No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I watched that interview at the gym, the dude is not right.

Comment

• Total shitshow. And yeah, Cuomo's a piece of shit too. But Rudy's a goddamn mess.

Next time Donnie, don't hire geriatric, senile, desperate-for-cash, way over-the-hill losers to carry out your dirty tricks.

Comment

• Rudy was so hot and bothered after the interview was over that he's posted this. He is basically acknowledging here that Trump personally told Zelensky to investigate Biden.

Comment

• Maybe Bolton is the whistleblower. That would be off the hook.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Maybe Bolton is the whistleblower. That would be off the hook.
            People have also speculated Dan Coats himself or Sue Gordon (Coats' #2 who was forced out). They were both forced to quit right around the same time the complaint was filed.

Comment

• Rudy realizing it's all unraveling. 3 fucking alimony payments. Most recent wife is taking him to the cleaners.

Whatta shitshow.

Comment

• Nothing will come of it even if the scheme as it's sketched is directly spelled out by the whistleblower.

Comment

• Comment

• Yeah, that was interesting. What I'm reading about that split is that it signals one of the most disparate views in memory among the voting members of the FRB of the US and global economy. It is also representative of the complexity of setting US monetary policy in the current world order. Those voting for more stimulus tend to see the China-US trade tensions as a bigger short term threat to maximizing employment, stabilizing prices, and moderating long-term interest rates in the US than those voting for no more stimulus and taking the long view. As well, those voting for no more stimulus see a dwindling capacity of the Fed to react to a recession in Europe that impacts the US economy negatively and the predicted slow down of the global economy in general over the next year.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I thought this was worth mentioning here: Houston and the Texas coastal communities took a huge hit from Hurricane Imelda. This one didn't have catastrophic winds but it did have devastating floods from unimaginable amounts of rain - like 45" in some spots. Houston Hobby International Airport had 23" and closed down to reopen today. The sad part is that it seems people sort of blew off the risks and a lot of folks got trapped in rapidly rising water. The Houston FD did 918 water rescues yesterday. Their are videos of kids who were in school with the schools flooding - not just a little. Life threatening waist high water. It is getting some news coverage and will get more but it's really awful.

To my point: I've been watching hurricane seasons that run from late June to late October for 10y. That's because I own property in S FL and I sail in and around the British Virgin Islands a good bit. The number and destructiveness of tropical storms that develop off the E. coast of Africa, traverse the Caribbean Basin and E. Atlantic then either move N/out to sea hitting the Bahamas and Bermuda or head to the US coastal regions of the SE has increased substantially. This season may have the most tropical depressions that turn into Hurricanes in history. Not all of these are hitting the US, not all of them have Cat 5 (winds >140) strength but almost all of them this time around are producing these unimaginable amounts of rain. One of them laid waste to the Abacos - part of the island chain of the Bahamas. Thousands were rendered homeless, jobless and destitute.

There is still no scientific link between global warming and the increase in destructive hurricane activity but, I heard a news piece on the PBS News Hour yesterday reporting on what Iceland is experiencing with the melting glaciers, a scientist there said when asked how she might answer the global warming skeptics, "open your eyes. The impact is all around us."

I'm among the doubters when it comes to these unproven links but it is hard to ignore what we can see and think there is no connection here. Anyway, it's sad the suffering this weather is bringing. Video of a woman in Houston with her three kids in a shelter, weeping and saying she has no home left (it got swept away by swift flooding), no job (she worked retail and her work place was flooded and badly damaged), no money and can't fathom starting over. She was lost. Troubling.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Jim Geraghty on PDJT/Ukraine and a little on Hunter Biden, too. The general gist is PDJT always calls for investigations. The issue is quid quo pro. It's also worth noting that you may not want to cast your lot with Hunter Biden. Or rather, tread lightly in how you approach this issue. Politics tends to turn the "unfairly targeted" into heroes and often times with negative repercussions. So, I very much agree with Geraghty implication that the issue is PDJT's hypothetical behavior, not that he wants some sort of angel investigated. Or, "How Dare he pay the Ukraine to investigate shit!" vs. "How dare he want Hunter Biden's gas shenanigans investigated!"

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Call it bad timing, or an unhappy coincidence, or what have you, but a few weeks after Trump had his apparently passionate phone call decrying Ukrainian corruption, the admin publicly announced they were suspending and reviewing all military aid to Ukraine (It was just recently restored).

That makes it look worse. If Ukraine really turns out to be at the center of this complaint.

Comment

• not sure why anybody thinks this is new. vanity fair had a whole story on it in may of this year

New reporting raises the question: were Hunter and Joe Biden’s overlapping interests in Ukraine coincidental, or corrupt? Or is Rudy Giuliani just pulling the media’s strings?

story is dated may 2

wouldn't you want to know if the potential democratic nominee was in with the ukranians!

Comment

• Comment

• This the end of Trump!

Comment

Working...
                                X