Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Anyone know anything about what's going on in the Albany, GA area? I was just looking around on the Johns Hopkins map and that county (Dougherty) has an unusually high number of cases (over a hundred) for a fairly small, off-the-beaten path county. More than any county in the Florida panhandle or around Jacksonville and more than anywhere else in Georgia outside Atlanta. Maybe it got inside a church?

Did find the article below. The local hospital only has 3 legit ICUs, they built a makeshift 4th, and are already kicking patients out of them for people in worse condition

https://www.thestate.com/news/article241460481.html
    There is a Marine base there. At capacity about 3000 Marines/contractors. My BIL was a LtC there.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

That's true. However, -- and I'm no scientist -- it's meeting no resistance. There's no need to change up the gameplan. It's scoring every time it has the ball. It's like Ryan Day going against a Don Brown defense.
      Our DBs were practicing social distancing before it was cool.

Leaders and best, folks. Leaders and best.

Comment

• Just spent the last hour or so out at the fire pit with the wife. Pretty peaceful except we saw one private plane fly overhead. (Style of an old Beech Bonanza.) With a stay at home order in place, how the hell is this guy out flying about?
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• All 94 residents of a nursing home in New Jersey are being relocated to a hospital after 24 tests came back positive and nearly everyone else living there is now being presumed to be infected.

St. Joseph’s Senior Nursing Home in Woodbridge already has 24 people who tested positive, with 70 more expected to also test positive.

Comment

• I hope other hospitals around NYC are managing because this one in Queens is completely overrun and turning into a nightmare

Hospitals in the city are facing the kind of harrowing increases in cases that overwhelmed health care systems in China and Italy.

Comment

• Comment

• PLEASE SUBSCRIBE IF YOU LIKE IT - MORE TO COME! Now available on Spotify (https://open.spotify.com/album/5FfDlVH9agYsGsyVzxfR2p) and iTunes (https://music.ap...

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

There is a Marine base there. At capacity about 3000 Marines/contractors. My BIL was a LtC there.
                  Oops, missed this. Thanks

Comment

• Number of new cases in the US has slowed a little bit (although testing still rare in some places). But the number of deaths rose by nearly 250 people, the worst day by far in raw total, and even proportionally it was about the worst in a week. Close to a 35% increase in deaths. Tomorrow we'll easily cross the 1,000 death threshold (might even happen tonight) and by the weekend we will pass China's "official" number of total cases.

Comment

• http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fe853add0-6eea-11ea-89df-41bea055720b?fit=scale-down&quality=highest&source=next&width=1260.png

Here is the link since this did not seem to come out that great. https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest
                      Last edited by Whitley; March 25, 2020, 09:50 PM.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Apparently the president needs to be sufficiently flattered in order to do his job.

Comment

• One of the worst fucking titles for an article I've read. I fully understand FAKE NEWS. Holy shit is that fucking atrocious.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The "establishment" politicians (DeWine and Cuomo) have their day -- https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-their-moment/

A little too thumbnaily, but it's a blog entry. I still can't believe that Mike DeWine -- the dude I worked for and actually know a litte (I'd put it at 80/20 that he remebers my name) -- is turning into some bi-partisan hero. I'm even more puzzled by the rise of Dr. Amy Acton (who no one outside of Ohio will know). But, such is life. There's a right time and place for most people. As I told my wife, I love Coach Ryan Day as OSU football coach, but I wouldn't want anything to do with him as a dentist.

All-in-all, I'm also shocked about the amount of inside baseball a former party-line D would know about Ohio Rs.

Comment

• I'm sure there will be pork projects in the Senate bill that'll be criticized in the coming days but Trump cabana boy Matt Gaetz thinks he already found a good one to harp on: $13 Million to Howard University.

One, you're bitching about $13M in a bill that is sending $30 Billion specifically to colleges and students and is a $6 trillion bill overall.

Two, Howard University has a hospital which has already been designated a COVID-19 treatment center for the outbreak in DC. So maybe find some other 'pork' to bitch about.

More seriously... about why Lindsey Graham, Tim Scott, and whomever else were complaining about the unemployment benefits being so generous they'd incentivize people to quit...

Normally you can't collect unemployment if you voluntarily quit your job. Does this bill somehow change that, from what anyone has heard?

Comment

• PDJT actually had a good response to a pork question -- maybe about the NYC Met or something -- "the Ds wanted it. This is a negotation. You have to give some. It's hpw deals work. They've been good to us." -- something along those lines. Now, I'm sure he said 31 other things on the topic that conflict with that, but at least 1 of 32 was the correct response.

Comment

Working...
                                X