Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill is total trash.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Hill is total trash.
      Well, don't be in a hurry to judge her.

There's still a chance that Oprah Winfrey and future President Kamala Harris may agree with her....
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Hill is total trash.
        That's racist

Comment

• Here we go again.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Oh good, he wants this to be as messy and humiliating as possible. Endorse

Comment

• He wants the remainder of his contract. Pool boys aren’t cheap.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That is such a shame.

I know some here will disagree, but Jerry Falwell Sr. was actually a decent man who should have kept his focus on the ministry, instead of politics. His vision for Liberty University was a good one, and he started it the right way. His son has brought in some big bucks in support of the university, but he doesn't have the same love for the mission of the school as his dad did. Jerry Junior has taken Liberty University down the same path that Richard Roberts took Oral Roberts University. Nothing but shame and disgrace.

I've never been in favor of pastors and ministers being involved in politics. Faith and politics don't mix well. Many times they are in direct confrontation with each other.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• In the meantime somebody else will do his job while he just watches.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    That is such a shame.

I know some here will disagree, but Jerry Falwell Sr. was actually a decent man who should have kept his focus on the ministry, instead of politics. His vision for Liberty University was a good one, and he started it the right way. His son has brought in some big bucks in support of the university, but he doesn't have the same love for the mission of the school as his dad did. Jerry Junior has taken Liberty University down the same path that Richard Roberts took Oral Roberts University. Nothing but shame and disgrace.

I've never been in favor of pastors and ministers being involved in politics. Faith and politics don't mix well. Many times they are in direct confrontation with each other.
                    I read a student op-ed a month or two ago about the school and ever since he got intimately involved with Trump and became very politically involved, applications to the school have actually gone down. To hide that they've significantly lowered admissions standards to still increase enrollment, even as there are fewer applicants.

Comment

• Republicans said the Dem convention was too dark and you'd hear a lot of optimism this week in contrast

Right off the bat...

Charlie Kirk: This election is a choice between preserving our country or losing everything you love

Some blond bimbo that can't act and that runs a coffee shop in Montana: I would wake up screaming from nightmares that Joe Biden was coming to take away everything I had. Thank you Jesus for giving us Donald J. Trump

Comment

• It's pretty wild that Charlie Kirk was the first speaker, btw. Being a frequent Fox guest matters more at this convention than being a powerful Senator or Governor.

He did NOT introduce himself as the co-Founder of the Falkirk Center (look it up)

Comment

• We are living in a non stop shit show.

Comment

• Whitley, this is for you ......

A circuit Court Judge in Tallahassee heard the FL Teacher's Union (FEA) suit alleging that the state's Superintendent of Education's (Corcoran) "order" to open "brick and mortar" schools for in-person learning 5d per week is unconstitutional - the FL constitution guaranteeing that local superintendents have the sole authority to decide.

The state will appeal and the court has issued a stay of the injunction the FEA sought pending the appeal. As I explained my read of the situation, Desantis did not "order" anything. He directed Corcoran to develop a plan to reopen schools in FL. The plan included the requirement to offer in-person learning as an option for parents to decide on. Local supers would decide how that was to be implemented.The FEA didn't want any teacher to have to carry out in-person learning. The Judge wrote that the FEA had provided enough evidence to support their claim that "irreparable damage" will be done if Corcoron's reopening plan that includes a requirement for in-person learning stands.

I did not see this in any of the study of the FL school reopening plan or pertinent EOs but the FEA claimed that Corcoron threatened to withhold state funding for schools that did not offer this option. I don't know if this is in writing or not. I suspect it is. I guess that the "irreparable damage" the FEA claimed would occur has to do with Corcoran actually withholding funds. I also suspect the state's arguments rest on the underlying principal that under the Governor's emergency orders authority he can direct Corcoron to develop a school year plan that requires some level of in-person learning subject to the discretion of local authorities. It seems to me that is what is happening. Counties in S. FL, where community spread of the virus is present have been allowed to conduct remote learning and that's going well so far.

Is the Desantis EO declaring a state of emergency in FL due to COVID also give him the right to direct his Superintendent of Education to develop a reopening plan that includes in-person learning? This is somewhat like the situation in MI where Whitmer's directives under her emergency EO were ruled to be constitutional. I have a feeling that FL will win this on appeal if the outcome of the Whitmere case in MI is an indication of that.

So,for now, it's turned into a pissing contest between teachers and Corcoron. The teachers think it's unsafe to teach until such time as there is something close to zero risk that they will catch the virus at school and Corcoran thinks that the probability of said teachers getting the virus and becoming seriously ill from it is so remote that the harm to students not attending school in person, at some frequency up to and including 5d is greater than the risk to teachers.

You know where I stand on this.
                            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 24, 2020, 09:03 PM.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• ...... and in other scare the shit out of you news on COVID, Doctors in Hong Kong have identified one person, ONE, that appears to have been reinfected with a different strain of SARS-CoV-2 that has been identified as being present in Europe in late 2019, maybe earlier.

Deep within the article that has appeared as an authored piece in the NYT are several important points:

(1) SARS-CoV-2 is fundamentally a fucking "cold" virus and that is why you can catch a "cold" several times, year after year. It's important to note that the ONE, let me repeat that one guy, that has been reinfected had mild cold symptoms the first time he was infected with SARS-CoV-2 and no symptoms the second time, indicating that for SARS-CoV-2 he built immunity to that virus after the first exposure!!!!

(2) This fact also portends the reliability of a preventative C-19 vaccine that targets specific and unique aspects (depending on the type of vaccine) that are novel and only present on SARS-CoV-2. +
                              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• LMAO...holy shit. Turn down your speakers. The Republican Party, ladies and gentleman.

Comment

Working...
                                X