No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's Donald Trump on Chris Wallace today. I saw this interview and Wallace repeatedly called out Scalise's lies.

As Wallace said obviously: "I'm not the one with daddy issue"

Comment

• Would encourage people to go and look for video coming out of Hong Kong over the past 24-48 hours. Particularly related to Polytech U.

Comment

• Stories spread of a growing rift between Trump and Pompeo. Trump blames Pompeo for hiring "Never Trumpers" and not keeping them in line.

Comment

• Emails obtained by CBS show Doug Manchester, a San Diego billionaire, offering to make a significant (around $500,000) donation to the RNC on the condition he was confirmed as Ambassador to the Bahamas

The RNC has since returned all money it's ever received from Manchester (he gave $1M to the inaugural committee), cut all ties, and his nomination to the post (which has been stalled for 2 years) has been officially pulled.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/doug-ma...ion-uncovered/

Comment

• They still haven't returned the money donated by Steve Wynn.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              They still haven't returned the money donated by Steve Wynn.
              Ha I forgot all about that.

This genius Manchester CC'd two Senators (including Rand Paul) on his offer of give me the post, I'll give you the money. I have to wonder if the RNC would've done anything if those Senate offices hadn't been looped in on the offer...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Stories spread of a growing rift between Trump and Pompeo. Trump blames Pompeo for hiring "Never Trumpers" and not keeping them in line.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...roles-n1082716
                A couple of months ago before I abandoned my support the presidency but not Trump position, I viewed the musical chair shit in the WH and various key departmental jobs as the boss picking those around him as his right to do so. But in retrospect, it was his bat-shit crazy, narcissistic approach to presidential leadership.

If he ends up firing Pompeo, there should be no question that he has lost his fucking mind. My advice to other foreign powers: ignore this idiot that currently occupies the WH.

I'm to the point that removing Trump via impeachment can't happen soon enough. I'd add that his recent behaviors should convince anyone on the fence about this in the Senate that a vote to convict at trial has to be based on the best interests of the nation and not on fear of political fall-out from what amounts to the idiot base that still supports this guy.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Like Pompeo has to be one of the worst Secretaries of State ever, if not the worst but what Trump is mad about is crazy. He is basically putting Popmpeo on the hook for not being able to fill enough people in the State department to go along with the rampant corruption. Pompeo is actually all for rampant corruption but there is only so much he can do.

Comment

• There's been a hiring freeze at the State Dept for 3 years now. Tillerson bitched but still complied with the directive. Perhaps it's an encouraging sign that the supply for slavish, amoral Trumpanzees is not meeting demand.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• No intention to support Pompeo. He's been a water bucket carrier for Trump's policies ....... they start out decently and at face value may have looked ok but Trump has managed, in just about every case, later to step in to confuse or contradict State, those he's dealing with or are the targets of a particular approach.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Trump and Fed Chair Powell had a previously unscheduled meeting this morning. In what I would say is a fairly unusual move, Trump met him in the Residence instead of the Oval office. Trump tweeted that they had had an enjoyable, cordial talk. The Fed's statement was a lot drier than that and the last paragraph raising some eyebrows:

Finally, Chair Powell said that he and his colleagues on the Federal Open Market Committee will set monetary policy, as required by law, to support maximum employment and stable prices and will make those decisions based solely on careful, objective and non-political analysis.

Why would Powell feel the need to reiterate that he will not set monetary policy based on political considerations? Hmmm, I wonder

Comment

• America's Kwame Kilpatrick is not happy with a book he hasn't read.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Pompeo says at press conference that he 'always' defends State Dept employees. He was then asked if he agree with Trump's tweet bashing Yovanovitch. He said he'd defer to the White House on that. Refused to say anything more about the "Democrats Impeachment Effort". Was asked if he still had confidence in Bill Taylor. Refused to answer. Asked if anyone had any substantive questions. This guy's always been a short-tempered, nasty prick with the press but he's getting worse because somewhere deep inside he's ashamed of the level of toadyism he's stooped to to further his political ambitions.

Comment

• If he was ashamed, he'd resign. He's perfectly willing to lick ass to keep wallowing in undeserved power.

Comment

Working...
                                X