Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I think they confiscated some funds to offset that cost. Or at least I heard that from someone. Maybe DSL.
    AA- In the last figure I saw, they had seized over $40 Million in asset forfeiture from Paul Manafort. So unless they really ran up the costs in the investigation's last months, the government actually made money off the investigation.

EDIT: Would be a question for a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't get that back if he's pardoned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

AA- In the last figure I saw, they had seized over $40 Million in asset forfeiture from Paul Manafort. So unless they really ran up the costs in the investigation's last months, the government actually made money off the investigation.

EDIT: Would be a question for a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't get that back if he's pardoned.
      and the reputations of those that have been irreversibly ruined in this process? fuck them, the government made 15 million?

side note to Manafort... they could have gone after him several times in the past decade and time and time again chose not to.

I will also ask what happened with Tony Podesta? in regards to the lobbying charge that Manafort got, Podesta was guilty of it as well.

Comment

• Comment

• Russian Dipping Sauce lol good one Wiz lmao now stfu

Comment

• e4kba0faw9o21.jpg?width=388&auto=webp&s=605bc1c46e879912f218ed70e57a422119ee5059.jpg

Comment

• Walls are closing in ---- Froot Loops

Comment

• Drip Drip Drip

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

and the reputations of those that have been irreversibly ruined in this process? fuck them, the government made 15 million?
                  Oh quit whining. Manafort committed numerous crimes and deserves his fate. I don't give a shit if the investigation's original intent was something else. What, if they found the bodies of 15 dead children in his basement, you would be saying the same thing? He should get out right now because the original investigation was, in your mind, tainted?

I actually don't think Trump will pardon him because you might as well say bank fraud and tax evasion shouldn't be considered crimes (Trump probably doesn't see anything wrong with either but he knows it's politically more problematic). I can definitely see him pardoning Flynn at some point.

Comment

• Wait, Manafort killed 15 Russian Kids?
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't think we are going to get the Avenatti v. Trump mano-a-mano debate we all deserve.

Again, the investigation was based on the Russians hacking into the DNC. Mueller proved that. Back in 2016 guys like Kapture, WingsFan and The Geezer were saying the Democrats were making that up. They clearly weren't. Kapture is clutching his pearls while treasuring the Benghazi and Whitewater investigations.

Just release the full report and redact the bare minimum, it should be available like the Starr Report was 20 years ago. We need to see why Trump couldn't be exonerated of Obstruction of Justice.

Comment

• Got to give DSL credit for coming in here today --- lots of balls (or stupid). Those goal posts can't move enough though.

Avenatti was interview 59 times on CNN in 8 weeks

CNN and MSNBC 108 times

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Wait, Manafort killed 15 Russian Kids?
                          We would need more testimony from his daughter on that one. I would bet more on the deceased being Ukrainian.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Wait, Manafort killed 15 Russian Kids?
                            He killed 17 angry Democrats plus the owner of the Red Pony restaurant who refused service to Sarah Huckabee Sanders and buried them in his Alexandria townshouse.

Did you know that if the cops have a warrant to search your house for tax documents, then don't find any but find plenty of dead bodies, there's not a damn thing they can do about it because the investigation was about tax fraud and not murder? Counselor Kapture has spoken.

Comment

• r9pc1r0bp9o21.jpg?width=449&auto=webp&s=17631ad0e1ffad31969a10fa78c9cc43c40aba82.jpg

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X