Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Talent -- holy shitballs

Comment

• My wife is ecstatic. She hates him. She's still bitter at the Ds for siding with the minority of Rs to put him in as speaker.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I've authored a couple of pieces in the last week or so that suggest officials are starting to come to grips with the reality that you cannot contain SRS-CoV-2 and, at the same time, reopen economies, schools, what have you. It is becoming patently clear that even the countries that achieved some success in containing the virus are seeing new infections occur after they claimed, mission accomplished and re-opened even with restrictions to that. The battle rages on.

It hasn't happened yet but it will - countries will figure out how to manage instead of control the virus until an effective vaccine arrives and is distributed at scale and does control it. There may be exceptions and China is one of them. This brutally repressive regime can still lock up it's citizens and close down their economies on short notice when an outbreak appears. They will soon have a vaccine. It will be interesting to see how this country does once it is introduced to their population at level experts say is required (70% and up) to establish control.

WRT learning how to manage C-19 until a vaccine is delivered and distributed, at the regional and local level, we are still seeing debates about masking, restaurant and gym reopenings, school reopenings, all of that. It's a waste of time. Get a grip people. Societies cannot afford to keep kids out of school or personal mobility and business activity restricted to the degree that is necessary to control the spread of the virus. Can't. Period. It even took me a while to get where I am now on this because I too thought we could control it with various but reasonable mitigation measures.

Nope - ain't gonna happen.

Star figuring out how to manage it, continue to reopen until we're at 100% and keep CFR at acceptable levels. Doable.
        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 21, 2020, 08:47 AM.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I’m just happy that the people in Oxford look like they have a vaccine. SEC! SEC! SEC!
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• heh

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              I’m just happy that the people in Oxford look like they have a vaccine. SEC! SEC! SEC!
              Finally, smallpox eradicated everywhere in the South!

Comment

• Damn, Cinci newspaper says Householder has already been arrested. Along with 4 others

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Finally, smallpox eradicated everywhere in the South!
                  Look, when Ole Miss cures Covid, we’re putting General Barksdale on the 20-dollar-Bill.

(Kinda stoke this SEC-vaccine thing. There is a parody Twitter account named Three Year Letterman who got a bunch of Brit Twitter users upset by giving credit for the vaccine to Ole Miss).
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I will give you credit, AA, when most of us here were saying no big deal we'll get through it quickly in February and March, you said it's gonna take a vaccine.

Prescient.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• "Bake the cake" will be Federal law within a decade. Guaranteed. They'll read some penumbra into the Civil Rights Act or something of that nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Increasingly we live in "two Americas"...
                        We increasingly live in two Amerias, and one of those Americas has a near sociopathic obsession with censorship, controlling the other America, and destroying everything that is good, just, or beautiful about our society. All that the other America wants is to be left the fuck alone, enjoy safe streets, and continue to live in the country that they grew up in. These two Americas are totally incompatible with one another at this point and I don't see a reconciliation. There seems to be a certain heavily deluded portion of the population that thinks that this is all going to go away once Trump is out of office. As if it's Trump's fault that academia has trained a generation of violent, moronic Marxist goons and Social Justice Warriors incapable of critical thought.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; July 21, 2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          I will give you credit, AA, when most of us here were saying no big deal we'll get through it quickly in February and March, you said it's gonna take a vaccine.

Prescient.
                          I’m a super genius. You’d all be better off by making me your benevolent dictator for life.

Comment

• Lotta truth in what you say, Hannibal.

Comment

• Depressing but I have moved closer to Hanni's positions on this than I ever thought I would. I don't think the body politics movement to the left, is Trump's fault and it will go away when Biden gets elected. I think the movement is deep rooted and long standing. COVID and George Floyd have just unmasked it. I still hold out some hope that it is the radicals and anarchists that have been behind both the rhetoric, augmented by a inappropriately sympathetic press and without appropriate balance on the right, and violent activities that is driving perceptions right now.

In that regard I want Hannibal to be wrong. Unfortunately in my calculus it is becoming increasingly likely that he is right.

Comment

• Man this Householder stuff is nuts. First Energy gave him and his buddies $60 million in exchange for a bailout. $60 million! And the bribes started before he was even Speaker. So the questions are: 1) Did he in turn bribe other Reps, including any Dems, to vote for the bailout and 2) Did he bribe any of them to win their support for Speaker in the first place?

Comment

Working...
                                X