No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chillbox is down to $1.45 a gallon. It must be noted that this place is under new ownership and it is consistently the lowest price you can find. I normally never notice gas prices.

When I was working in Orlando the Shell station across from my hotel the gas price was always $5.99 a gallon. It never changed and you would see people filling up, probably foreign tourists who didn't know any better.

Comment

• A decent link from Reuters, tracking the virus on a US county level.

https://graphics.reuters.com/HEALTH-...423/index.html

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Completely useless trivia: In 1974, Ramesses II was issued an Egyptian passport (nearly 3 thousand years after his death) so that he could be transported to Paris for an irradiated treatment to prevent a fungoid growth.

42741164_2302733256435105_18416308664139776_o-scaled.jpg
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It would be interesting to know in depth the hospitalization rates and severity of the age ranges. My personal opinion based on what I know is the people over 70 with pre-existing conditions being the most vulnerable was being oversold. Those are still the most vulnerable groups but younger fitter people are also getting to be in critical condition.

Comment

• Hospitalization vs mortality is what I'd like to see. I think we have a pretty decent sense of mortality from China, South Korea and Italy. Hospitalization is an unknown.

The Diamond Princess also remains an interesting data point.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• In some encouraging news, Itally is now at 4 straight days with new cases below its peak case day. It's logarithmic curve is flattening, so it's rate of new case is significantly dropping. They're still adding a bunch of new cases a day, but, again, the decreasing rate is a positive.

Comment

• Also, "younger" people are going to die. We're dealing with large numbers. At 0.2% you're going to see an occasional 20-30 yr old dying.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Hospitalization vs mortality is what I'd like to see. I think we have a pretty decent sense of mortality from China, South Korea and Italy. Hospitalization is an unknown.

The Diamond Princess also remains an interesting data point.
                  From South Korea and Italy. China's numbers are probably massaged a bit.

Agree with Diamond Princess as well. The fact they found it on stuff 17 days after the last person was on board is disturbing even if it could not infect. That suggests a long shelf life even after deep cleaning. And it brings up another question. Could the virus become active again even if it goes into a dormant stage?
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The Diamond Princess is mostly a positive data point except for the dormant virus. That's no bueno.

I'm assuming China's death numbers are relatively accurate. But, yeah -- I wouldn't trust anything from those fuckers.

Comment

• You sir...are a xenophobe...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, I don't fear Xenos, I just hate them.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          In some encouraging news, Itally is now at 4 straight days with new cases below its peak case day. It's logarithmic curve is flattening, so it's rate of new case is significantly dropping. They're still adding a bunch of new cases a day, but, again, the decreasing rate is a positive.
                          Related to this is that the number of new deaths specifically in Lombardy dropped from 402 yesterday to 296 deaths today. Supposedly that's the first time the number of new deaths in the region has gone down, about 3 weeks after shutdown.

Comment

• As you noted, one of the real problems, in terms of capacity, is the 2-3 week period it takes this plague to run its course.

Comment

• Anyone know anything about what's going on in the Albany, GA area? I was just looking around on the Johns Hopkins map and that county (Dougherty) has an unusually high number of cases (over a hundred) for a fairly small, off-the-beaten path county. More than any county in the Florida panhandle or around Jacksonville and more than anywhere else in Georgia outside Atlanta. Maybe it got inside a church?

Did find the article below. The local hospital only has 3 legit ICUs, they built a makeshift 4th, and are already kicking patients out of them for people in worse condition

Comment

• Chris Hutchinson worked back-to-back 10-hours shifts as a doctor in the Beaumont Royal Oak emergency room over the weekend and worked another on Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                                X