No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My money is on China crushing the protests either through force or by attrition. In two short years, the United States is no longer respected or feared, only laughed at on the world stage. China now looks at that 1/3 of the world as now under its sphere of influence. Such is the vacuum Trump's lack of foreign policy has created. China will do as it pleases with impunity. If anything other than the HK internal security forces get involved, consider it a dry run for Taiwan. There's a chance the proposed law will be withdrawn but no movement on that possibility. I think China will secretly try to stir up violence to justify military suppression if their patience wears thin.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Good riddance, Sarah Huckabee!! Best of luck in Arkansas!

Comment

• Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; June 13, 2019, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• sarah sanders had a no win job surrounded on a daily basis by a bunch of sharks looking for blood on one hand---- trying to defend a president who politically was about as far out there as you could get and communicated with the American people by the hour--- often contradicting himself every other day

she did a pretty good job if you ask me
          Last edited by crashcourse; June 13, 2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
            sarah sanders had a no win job surrounded on a daily basis by a bunch of sharks looking for blood on one hand---- trying to defend a president who politically was about as far out there as you could get and communicated with the American people by the hour--- often contradicting himself every other day

she did a pretty good job if you ask me

Comment

• Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf is very, very proud of her. Maybe they'll join forces and form a consulting and lobbying company.

I hope Rudi the brown nosed lawyer will take her place, for entertainment purposes only.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Republican Senators who don't think it's okay to accept foreign help to get elected and pushed back on Trump's "everybody does it". The was little direct criticism of Trump but none of these people would endorse the idea that there's no difference in getting "dirt" from a US citizen and dirt from a foreign national/foreign government. Please add to the list of Ahabs. There's probably others, but I only mentioned ones mentioned in this article.

Lindsey Graham
                Mitt Romney
                John Cornyn
                Joni Ernst
                John Kennedy
                James Lankford
                Cory Gardner
                Johnny Isakson
                Tim Scott
                Susan Collins
                Even fucking Jim Inhofe...who's typically a fanatical defender of Trump...said Call the FBI

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...emarks-1364220

Comment

• I think it's wrong ....... but so is most of the shit that goes on during elections for the presidency or otherwise. All Trump is doing when he says, "everyone does it," is outing the nasty underbelly of the politics of getting elected. There is absolutely nothing new here. I'd like all candidates seeking elected positions to be squeaky clean and entirely above gathering dirt on their opponents from wherever it might come from ..... heh, yeah, that will happen.

...... and I'll accept getting pilloried by the high-minded Ahabs here for not having higher standards and expectations that politicians conform to them. Lol!!! Call the FBI on every official who got elected in the past 100 years or so.
                  Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 13, 2019, 08:26 PM.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Of course you would, MAGA all the way

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                      I think it's wrong ....... but so is most of the shit that goes on during elections for the presidency or otherwise. All Trump is doing when he says, "everyone does it," is outing the nasty underbelly of the politics of getting elected. There is absolutely nothing new here. I'd like all candidates seeking elected positions to be squeaky clean and entirely above gathering dirt on their opponents from wherever it might come from ..... heh, yeah, that will happen.

...... and I'll accept getting pilloried by the high-minded Ahabs here for not having higher standards and expectations that politicians conform to them. Lol!!! Call the FBI on every official who got elected in the past 100 years or so.
                      It's something of a miracle that his supporters can admit he lies all the time but still somehow insist that, at the end of the day, he's more "honest" than everyone else.

He's a liar, Jeff. His entire career and so-called empire are lies. There is absolutely no reason to believe Trump is more trustworthy than the average politician. I'd argue, he's less. Apparently he's managed to convince you that openly insulting people by name = more honest, more genuine, more trustworthy. It just makes him more of an infantile asshole, is all.

One minute you're admitting Trump's mouth is his own worst enemy and the next minute you're demanding everyone praise the emperor's new clothes for the country's sake. In the end, Trump never, ever has to live up to the same standards that you expect from every single ordinary American. Frankly, I think you have the expectations for behavior completely backwards.

Comment

• FEC Chair speaks

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

It's something of a miracle that his supporters can admit he lies all the time but still somehow insist that, at the end of the day, he's more "honest" than everyone else.

He's a liar, Jeff. His entire career and so-called empire are lies. There is absolutely no reason to believe Trump is more trustworthy than the average politician. I'd argue, he's less. Apparently he's managed to convince you that openly insulting people by name = more honest, more genuine, more trustworthy. It just makes him more of an infantile asshole, is all.

One minute you're admitting Trump's mouth is his own worst enemy and the next minute you're demanding everyone praise the emperor's new clothes for the country's sake. In the end, Trump never, ever has to live up to the same standards that you expect from every single ordinary American. Frankly, I think you have the expectations for behavior completely backwards.
                          He is the 5th avenue voter

Comment

FEC Chair speaks

When the First Traitor completes his Hooked On Phonics course, maybe he can read the statement and have Ms Weintraub 'splain it to him.

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; June 13, 2019, 09:52 PM.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

It's something of a miracle that his supporters can admit he lies all the time but still somehow insist that, at the end of the day, he's more "honest" than everyone else...... He's a liar, Jeff. His entire career and so-called empire are lies. There is absolutely no reason to believe Trump is more trustworthy than the average politician. I'd argue, he's less.
                                Did I say that Trump is more honest than the others? Nope. I said he is just like every other official either in or running for public office when it comes to digging up dirt on whomever might be running against them or is critical of them while in office. Nothing more ...... why do you expand the scope of the post I responded to? BTW under the Federal Law quoted by Chairman Weintraus is obtaining information from any source that casts dispersions on the character or behavior of an opponent in an election the same things as accepting a donation or something of value from them? IMO, No. Not even close.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Apparently he's managed to convince you that openly insulting people by name = more honest, more genuine, more trustworthy. It just makes him more of an infantile asshole, is all.

In what context have I said or even implied Trump is more honest than the rest? Where have I made a post that would lead you to believe I think openly insulting people by name = being more honest ........?

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Trump IS his own worst enemy when it comes to his dumb-ass often infantile and narcissistic tweets and his frequent public statements that contradict officials within his administration. I think he is a buffoon and have made that clear on any number of occasions here. There should be no doubt about where I stand on Trump as a person and his lack of honesty or his often foolish and egotistical behavior.

Moreover and in response to your sentence beginning, "In the end ......," politicians and lawyers as a class are not ordinary Americans whom I would expect to be honest and trustworthy until proven that they are not. I go in thinking politicians and lawyers, at best, operate in a world with a lot of gray area or, at worst, a world where there is no dividing line between what is right and wrong. That's just my experience and probably the way it is, like it or not.

What I do support when it comes to this presidency, and the role of the executive is not the person who is Donald Trump but rather most of his administration's policies and the need to support the role of the executive in implementing them. I really don't think you and I would agree on the fundamentals of some of those polices and certainly not the means of this president in implementing them but that is beside the point .......

That he is the front-man for them is unfortunately an unavoidable necessity, barring a run at impeachment, which members of his administration have to deal with. Some of us, you not included - and not because you are stupid, far from it, can see past the ugly rhetoric directed at the president and the potential damage, beyond what PDJT does himself, that harm the nation's vital interests. I can see past this man's obvious faults and find value in what he is trying to do. You can't, won't or whatever one chooses to characterize your position.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X