d71c45aa36e394873f801e0fb6da5c8b54dc4b0.jpg

Comment

• They'll vote present and nothing will come of it.

Comment

• that will not satisfy the real leader of the democrats, o Crazy Eyes Cortez.

Comment

• Could be interesting to gauge appetite, but it isn't specific legislation that can be voted on. Will be interesting to see if anyone brings up that McConnell won't even consider the conservative alternative. People are talking about Overton windows. On the other hand, there is an effort to get new subsidies for battery storage. Wall Street sees that solar/wind+giant battery is cheaper than any fossil fuel in an increasing proportion of the country. Shouldn't need subsidies, therefore, as there's already a profit margin and they understand how and why to get in early. But it sure would make sense given the pace of adoption. So, IMO, there's the big virtue-signalling circus and there's the small/feasible/practical options to pay attention to.

Comment

• m8yjjPFl.jpg

Comment

• ...asleep in chambers...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Screenshot 2019-02-13 at 11.23.38 AM.png
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Speaking on The Vergecasta new top tax rate of 70 percent

I wonder how long it will take the load of young D voters falling for the Green Deal BS, and among them other older idiots in the D party who should know better, to figure out how fucking ridiculous the D platform that is emerging on taxes actually is. I'm among those of you that are saying the D party, in an almost sure win situation in 2020, will fuck it up ...... again.

I too am not confident Biden will get the D nomination as it seems like those in the D party who should know better are seeing voter interest in Palin-Cortz and what they are peddling and willing to jump on to it to potentially win the WH. What they should be doing is shooting this shit down ..... advancing clear arguments for increasing tax revenues, like Bill Gates points out, has nothing to do with increasing the income tax rates on the wealthy.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's going to be a woman, whether it is Liz Warren, Gillibrand, Harris, Booker, Klobuchar, or other. The future is female afterall.

there is no way the dems nominate a man, especially a white man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          Speaking on The Vergecasta new top tax rate of 70 percent

I wonder how long it will take the load of young D voters falling for the Green Deal BS, and among them other older idiots in the D party who should know better, to figure out how fucking ridiculous the D platform that is emerging on taxes actually is. I'm among those of you that are saying the D party, in an almost sure win situation in 2020, will fuck it up ...... again.

I too am not confident Biden will get the D nomination as it seems like those in the D party who should know better are seeing voter interest in Palin-Cortz and what they are peddling and willing to jump on to it to potentially win the WH. What they should be doing is shooting this shit down ..... advancing clear arguments for increasing tax revenues, like Bill Gates points out, has nothing to do with increasing the income tax rates on the wealthy.

Jeff - you have your champion with Howard Schulz.

Comment

• ‘Bring back our #ChildhoodDiseases,’ the former Fox News producer wrote, ‘they keep you healthy & fight cancer.’ Surprise: she’s dangerously wrong.

Comment

• The shifting sands of Donald Trump

Public contradictions, walkbacks and flip-flops have become a hallmark of how Trump and his team responded to the Russia investigation. This interactive project highlights the top 15 examples of these flip-flops and contradictions, and is accompanied by nine new original videos.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Jeff - you have your champion with Howard Schulz.
                                Hack asked me a while back why I thought I was a "centrist." I didn't have time to answer that nor was I particularly interested in Hack's potential for his pedantry. I don't like being lectured to. This is an internet forum for God's sake.

Anyway, A Schulz candidacy as an independent in 2020 is definitely on my radar. He, IMO, is the quintessential centrist (Hack, there's your answer). He has a social conscience that I can get aboard with and is a clear thinking individual with respect to his fiscal and monetary ideas. I need to read his book ..... and will.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X