Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are not going to take an L and "move on"

They have spent 2 years accusing the president of treason to this nation. This isn't going to be a spike the football for a day thing, and they are not going to get to just move on from this.

Comment

• Trump DOJ says it will not defend ANY part of the ACA and believes the District Court judge ruling should stand. The Texas judge's decision rendered the entire law unconstitutional, including the provisions to protect pre-existing conditions.

This is a good way to draw distinctions between the parties going into 2020. And public sentiment has swung away from the GOP on this.

Comment

• Gallego would have been the better bet in that race.

Comment

• They are not going to take an L and "move on"
          Newest Liberal word is "handpicked" as if that made any difference in the No Collusion ruling. Every A.G is handpicked by the sitting President. If you still cant tell these Crooks get together to figure out how to best brainwash the masses, you're not paying attention. Listen for it "handpicked, handpicked,handpicked........

54390818_1578459192288112_6494335184022798336_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=b6002be322dd8d9c65120e2d98c877ef&oe=5D4B001B.jpg

Comment

• Mat(t)ress

Comment

• D2jBmsxX4AAevVy.jpg:large.jpg

Comment

• From Avenatti's California indictment, in Dec. of 2017, Avenatti got a $1.6 M settlement and instead of giving the client their share, he kept it all himself. Told the client nothing about it. Wow

Comment

• In a stunning escalation, the Justice Department wants the courtsWhy it matters: It raises both the real-world and political stakes in a lawsuit where both were already very high. If DOJ ultimately gets its way here, the ripple effects would be cataclysmic. The ACA's insurance exchanges would go away. So would its Medicaid expansion. Millions would lose their coverage.The state of play: Politically, this makes no sense. Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi must be dancing in the streets.
                  • specifically pre-existing conditionsin an unpleasant bind.
                  • Now the administration is doubling down, putting even more people's coverage on the chopping block.
                  Where it stands: Judge Reed O'Connor ruled in December that the ACA's individual mandate has become unconstitutional, and that the whole law must fall along with it.
                  • one-page filing last night, DOJ said the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals should affirm O'Connor's entire ruling.
                  What they're saying:
                  • "The bad faith on display here is jaw-dropping," pro-ACA legal expert Nick Bagley writes.
                  • "I was among those who cheered the selection of William Barr as Attorney General and hoped his confirmation would herald the elevation of law over politics within the Justice Department. I am still hopeful, but this latest filing is not a good sign," said Jonathan Adler, a conservative law professor who helped spearhead the last big ACA lawsuit.

https://www.axios.com/affordable-car...df25bf017.html

Comment

• And here's a poll showing even a slight majority of Republicans are worried about the impact this lawsuit will have if the government's position and the Texas judge's ruling are upheld

Comment

• Strangelove's beloved Kevin Williamson on not Mueller...but rather the greatness of American Natural Gas production and such: https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...ction-cleaner/

In addition to his correctly railing against, e.g., stupid ass NY laws, this nugget was pretty cool: https://www.netpower.com/ -- a natural gas power plant that produces zero air emissions through the Allam Cycle. Of course, a beta model plant is one thing, scaleability is another. But, I wasn't aware of the technology before reading and I thought it pretty interesting.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Texas case only matters when the 5th Circuit rules. Until then, it's nothing. But, I'm sure Axios is frothing.

Comment

• From Avenatti's California indictment, in Dec. of 2017, Avenatti got a $1.6 M settlement and instead of giving the client their share, he kept it all himself. Told the client nothing about it. Wow
                          Remember when CNN sort of treated him as a serious presidential candidate? Remember when he was on CNN/MSNBC 108 times during a two month stretch?

BOMBSHELLZZZ!!!

Anyway, yes, he's trash. He is to lawyers what Alabam"Alum" is to nurses and Wizard is bowling alley concession stand attendants.

Comment

• I still can't believe Mueller didn't find collusion -- I mean, wasn't he aware of the Ukraine policy change in the R convention plank? WASN'T HE AWARE?????

LMAO. Thank god the process played out. God bless process.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Strangelove's beloved Kevin Williamson on not Mueller...but rather the greatness of American Natural Gas production and such: https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...ction-cleaner/

In addition to his correctly railing against, e.g., stupid ass NY laws, this nugget was pretty cool: https://www.netpower.com/ -- a natural gas power plant that produces zero air emissions through the Allam Cycle. Of course, a beta model plant is one thing, scaleability is another. But, I wasn't aware of the technology before reading and I thought it pretty interesting.
                              Kinda glad New York has a moratorium...nat gas prices are low enough as it is. We've talked about drilling there for a decade because it's just across the border from one of the most productive areas in the East. There would be flood of drilling overnight. Honestly, this industry can be very irrational. "Slow and steady" is a model followed by very, very few companies and I suspect most of them are private.

I have never heard anything about Massachusetts so they and Vermont can do wtf they want.

It's actually at a point where I'm starting to worry about the near-term future of the exploration industry, especially if a worldwide recession is imminent. A lot of companies were putting their eggs in the LNG basket and hoping to export but global prices are tumbling too as everyone gets on the fracing train. I saw recently that gas in Japan was down to $5...which is really low for an island country that (I think) has no resources of its own and has to import everything.

The boom days are over for Ohio, I'm afraid, unless there's a significant new find. Cabot drilled 4 test/exploration wells in the Ashland/Mansfield area in a new formation during the past year. But they were complete duds and Cabot's walking away.

Comment

• Interesting. Well, to my mind over-supply is better than a shortage, but I can see the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X