No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admittedly, I'm not watching news reports; I don't follow social media. But, "ethnic minorities" behind the looting, arson and violence?

If I'm not mistaken, Hanni, I think what you mean is racial and ethnic minorities are behind what's going on in our cities. That would mean American Indians, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians and SW Asians predominantly Indians with a few Arabs and also from the ME, Jews. You just are choosing your words carefully to avoid calling out AAs or other "minorities" claiming to be that along with being oppressed by whites.

Non-Hispanic Whites are moving towards, if not already there, losing the majority status they enjoyed since the beginning of the 20th century. As the century began, the U.S. population was 87 percent white. Presently, non-Hispanic whites will make up a slim and fading majority of Americans. But it's a very diverse racial and ethnic mix of what will become the majority in the collective to replace non-Hispanic whites. I don't see this as a situation that brings an end to the America you and I both know.

So, it seems Hannibal sees a culture war behind this week's riots. I can buy "the left" as I believe talent is describing them, is stupidly protesting the liberal government officials they elected and such officials having run cities into the ground and enabled police officers to be hired to the law enforcement force who are themselves criminals.

What I don't believe is happening is that racial and ethnic minorities - normal everyday people, even those frustrated unemployed, less than normal because of COVID - are engaged in an all-out culture war and are the ones behind the arson, looting and violence. There are other forces here and I've defined who I think the collective of those agitators are.

There's plenty of evidence that those forces are present in the US and by this I mean the misfits, anarchists and crazies associated with domestic terror groups. There's also recent evidence that our foreign adversaries are involved in activities that are socially and economically disruptive. There's no evidence, that I am aware of that "ethnic minorities" are the perps here.

There may be some black activists that support violent actions to achieve their objectives involved but I'm not going to discriminate those types from domestic terrorist groups. The arson looting and violence that's happening nationwide and prompting Governors to activate their state's National Guard is activity that, historically, is an outlier. This isn't about pissed off blacks seeking justice. Those people are, for the most part, protesting in non-violent ways.

Of course, there are the sheeple of all colors and races and the agitators use them and they are unknowingly being used. But I don't think for a moment that this is going down because blacks feel oppressed and are seeking some kind of justice by burning down their neighborhoods. I also don't see the rioting as an indicator of a culture war from which we are unable "to see a way forward." That's throwing one's hands up and surrendering to the agitators and that is exactly what they want you to do.

To the rest of the world, the United States is a grand and daring experiment. No other country has so successfully blended so many people of different races and cultures. At a time when racial and ethnic rivalries are promoting violence here, now and around the globe, how Americans handle the necessary transition to a multiracial society that is racially and ethnically diverse has implications that extend far beyond U.S. borders. Our enemies home grown and foreign wish to keep us from achieving it.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Oh fuck. Dickens is back. I don't give a shit about the Olde Curiosity Shop, goddammit.

Comment

• I can buy "the left" as I believe talent is describing them, is stupidly protesting the liberal government officials they elected and such officials having run cities into the ground and enabled police officers to be hired to the law enforcement force who are themselves criminals.
        You can't bury this in the midst of your third paragraph out of 37. People have either scrolled through or glazed over. Frankly, at this point, you have to be drunk endeavor to read that. Speaking of which, I'm getting myself another Kolsch!

Oh fuck. Dickens is back. I don't give a shit about the Olde Curiosity Shop, goddammit.
        Correct. I hope the rioters spared your beloved Reynoldsburg.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Reynoldsburg is fine. I saw a video a couple hours ago of them walking into downtown via 3rd street over 670. I drove past downtown today too and something on fire was sending up a lot of smoke. It was probably that apartment building they've talked about; it seemed closer to the art museum than near the statehouse.

Comment

• talent ...... I assume yer drunk on Kolsch .... and read every bit of the wisdom I posted.

Good.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• China retaliates -- orders all state firms to halt all purchases of US soybeans and pork

Comment

• A trade war will have consequences. Free trade benefits most people much more than they appreciate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  A trade war will have consequences. Free trade benefits most people much more than they appreciate.
                  Depends on ow the Trump administration reacts to this. Right now, we're not talking major economic impact although it's pretty much certain that hard won trade negotiations are getting set-back. I don't think the US and China are going to be sitting down to negotiate trade until the COVID and Hong Kong things sort themselves out. That's going to be either a long time or never. Anti-Chinese sentiment in most of the world over both of these situations - COVID and Hong Kong - works in the US's favor but only marginally. I don't think we'll see positive movement until an administration gets settled in the WH in January 2021. The PRC is going to wait this one out.

Comment

• This is an informative interview regarding vaccines that Stat did with Fauci either Friday or Saturday. Transcript just released this am. The gist, there are multiple promising vaccines in the pipeline. Fauci mentioned 3 of them Moderna, Astra-Zenica, J&J. There are others but not tied to coordinated efforts coming out of one arm or the other of the US CDC. I've seen stuff from India's pharmaceutical industry which is huge. German and China too. Having a vaccine through safety trials with demonstrable efficacy by the end of the year is possible. Phases of testing are being done in an over-lapping way. IOW, not sopping for each phase but as soon as positive results are seen in one phase, the next one starts. Production is also going down like this. May start up on a large scale as early as October if trials continue to be promising. CDC is willing to risk adverse side effects from a vaccine if SARS-COV-2 is either knocked out or COVID disease is prevented (there's a difference). Fauci says, if a vaccine prevents a 1000 deaths/serious illness for one adverse reaction, he can live with that.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/01/...at-warp-speed/

Comment

• The PRC is going to wait this one out.
                      Absolutely right. And believe me, Biden is going to be Xi's Puppet
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm all for making sure that essential industries like medicines are located in the US, and perhaps we allowed too much of that to be outsourced. But steel and computers? Give that stuff to me cheap. Cheap steel means cheaper cars and cheaper construction. Cheaper computers means cheaper machinery for every business in the country. I think that you get the picture.

Comment

• Cheap steel also means your transmission, engine or other critical parts of your car fail - often catastrophically. Applying current logic with the additional fact that the same steel is used for bridges and construction would justify locking down all vehicle traffic indefintely.

Comment

• Trump tells Governors they're weak. His advice? GET TOUGH! DOMINATE! Other countries are calling us a push over!!

I like the little bit at the end where he tells states to pass unconstitutional laws banning flag-burning.

CBS claims they have actual audio of this call. I hope they release it

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              China retaliates -- orders all state firms to halt all purchases of US soybeans and pork

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/chin...urces-say.html
                              More baby-back ribs and port chops for us?
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Happy days are upon us!

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is lifting Michigan's stay-at-home order and allowing restaurants to reopen next week for dine-in service, the Associated Press reported
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X