No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f484n4ut96o21.png?width=674&auto=webp&s=5fea67fc3cde1ab78d8139749479b07108c0332a.png

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Some action in Gaza? That ought prompt the New Faces of the Democrats into some good comments.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

nope, its the democrat's turn under the microscope
          Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham said Monday that he will probe alleged abuses of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) at the onset of the Russia investigation, while simultaneously calling on Attorney General Bill Barr to appoint a new special counsel to investigate the “other side of the story.”

Comment

• Take the L FL and move on, its better this way.

Comment

• This is complicated stuff but Felix Sater is being sued by some bank in Kazakhstan for allegedly laundering money for the same bank's Ex-President, some $4B which the guy embezzled. Part of the plan originally involved hiding the money in the Trump Tower-Moscow project but when that fell through he helped shift it elsewhere. Sater is testifying before Congress on Wednesday

Comment

• Both Canada and Mexico showing signs of unrest because they thought that by agreeing to the USMCA, tariffs on steel and aluminum would be lifted. But Trump and his trade representatives are now saying that they plan to keep the tariffs in place indefinitely or replaced by quotas. Canada sending signals it has little incentive to pass the new agreement before those tariffs are lifted.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                    so the Russians hacked Hillary's email

yet another reason her dumb ass shouldn't have had a private server

of course the dems want to talk about other things

the dossier was a tool to try to rig an election and frame a president

No they didn't hack her server, they hacked the DNC.

Comment

• Sater has been postponed.

Comment

• I look at it this way. Nobody with a brain, and using it, making even a modest attempt to keep up, thought Trump was guilty of working with the Russians to get himself elected.

Having said that, there is a heap of evidence that he was involved in business related activity that was illegal. There's a lot of gray area with respect to where that potentially illegal business activity and the financing of his campaign overlap. Is this worth pursuing while Trump is in the WH? Politically, yes and as it relates to the success or failure of his 2020 campaign. Legally? No.

A week or so ago, I opined that the ball was in Congress' court with respect to determining if Trump met the hazy definition of having committed high crimes and misdemeanors such crimes being related to his business activities while he was in office. I don't know if the Mueller report deals with that question. Clearly Barr, in his letter, focused in on the coordination of campaign activity with "the Russian Government" and stated there was none. Fine, you can parse words here but it's a waste of time, IMO. Barr also notes there was insufficient evidence to support a charge of obstruction .... and you can parse words here too. Another waste of time.

For the haters, take the L and move on.

I would like to know if Mueller and his team or any other US Attorney's did have the goods on Trump's business activities and if he did, did he simply punt. Moreover, who did he punt to? Barr? I guess that would be the case. If that is correct, Barr can refuse to release the entire report to the Judiciary Committee and probably be completely within his legal right to do so.

At this point, all of that is a sideshow...... for now. It could rear it's head and leaks of the reports content are a given. Trump's enemies will get the report and see it. Smart money is going to let Trump sink or swim on a trade deal with China, immigration policy and a continuation of his agenda of deregulation ........ these policy agendas of PDJT I generally support.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 25, 2019, 05:14 PM.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• My God...you are either gullible...or just plain fucking stupid.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Why have you ruled out both?
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Jeff - the business dealings may have been farmed out according to the Barr summary. I say may because it isn't specific. Just that several matters were referred to other offices for further action, whatever that means.

Comment

• Dems will avoid a messy primary in Arizona with Gallego announcing he won't run. Leaves ex-astronaut Mark Kelly (who is Gabby Giffords' husband) to challenge Martha McSally in 2020.

Rep. Ruben Gallego said Monday he won't run for the Senate in 2020, clearing the path to the Democratic nomination for retired astronaut Mark Kelly.

Comment

Working...
                                X