No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's approval numbers bottomed out around Christmas of 2017. Off the top of my head I don't remember a specific thing happening right around then.
    Tax cut
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Tax cut
      and it was only something like .1% worse than the Charlottesville fallout.

funny looking back, I said the Stormy story would have 0 impact, and I was correct.

Comment

• March 11 to April 3rd was the 5 point drop where there was nothing in the news but Trump and Russia. Right when he made his wiretap statement, and first called the allegations of the links between Russia and his associates a "witch hunt"

other significant drop/slide was after the firing of James Comey, again with all the Russia nonsense.
        Last edited by Kapture1; March 25, 2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Tax cut
          Right, duh, should have remembered that. But also that helped his numbers escape the dungeon. I just don't know if there's a single event that put them there in the first place. People expecting bad things in the tax bill, maybe?

As for you, Kapture, I don't know what else to tell you. Evan Hanni and crash admit Trump has massive personality issues. But they view Trump as a (flawed) means to an end; you seem to view him as the End itself. I'll stand by what I said about his first few months. It doesn't take long to make an impression on people and Trump assembled a terrible staff around him for a guy with zero government experience. Priebus was basically a limp dick as COS. You had Bannon in there offering terrible advice and leaking like a sieve, Spicer a horrendous press Sec and bad Comms shop in general, and Javanka could come and go into any highly classified meeting they pleased (which is again becoming a problem it seems). One has to wonder how much easier it would've been for Trump of Kushner hadn't gotten Chris Christie fired from the Transition. Not that he was highly likeable himself, but at least he was extremely experienced and generally knew what to expect.

Comment

• ocdfcgud26o21.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Right, duh, should have remembered that. But also that helped his numbers escape the dungeon. I just don't know if there's a single event that put them there in the first place. People expecting bad things in the tax bill, maybe?

As for you, Kapture, I don't know what else to tell you. Evan Hanni and crash admit Trump has massive personality issues. But they view Trump as a (flawed) means to an end; you seem to view him as the End itself. I'll stand by what I said about his first few months. It doesn't take long to make an impression on people and Trump assembled a terrible staff around him for a guy with zero government experience. Priebus was basically a limp dick as COS. You had Bannon in there offering terrible advice and leaking like a sieve, Spicer a horrendous press Sec and bad Comms shop in general, and Javanka could come and go into any highly classified meeting they pleased (which is again becoming a problem it seems). One has to wonder how much easier it would've been for Trump of Kushner hadn't gotten Chris Christie fired from the Transition. Not that he was highly likeable himself, but at least he was extremely experienced and generally knew what to expect.
              I don't know what to tell you either, people can stomach a jackass better as POTUS than a fucking traitor to the nation.

Your side fucked up. The President thanks you for this political gift.

Comment

• Your side fucked up. The President thanks you for this political gift.
                Well, wait a minute. If PDJT's tanking in the approval numbers was, in fact, due to Russa (+Charlottesville) then did the Ds really fuck up? If the story and nonstop coverage spiked his numbers then the only way it was a fuck up is if the backlash ends up giving him a net overall boost.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• ...haven't seen the D's in mourning like this since Hitlary lost...heh
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The entire mainstream media now has as much credibility as Alex Jones.

Does anyone want to speculate on whether CNN, The Young Turks, MSNBC, etc will be delisted or flagged on social networks now that they have been conclusively proven to be fake news? They have all promised that they are going to crack down on fake news. Andrew Yang has proposed a Ministry of Truth type agency in the government that will censor fake news. Somebody should ask him whether Russiagate qualifies now.

Comment

Well, wait a minute. If PDJT's tanking in the approval numbers was, in fact, due to Russa (+Charlottesville) then did the Ds really fuck up? If the story and nonstop coverage spiked his numbers then the only way it was a fuck up is if the backlash ends up giving him a net overall boost.
                        i think Russia would be more of a problem for Trump if it wasn't amplified like it was to the point of Muller's appointment. because now we have a definitive answer to the question.

if they dialed it back 500 or so % they could have drug this out to 2020. now they just lost that entire line of attack.

they also proved Trump right about fake news. thing is if you believe the news. then you still to this day think Trump called neo Nazis and white supremacists "very fine people"

you don't try to convince the other side. you try to convince those in the middle who up until now believed the news, believed Trump colluded based on said reporting.
                        Last edited by Kapture1; March 25, 2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          T.... will be delisted or flagged on social networks now that they have been conclusively proven to be fake news? ....

So what exactly has been proven to be fake news? Trump campaign contacts with Russians? Nope. Trump campaign attempting to collude by sprinting to meetings with Russians to "get dirt'? Nope. That Trump is an incessant, pathological liar? Nope. That Trump is undermining national institutions? Nope. That Trump has engaged in obstruction? Nope. That Trump accepts protection money through Inauguration Committee "donations"? Nope. That Trump wipes his ass with the Constitution (see fake emergency)? Nope.

So other than what comes out of Faux News and Baghdad Sarah's mouth, what constitutes fakes news you're so worried about?
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• This is pretty good:

Candidates Propose Changes To Fix Flaw In Constitution That Allows Republicans To Be Elected

WASHINGTON, D.C.—A number of Democrats have proposed changes to the structure of government that they think would help them win, such as lowering the voting age to 16, abolishing the Electoral College, packing the Supreme Court, and changing how Senate seats are allocated. Now, though, some of the Democratic presidential hopefuls are attacking the heart of the matter: what they call an “outdated Constitution” that sometimes “allows Republicans to be elected.”
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• article-3907-2.jpg
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Babylon Bee is apparently a right-wing Onion:

Babylon Bee is the definitive source of fake news you can trust.

Comment

Working...
                                X