X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooof, from one of Louie Gohmert's daughters

EeRTEexVoAAwnV5?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• None of those people or groups or people hate America. None of them.

And the right excludes the KKK, the Proud Boys and the Religious Right

Your turn.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The Left does an excellent job of “pretending” to hate this country. The fact is that the progressive left DOES hate America. They hate capitalism. The hate free speech. They reject Western liberalism. They reject American exceptionalism. There’s no real denying that.

And now they’re preying upon most people’s general desire to be a “good” person to try to push their nonsense through the racism Trojan horse.

Most Ds are generally unaware on this front or consider it doomed to fail (DSL). But it’s happening. End of story. I hope DSL is right. We probably won’t know until 2022, 2024.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Of course I'm watching Hurricane Isiais down here in Fort Lauderdale. Right now, Isiasis has both slowed and weakend. It's facing a wall of dry air to the west and the amount of activity (its called popping) is dwindling. It's cleared Andros Islands which is S and West of Nassau, highest winds at the airport there were under 50. It now heads towards Freeport and then enters the Straights of FL and it could strengthen a bit but the consensus from observers is that it won't becasue of the dry air it's sucking up; some think it could fall apart completely but they are in the minority.

In any event, it's really not a Cat 1 Hurricane right now but the NHC, correctly, IMO, won't say that as the folks will drop their guard and these systems do crazy things. It appears that whatever happens to it strength wise, it's is going to stay off-shore and present only a threat of some stormy, windy weather in most of S. FL. We're getting some squall lines as I write this, then the sky clears and it's nice again. Typical when the storms stay off-shore. Its still quite a bit S and E of S FL so still early. Supposed to pass by our area late Saturday night, Sunday morning.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            The Left does an excellent job of “pretending” to hate this country. The fact is that the progressive left DOES hate America. They hate capitalism. The hate free speech. They reject Western liberalism. They reject American exceptionalism. There’s no real denying that.

And now they’re preying upon most people’s general desire to be a “good” person to try to push their nonsense through the racism Trojan horse.

Most Ds are generally unaware on this front or consider it doomed to fail (DSL). But it’s happening. End of story. I hope DSL is right. We probably won’t know until 2022, 2024.

And the rubes eat it up...
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              Of course I'm watching Hurricane Isiais down here in Fort Lauderdale. Right now, Isiasis has both slowed and weakend. It's facing a wall of dry air to the west and the amount of activity (its called popping) is dwindling. It's cleared Andros Islands which is S and West of Nassau, highest winds at the airport there were under 50. It now heads towards Freeport and then enters the Straights of FL and it could strengthen a bit but the consensus from observers is that it won't becasue of the dry air it's sucking up; some think it could fall apart completely but they are in the minority.

In any event, it's really not a Cat 1 Hurricane right now but the NHC, correctly, IMO, won't say that as the folks will drop their guard and these systems do crazy things. It appears that whatever happens to it strength wise, it's is going to stay off-shore and present only a threat of some stormy, windy weather in most of S. FL. We're getting some squall lines as I write this, then the sky clears and it's nice again. Typical when the storms stay off-shore. Its still quite a bit S and E of S FL so still early. Supposed to pass by our area late Saturday night, Sunday morning.
              Right now it sounds like its more of a troublesome thunderstorm, than a hurricane.

When I lived there we had a couple tropical depressions/hurricanes that skirted the east coast of Florida. After they went by, it was actually nice, because they sucked out all the heat and humidity away and we had a few days of warm dry weather.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That take, Liney, about 12h ago was pretty accurate. The NHC has a job for you.

Isiasis has become a 55 mph tropical storm at the 0626 NHC Discussion. It is tracking North, North West at 8mph and is parallelling the FL coast but remaining off shore. A ridge centered around Bermuda will keep Isiasis from heading more easterly and away from the the FL coast and US East coast through Monday. The wind field has become smaller and he continues to face unfavorable conditions and strong windshear for reorganization or strengthening. Models predict it will make a further turn to the east as it gets farther north and another ridge moving East from the central US will push Isiasis out into the colder waters of the Atlantic by mid week. It is expected to dissipate.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• On a positive note, FL emergency management did a good job prepping for worst case Isiaisis circumstances combined with COVID. Shelters were planned with appropriate spacing, seven opening in Palm Beach County and did take in some evacuees from areas in that county with a high probability of hurricane landfall. It was a good drill because this was a dress rehearsal for the reminder of the Hurricane season in FL that is supposed to be very active. It's early.

Comment

• I don't know if this is a national trend but interesting in FL nonetheless. Private schools are seeing a 30% increase in applications for admissions as FL's public schools dither about having in-person learning. At this point, none of the systems in S. FL are opening as they usually do in the first week of August. They are delaying starting and when they do start most will offer only on-line learning. I don't think this is completely unreasonable based on the level of community spread of the virus in the tri-county region. While it is improving it is not anywhere near the 1:1 spread that experts say it should be before considering in person learning. I'm not sure that is achievable so, again, a risk/benefit calculation needs to be made.

I don't think we understand the risk side of the calculation very well and that is because of my view that the virus data is badly flawed. There's no question that we understand the downside of keeping kids out of school. My take is that the option of in-person learning should be available to all students who attend public schools. Implementing then manage outcomes of that strategy is expensive. State and local governments can't deficit spend so the fed has to step in to provide money to implement that strategy. That support is in both the D and R versions of the next relief bill. It sucks that the two sides can't negotiate a bill.

Comment

• I posted about Jamie Samuelson in the wrong thread, even though he loved college football (Northwestern).

Eea8crkX0AA2bwe?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

• Olivia de Havilland, Regis Philibin, Kirk Douglas, Wilford Brimley, Charlie Daniels, Hugh Downs, Little Richard, Kenny Rogers, Max von Sydow, Fred Willard, Jerry Stiller, now John Saxon.

2020 is taking some recognizable entertainers.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• This illustrates things quite well.
                          EeavjHIXgAAb5HS?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

• FTR, JD .. I wear a mask everywhere I go in public. I also carry a small bottle of sanitizer with me to frequently cleanse my hands with. I do so of my own free will.

That being said ...

What do you propose that we do with people who choose to not wear masks? Fine them? Arrest them? Around here, a millage was just recently defeated that would have funded the building of a new jail, because our current jail is about to be declared unfit for human habitation by Whitmer's government. We aren't equipped to house everyone that chooses to not wear masks. Yet our local newspaper is filled with people complaining in the opinion column, about people who refuse to wear masks, and many suggesting "they should be locked up".

My response was, "Where?" You just turned down a new jail. Where do you put them?

Your suggestions?

Even Dr Fauci goes back and forth on mask usage. One day he says we should always wear them, others, he does not. He refuses to weigh in on whether unmasked protesters could be spreading the virus, but readily weighs in on wearing a mask when we go to the grocery store. He was even shown not wearing a mask at a baseball game recently.

A security guard at a Flint Dollar Store was shot and killed recently, because he told a customer that she could not enter without a mask. She went home and told her husband and son, who returned to the store and shot the security guard dead. Fortunately, they've been caught, and will never be free men again.

What about attitudes like that?

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liney, here's your answer .......

https://www.tiktok.com/@shenanigantw...20378357910790

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Your suggestions?
                                Start a national registry for people that do not want to wear masks (choosing 'personal freedom'). Anyone on the registry cannot be ticketed, fined, or arrested for failing to wear a mask in public. However, anyone on the registry releases all insurance companies from covering any covid expenses for themselves or their families. If a person on the registry contracts covid, any person who has been in contact with said person in the past 14 days may initiate property forfeiture proceedings and wage garnishment to cover all their medical and personal expenses. Similarly to the concealed weapons law here in Michigan, any person feeling that their life is threatened by the close proximity of the registered maskless person, may use lethal force to end the threat.

Survivors can continue to parade around the governor's mansion with their AR-15s, making the virus shake in it's boots.
                                Last edited by Ghengis Jon; August 2, 2020, 12:02 PM.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X